Time to Unleash Moses the Monster in the centres

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Campbell Graham is actually quite quick believe it or not. Just don't think ppl get to see him stretch out too often
Agree he is not slow but he is certainly no speedster. Did you see him get badly burned by Turbo last night? Obviously Tom’s quick but Graham was well in front and just got smoked on the outside. He didn’t get held up by the Suli decoy either, he trusted Reynolds and had eyes for Tom the entire time.

Agree he is not slow but he is certainly no speedster. Did you see him get badly burned by Turbo last night? Obviously Tom’s quick but Graham was well in front and just got smoked on the outside. He didn’t get held up by the Suli decoy either, he trusted Reynolds and had eyes for Tom the entire time.
No not off the top of my head. I'm sure Tom did burn him but. I don't think there's a centre Tom couldn't burn in those situations. Graham has bulked up a lil bit as well.. probably lost a lil toe. Graham is up there for mine in the centre debates for sure

No not off the top of my head. I'm sure Tom did burn him but. I don't think there's a centre Tom couldn't burn in those situations. Graham has bulked up a lil bit as well.. probably lost a lil toe. Graham is up there for mine in the centre debates for sure
Yeah he is coming along nicely. Good solid reliable player who doesn’t do much wrong.

Pull your head in

No need to call him names. Nothing served by it and can actually get you into some real (not internet) trouble .

Criticise his game but keep the names out of it
Agree my 11yr old is upset but hed not carrying on like that. He’s did his best Suli but the reality is it’s not good enough and hasn’t been all year. Hence the Parker selection.

He played against the Storm when we lost and he was dormant

I Have nothing personal against Parker

I take it personal when we dont win a premiership and we have not won one since 2011

Every year we are knocked out of the comp I feel like being knocked over by a truck

Its a sht feeling.
Its hard taking a loss and its harder seeing the other teams supporters smiling and raising their winning coloured flags.

Its more than a game . Its all about living up our standard as the greatest club of all The Manly sea eagles

The game against Melbourne was a different game.

One thing that I noticed last night that does make me glad that Suli is no longer our problem.

In early tackles, Saab, Garrick and Harper were taking runs, and getting pushed back. And where was big, hard running Moses Suli? Mostly out on the left edge twiddling his thumbs watching everyone else do the work.

Look, he can be an awesome ball runner. The problem is that he's still bone lazy.

Thankfully he's now St Merge's problem. Thanks for your service Moses, but don't let the door hit you on the way out.

One thing that I noticed last night that does make me glad that Suli is no longer our problem.

In early tackles, Saab, Garrick and Harper were taking runs, and getting pushed back. And where was big, hard running Moses Suli? Mostly out on the left edge twiddling his thumbs watching everyone else do the work.

Look, he can be an awesome ball runner. The problem is that he's still bone lazy.

Thankfully he's now St Merge's problem. Thanks for your service Moses, but don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Big for nothing most of the time.

2 out of his 3 tries in the back end of the year was against Parra who had a player in the bin. Then his two breaks in the 2nd half was when Reynolds was off and they changed their right edge defence.

It's all well and good having a big centre but when he rushes in and doesn't get a hand on anyone and then chooses when to put his body on the line, that's going to bite any team in the ass.

Griffin paying him nearly $600k a season is a good laugh.

Ah well, Suli had his chances & unfortunately still makes the same mistakes he was making 3 years ago.

He is capable of breaking through defensive lines & offloading but that plus is heavily tempered by the mistakes he makes (that he doesn't seem to learn from).

I wish him well at St George, he did his best for us but unfortunately it wasn't good enough.

Another thing too, Parker plays with 100% commitment in both attack and defense. That is the type of player I want to see playing because yes it's good to have superstars and game breakers, but you also need players like Parker that show heart.
Absolutely. Parker literally knocks himself out playing for Manly.
You can't afford to pay a team full of Toms (unless you have a sombrero)

Picking Suli last night was always going to end poorly, as you correctly identified. He should never have been selected.

If Des put Walker back at centre and brought Sipley onto the bench, imo we would have gone a lot closer to winning last night.
Sipley would have been better able to fill the gap the Keppie injury had on us.

The only positive from last night is Suli is the Dragons problem now.

Suli had enough time to prove himself and didn't. I'm afraid he may end up another with enormous potential but just didn't have the mental strength to apply it. I'd love to see Parker's determination and commitment in Suli's body.
Joining the Dragons - appropriate.

Meet Ted Suliwin.

Another player with vast potential, never fully realised.

Picking Suli last night was always going to end poorly, as you correctly identified. He should never have been selected.

If Des put Walker back at centre and brought Sipley onto the bench, imo we would have gone a lot closer to winning last night.
Sipley would have been better able to fill the gap the Keppie injury had on us.

The only positive from last night is Suli is the Dragons problem now.

I can see the case for why Suli got picked. It offered the least disruption to the team (no forced positional changes) and still allowed Des to use Walker as a running and ball playing lock.

In hindsight, the biggest tactical blunder we probably made with selection was I would have actually had Sips there instead of Lawton. I know its easy to be a genius after the fact, but Sips would have made losing Keppie early easier to manage. We already had a utility on the bench in Walker which kinda makes Lawton's position redundant. And I think a bigger body than Lawton, i.e. Sips or even Siro, would have been tactically better.

You know, ideally what you want from a centre is a big, strong, fast ball runner like Moses Suli combined with the defensive game and work ethic of a Brad Parker (in other words, you want Mal Meninga in his prime as your centre). But its rare you'll ever get that in one complete package. And if you did, these days they wouldn't last long out in the backs before some coach puts them in the back row.

Last edited:
It's concerning but I'm sure Des will fix this over the pre-seasons is how our backs get man handled. When our forwards aren't going forward it's vital that our backs do some hard yards and carry the ball hard into the defensive line. Only Turbo does this well but Garrick, Saab, Parker and Harper need to add some size in the pre-season.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8