Pre-Game Tigers v Manly [Round 14, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

4 30
Campbelltown Stadium
12 Jun 2022 02:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
In hindsight Des was made to look so good on his return because Barrett was that bad.

My biggest beef with Des is that we have terrible discipline and little imagination. And we are told he is a perfectionist and is the mad professor coming up with out of the box ideas.

The team plays nothing like it these days.
Des at his peak was Great as both player and coach

Great coaches are Great because they over achieve

and Des has not over achieved in his second coming

There’s some decent assistant coaches out there who’d give their left nut for a first grade gig with Manly.

But none with the Manly DNA.

But is that a necessity??

Fulton from Woolongong
Dessie from Penrith
Cliffy from Norths
Stewart's from Woolongong
DCE from Qld
Matai from NZ
Jamie Lyon from Parra
Paul Vautin from Qld
Ben Kennedy from Newcastle
Malcolm Reilly from England
Ray Branigan Souths
Etc
Etc
Etc
All bought into the Manly identity and left their own contribution to it and had others around them to show them the culture!

Yep, loving our new identity as injury-prone yo-yo performers.
No different to you yo-yo supporters! @:rolleyes: even you all have stuck around identifying yourselves with the clubs culture and reason you still hang around.

We have had injury prone with in and out of form players throughout our history, nothing new about it.

Dreading Des retiring to be honest

Does anyone remember how grim it was at the end of Barretts tenure... it felt like we were about one spoon away from getting relocated.

Agreed with several comments above...i don't care where the coaches come from but i dont know who would even be interested in coaching us if they didn't have a pre-existing connection with Manly. We are not a powerhouse club, several recent successes we have had in recruiting have been from individuals who are no longer with us (Bob Fulton) with seemingly no succession or process to replace their inputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8