Time to Unleash Moses the Monster in the centres

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I’m happy to lose him. Similar to the AFB situation they are very good footballers on their day but I don’t think his loss will impact on the future of the team. If you look at our record this year, and his, that speaks for it itself. I think he is on decent coin as well.

Respectfully disagree with much of this, barring perhaps the last point.

What you refer to as Parker's "dropping off" in defence is still miles ahead of the best we've seen from Suli to date.

As for ability to be coached, I would argue you have it arse-end around. Parker has shown humility and nothing but a willingness to work hard at his game, despite whatever perceived shortages there may be in his natural ability. Suli is the one who has often fallen short in desire and self-driven hard work. That cannot be coached.
Totally agree. I have been waiting 3 years to see what Suli was gunna do. Suli has the size and strength and has shown us what he is capable off but to be honest he has not progressed past that. Parker is far more consistent. Even if Suli went out and demolished the bulldogs on Sunday, I would still be thinking if he would be in the right frame of mind for next week.

Suli is a fantastic athlete, and he's shown this year he really wants to be part of this side by getting himself really fit. Each chance he's had, he's run hard and obviously he can cause some damage.

Game awareness, footy smarts, these might be the areas he needs to improve? Never met the guy and don't want to cast aspersions unfairly, so this is just a guess. Kids footy, just go for it on instinct. But modern NRL?

Modern NRL is not exactly the NFL where players must memorise numerous plays, but its definitely getting more that way. The trendsetting Storm's success is not just down to a few brilliant individuals, it is really because the entire team is so well organised, each player knows where to be and what to do.

Just came across a recording i had from last year when we beat the dogs.

In case any of you are wondering what Suli is guaranteed to deliver.....

Line wide open and he went himself.... didn't even consider the pass.

In 2021 Harper and or parker pass to garrick for another try.

Guy has talent but not many footy smarts.

Not too sure what general criteria is being applied here in terms off player rating and the apparent disconnect between past and present form levels . Plenty of opinion prior to this season that Croker , Parker , Garrick , Paseka for instance and at different stages were not of i st grade standard and did not deserve their spots . Personally never was of the view that they could not offer something and not capable of further improvement and all considered worthy i st grade level players now . Just can :t understand why Suli has not been given the same respect and recognition and especially in recent times and as far as Manly "s ongoing prospects for a not improbable shot at the title this season or certainly the approaching final "s series . Again very limited opportunities this season but again his last two full matches , Suli has been close to the best on field , Should "t recent or current form be the main consideration for game day 17 inclusion and not relating back to previous times when overall team poor performances [ and including many established individual players ] was a serious and prevailing issue and Suli not even playing in many of these matches . Only again concerned with the here and now , Suli has put together some impressive form and adequate enough defence . Just wish that once this season [ and it may still occur ] that Suli could or will have a full game with Turbo showing his all round skill and talent ability to provide plenty of attacking options for Suli and directing the defence from the back .

Just can :t understand why Suli has not been given the same respect and recognition and
Not referring to you, but there have been many voices howling over the last year or two about players being given too many chances!!
Parker and Suli have both played about 70 or 80 NRL games, and I'm sure those charged with making these decisions are well aware of their relative strengths and weaknesses.
As I said earlier, I suspect it was quite a close call this week about whether to retain Suli but I don't criticise the decision not to.

I suspect it was quite a close call this week about whether to retain Suli
With due respect, I think the prospect of releasing $550k was a simple no brainer, I am quite happy to sit back and watch Suli become the GOAT that some think he is, but at another club.

Not too sure what general criteria is being applied here in terms off player rating and the apparent disconnect between past and present form levels . Plenty of opinion prior to this season that Croker , Parker , Garrick , Paseka for instance and at different stages were not of i st grade standard and did not deserve their spots . Personally never was of the view that they could not offer something and not capable of further improvement and all considered worthy i st grade level players now . Just can :t understand why Suli has not been given the same respect and recognition and especially in recent times and as far as Manly "s ongoing prospects for a not improbable shot at the title this season or certainly the approaching final "s series . Again very limited opportunities this season but again his last two full matches , Suli has been close to the best on field , Should "t recent or current form be the main consideration for game day 17 inclusion and not relating back to previous times when overall team poor performances [ and including many established individual players ] was a serious and prevailing issue and Suli not even playing in many of these matches . Only again concerned with the here and now , Suli has put together some impressive form and adequate enough defence . Just wish that once this season [ and it may still occur ] that Suli could or will have a full game with Turbo showing his all round skill and talent ability to provide plenty of attacking options for Suli and directing the defence from the back .
All good but surely by Parker missing ONE game through no fault of his own would feel hard done by if Des said “sorry mate, I know you’ve played well over the past 14 weeks but this guy that just played his best game since 2019 deserves your spot now”.

Yep, team harmony 101.

Yes there were calls to get rid of just about everyone in our backline rounds 1 through 4 this year but we've all seen the team develop cohesion since round 5 & improve week on week (apart from the Knights & first Canberra games).

That cohesion has developed with Parker & Harper locking up the defence in their respective centre positions & also resulted in our wingers seeing more of the ball & scoring more tries.

Suli unfortunately has shown glimpses of brilliance over the nearly 4 years he's been here but hasn't shown any consistency, hence people preferring to stick with the safer & more settled combination we've got in Parker & Harper.

How many chances do you give this bloke, Des has been patient for three years, potential doesn't win games.
You are spot on there feathered friend @QLDSeaeagle . Potential does not win games
High performance on the field does and The Monsters man of the match blockbusting display against the raiders laid the platform for our win .

The monster took his chance that we gave him and repaid us in full being voted man of the match by the fox match commentators .

All good but surely by Parker missing ONE game through no fault of his own would feel hard done by if Des said “sorry mate, I know you’ve played well over the past 14 weeks but this guy that just played his best game since 2019 deserves your spot now”.

Yep, team harmony 101.
Not trying to be contradictory but would have [ or bit more inclined ] reinstated Brad to the starting line up this week just for some mainly short term continuity . Probably not a challenging test against the Dogs on current indications [ but of course hope for a very convincing win ] and not so much Brad being on notice but just see how things pan out . Sure that Des and others know what Suli can or could bring to the side and will be very likely be taking that into account with Brad "s overall performances this game and maybe even next . If Suli was bought into the side last club game or i st final , Brad would no doubt be 18 th man and a general consensus that Suli could just provide that extra impetu to boost the side more . Team harmony is naturally a serious priority , so is having the strongest possible line up on the paddock to give the side the best prospects of winning, especially in the step up to final " s footy .

Missing Suli today with his aggressive runs, I am not sure about resting players next week, this week players who had last week off have not played up to their usual standards.

Missing Suli today with his aggressive runs, I am not sure about resting players next week, this week players who had last week off have not played up to their usual standards.
Agree. If we play like this against the Cows we will lose our top 4 spot. Nowhere near good enough today! Even though we bombed a few and could have won by 20 the performance was very flat and maybe the wake up call they needed!

We could have used him out there today. Let's all do the monster mash.. hey @BOZO how does it go again?
Here you go feathered friend...

I was watching the Manly Raiders match late one night
When my eyes beheld an eerie sight
Moses Suli came on the field and began to rise
And suddenly to my surprise
Moses the Monster was a smash
He did the monster mash
(The monster mash) It was a graveyard smash
(He did the mash) It caught on in a flash
(He did the mash) He did the monster mash

Sulis powerful and Intimidating Scary Monster Mash show was evidently missed today

As There was absolutely nothing Intimidation or scary about the Predictable Passive Parker .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7