Time to Unleash Moses the Monster in the centres

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
WE GOT THE WIN. Thanks to all of our boys, especially for extracting the digit after half time. The Doggies played with intent today, somebody forgot to send them the script. Manly played the first half like they believed the hype. Thank the football gods, Des re-aquainted them with reality at half time.

Screenshot_20210829-165034_Chrome.jpg

This game showed us we need Suli for the finals. Suli is a certified game breaker and strike player. The gamebreakers we got right now in our side are DCE, Smole, Schu, and obviously Tom. You can also argue for Walker, because he fits under the criteria of a player that can make something out of absolutely nothing. But that first half, bulldogs did really well in closing down tom and schu, which got chez out of the game as well, because chez relies on the go forward of those other boys to play his best game. And Smole just wasn't getting enough space and ball.

Adding Suli is looking more and more of a MUST, because in the finals, when the intensity is up, and we're down on points or it's a close game with 20 minutes left, Suli is another man in attack we can trust to break open the game and deliver our opportunities. It's just what we need to add. We keep adding strike across the park and top teams just won't be able to stop them all. 5 or 6 gamebreakers in a starting team is what Penrith got, Melbourne got and a lot of past premiership teams had. Suli is that missing piece.

This game showed us we need Suli for the finals. Suli is a certified game breaker and strike player. The gamebreakers we got right now in our side are DCE, Smole, Schu, and obviously Tom. You can also argue for Walker, because he fits under the criteria of a player that can make something out of absolutely nothing. But that first half, bulldogs did really well in closing down tom and schu, which got chez out of the game as well, because chez relies on the go forward of those other boys to play his best game. And Smole just wasn't getting enough space and ball.

Adding Suli is looking more and more of a MUST, because in the finals, when the intensity is up, and we're down on points or it's a close game with 20 minutes left, Suli is another man in attack we can trust to break open the game and deliver our opportunities. It's just what we need to add. We keep adding strike across the park and top teams just won't be able to stop them all. 5 or 6 gamebreakers in a starting team is what Penrith got, Melbourne got and a lot of past premiership teams had. Suli is that missing piece.
or he doesn't turn up a la most of the last 3 years. Let's in a bag of tries and as in the fabled Canberra match, DOESNT score a single meat pie.....

the guy can make 15 line breaks but unless he either scores or sets up others to score it means diddly squat.

What is it with this guy and his looming legend status? He's been 'arriving' since his tiger days so what's that? 5 years ago? either he really did catch the wrong bus or it's just not going to happen.

Whenever I read this Suli vs Parker stuff I am reminded of two relatively unfashionable centres that helped St George to two premierships in the late 1970s - Robert Finch (Brett’s dad) and Graham Quinn.

Neither was particularly fast, but they had two speedsters outside them, Mitch Brennan and Michael Sorridimi. Quinn and Finch knew how to set those wingers up, plus they were both good defenders. Not unlike Parker (and Harper) in both attack and defence.

Quinn was rewarded with an Australian jumper in 1980.

Whenever I read this Suli vs Parker stuff I am reminded of two relatively unfashionable centres that helped St George to two premierships in the late 1970s - Robert Finch (Brett’s dad) and Graham Quinn.

Neither was particularly fast, but they had two speedsters outside them, Mitch Brennan and Michael Sorridimi. Quinn and Finch knew how to set those wingers up, plus they were both good defenders. Not unlike Parker (and Harper) in both attack and defence.

Great comparison. 👏

Yeah but Quinn and [ Robert ] Finch did not have a block busting centre and likely game breaker in the back ground such as Suli to lift their respective side and in the Manly context now . Not the best yard stick yesterday against the Dogs but very sure that Suli would have boosted the Manly effort . Pretty fair indication what Brad brings to the side , usually steady and quite reliable but that will not automatically translate into premiership required input , Again Suli when he has been given the opportunity in recent times and against not unreasonable level opposition has been very influential and shown the X factor . Maybe some valid reason for him still being omitted from a starting centre spot but just can not see it myself

I’ve changed my mind on the Parker/Suli debate.Always had Parker ahead due to his defence and defensive combination with Garrick but think I’ve come around to thought that it’s the finals and we need match winners and Suli provides that.Not sure how many games Suli has played with TomT either so that adds an extra dynamic

Yeah but Quinn and [ Robert ] Finch did not have a block busting centre and likely game breaker in the back ground such as Suli to lift their respective side and in the Manly context now . Not the best yard stick yesterday against the Dogs but very sure that Suli would have boosted the Manly effort . Pretty fair indication what Brad brings to the side , usually steady and quite reliable but that will not automatically translate into premiership required input , Again Suli when he has been given the opportunity in recent times and against not unreasonable level opposition has been very influential and shown the X factor . Maybe some valid reason for him still being omitted from a starting centre spot but just can not see it myself
The point was that you can win titles without a fast blockbusting centre. Not who may or may not be waiting in the wings.

However if you want to discuss Suli, he is still a poor defender.

Like caging an animal, or not feeding the lion, then setting it loose to extract maximum effect

The point was that you can win titles without a fast blockbusting centre. Not who may or may not be waiting in the wings.

However if you want to discuss Suli, he is still a poor defender.
Point taken but a matter of opinion if Suli is a poor defender and definitely would not subscribe to that view

Like caging an animal, or not feeding the lion, then setting it loose to extract maximum effect
Just don "t tell him where the local K F C is however . Only joking and to his credit or for necessity , he is definitely looking more stream lined these days .

Perspective time

Moving with the times ....

The Modern game is a fast Power game and is dominated by the Faster and more Powerful players and we want the most dominant Manly players on the field fighting for Manly in the finals .

Rising to another level ....

We are entering the twilight zone of finals footy were the pace and intensity and power play of the game grows to another level
and we need to rise and soar like Premiership winning Sea eagles above the Passive and Predictable Parker level to the Aggressive and blockbusting Scary Monster Moses Suli opposition Demolition level

Monster Mash sing along time
All together now !!!

I was watching the Manly Raiders match late one night
When my eyes beheld an eerie sight
Moses Suli came on the field and began to rise
And suddenly to my surprise
Moses the Monster was a smash
He did the monster mash
(The monster mash) It was a graveyard smash
(He did the mash) It caught on in a flash
(He did the mash) He did the monster mash

Perspective time

Moving with the times ....

The Modern game is a fast Power game and is dominated by the Faster and more Powerful players and we want the most dominant Manly players on the field fighting for Manly in the finals .

Rising to another level ....

We are entering the twilight zone of finals footy were the pace and intensity and power play of the game grows to another level
and we need to rise and soar like Premiership winning Sea eagles above the Passive and Predictable Parker level to the Aggressive and blockbusting Scary Monster Moses Suli opposition Demolition level

Monster Mash sing along time
All together now !!!

I was watching the Manly Raiders match late one night
When my eyes beheld an eerie sight
Moses Suli came on the field and began to rise
And suddenly to my surprise
Moses the Monster was a smash
He did the monster mash
(The monster mash) It was a graveyard smash
(He did the mash) It caught on in a flash
(He did the mash) He did the monster mash
Persistence is a virtue.

I have always been a believer that players should be selected on form and not reputation. Suli's form has been good and he deserves a crack. Both Parker and Harper looked tired and flat on the weekend. It would be good for team morale as well which is important at this end of the season.

Andrew Farrar and Chris Mortimer spring to mind too.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8