Time to Unleash Moses the Monster in the centres

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
@BOZO

Comments????? Please.
Tonight we played a top 3 side and our players were put in finals perspective

Moses the Monster showed Glimpses of Greatness but Great Finals players are 80 minutes players

I was hoping that Moses and our Manly players would rise to the occasion but it was not meant to be

We are a few quality players away from competing with the top three teams next year

Mate, I wanted Suli to have the best game of his life, I really did.

But I knew deep down that he would not be the guy that won it for us.
Unfortunately he was up to his armpits in losing it for us.
Yeah I don't disagree and, personally, I have never been sold on Suli... I was just sticking up for @BOZO Because he bleeds maroon and white... (And we all get it wrong at times)

Last edited:
Serious?
If you think Suli lost us the game, you have no idea.
He made two clean line breaks when given the ball with some room and set up two tries. NO other player looked like making a break tonight.
He did well at the back end but there were bad reads and errors when it mattered... he didn't lose us the game but for mine it is pretty obvious why the non-flashy Parker is our first-choice centre... Ginger puts pressure on the attack and invariably makes the right call... scoring tries when the pressure is off and we are no chance of winning means SFA imo...

Yeah I don't disagree and, personally, I have never been sold on Suli... I was just sticking up for @BOZO Because he breeds maroon and white... (And we all get it wrong at times)
Thank you feathered friend for understanding that we all believe that certain players can do the job for us

Unfortunately None of our current centres are dominant finals centres

I don’t think we should discount the toll of a long season on some of our younger players...Harper and Schuster in particular. They are playing tired.

Personally, I’m sad to see Suli go as he could be anything but we have to trust that Harper will develop...it’s not an overnight thing...Parker will never be a world beater but he is actually a lot like Campbell Graham; big, good defender, not overly fast or flashy.

Thank you feathered friend for understanding that we all believe that certain players can do the job for us

Unfortunately None of our current centres are dominant finals centres
Another year over @BOZO and we have given our all...

Personally, and I hate to say this as he was really good in some games this year, I think it is Harper that has a question mark over him...

The ginga ninja is consistent, he is a brilliant defender and he is a good finisher.... and I personally believe that consistency is massively underrated...

Tippytoes could be the player to kick on next season, hopefully he gets a crack at left centre that's his preferred position
It’d be interesting to see how he goes if he gets an opportunity but I don’t think we need to throw the baby out with the bath water just yet. Harper will develop. Still very young and inexperienced. Parker is a really strong defender and will be going around again...I actually think all this talk about our edge defence masks some bigger problems, like a lack of go forward and momentum in the ruck and poor line speed in the middle (apart from Walker).

I don’t think we should discount the toll of a long season on some of our younger players...Harper and Schuster in particular. They are playing tired.

Personally, I’m sad to see Suli go as he could be anything but we have to trust that Harper will develop...it’s not an overnight thing...Parker will never be a world beater but he is actually a lot like Campbell Graham; big, good defender, not overly fast or flashy.
Campbell Graham is a both a quality defender and quality attacker who is more agile and has bit of speed as well .
He is a more complete player

Personally, and I hate to say this as he was really good in some games this year, I think it is Harper that has a question mark over him...

The ginga ninja is consistent, he is a brilliant defender and he is a good finisher.... and I personally believe that consistency is massively underrated...
I agree that Harper is the question mark to an extent...Parker is certainly more safe in this team but one thing about Harper is his youth and inexperience. It’s no surprise that the longer the year has progressed, the poorer he has gone...that to me is a sign of fatigue. Mental and physical. It’s a huge ask for a rookie to come in and play a long long season away from home with all the disruptions.

I don’t believe his last 3 weeks of footy are an indication of his ability. He was a fantastic defensive centre for 3/4 of the year...for him to suddenly lose it overnight, tells me there is more to it; namely, confidence, fatigue, etc.

This is what I believe ..
Speed is King and I like good competent defensive backs that have speed and line breaking ability because we cannot afford to be a one man team and rely on Tommy all the time .

I think the problem with the way we view league (at times) is that we do not give players time nor do we let players learn by making mistakes.

I am not saying someone like Harper is going to be our next great centre but he is in his first year of first grade.

Take a trip down memory lane with the below. A the same stage of his career the majority of forum folk were on the fence about Steve M. My memory at the time was it took him a good couple of years to establish himself

Travis Burns

Quick Season Review

Kennedy, Watmough, Matai, Stephenson

Whats the latest with Matai???

Campbell Graham is a both a quality defender and quality attacker who is more agile and has bit of speed as well .
He is a more complete player

You can argue he has the benefit of 50 more games as well

Harper is awesome and deserves to hold his spot despite a couple of subpar finals performances - he will only be better for it.

I do however think we could come to regret letting Suli and holding onto Parker. Parker literally offers nothing in attack and while Suli has some errors in him, he’s a handful with the ball and hasn’t had the chance to play with Turbo all season like Parker has. Either way I think a proper strike centre would do us the world of good as we need something else for when Turbo is contained.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4