Three players who need to step up next year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Three?

I make it more like 18, based on the EFFORT shown this year from the 21 uninjured in the squad. Only Jake, AFB and Kelly gave it all every week.

I have no doubt it will happen under Desmo and Donny, with maybe some of Matty, Kitey and Tooves added as well for good measure.

We will be a hell of a lot more Manly next year.

We grossly under achieved with the incompetent Trent.
With an experienced QUALITY coach I am very confident all players will improve and so will our new season
Trents team lacked heart , purpose and direction .
Looking forward to seeing a Manly team once again in 2019

I think Trent’s team lacked fitness and that’s why the team was so in and out of games. At times they could not keep up with the pace and other times they dominated for 20 minutes and then fell in a heap. Des’s team will be so fit they will stay in matches longer and with that will come confidence and a desire to win. Even players like Parker might surprise everyone. It is so exciting to have Des back as he will whip these players back into shape and have them competitive for every match. And really that’s what it’s all about being competitive and giving it your best shot win, lose or draw.

I'm looking for a massive year from Dylan Walker. He needs to be put at right centre and left there for the whole season regardless of injuries in our halves. A lot of people on here talk about him being close to the best centre in the comp. I'm personally still yet to be convinced. We need big things from him in 2019.

Although granted it was disrupted by injury he had a poor year. Hopefully back in the centres he will be back to his best.

For mine.

1 Tommy - dreadful most of last season. How he made rep sides remains a mystery.

2. Walker - shut your big mouth and play (although I really did enjoy Curtis Scott giving it to him - my season highlight)

3. Thompson - was a toss up between him and Marty - They need to put in 100% every week, potential superstars and could lead us into the top 4.

1. First bench prop. We drop too much once afb and marty come off.
2. Second bench prop, see point one.
3. Winger. Two would be nice. Anderson on one wing (cheap) and buy another (Oates)

I reckon Trent Hodkinson will be used on the interchange and be a useful back up during origin or injury to dummy half and halves. The game is getting too fast for an 80 minute dummy half as they tend to do most of the tackling. You would want Api to go hard, have a break and come on fresh again.
Hopefully Donny Singe will be back and get him in some shape

I would think that Fainu will get the #14 .... Hodgo to reggies ...

Be good if Sipley can go to a better playing and impact level [ and fitness level for that matter ]. Missed Walker"s game breaking ability big time last season with his regular absences and less lip service next year please . Paseka to step up even more , has all of the attributes in his favour to make his presence felt , just a bit more application all round and controlled aggression in defence

1. Kelly. Time to become one of the game's elite young centres. Needs to get faster, bigger. He's a keeper.

2. Sironen. Can't keep living on potential. Must string a lot of games together. Fewer errors.

3. Paseka. No more rookie excuses. Need to use that big frame to dominate games.

Paseka is a 19 year old prop, yes we would expect more improvement but that is one of the toughest roles and takes years to master

Paseka is a 19 year old prop, yes we would expect more improvement but that is one of the toughest roles and takes years to master

From his u/20's games .. I thought his mobility and involvement increased a fair bit ... similar improvement over the break will see him well on his way ...

If Des takes over at Manly, I expect DCE, and the Trbojevics, barring injury, will be better players next year, thanks to their Kangaroo experience. I think Kelly will be improved especially if Elgey can get good ball to him and Walker should feel comfortable being back in the centres full time. I think we'll see the forwards, especially with an increasingly confident Jake, to act more as a unit, with Jake taking a more leadership role. Barring injury I can see a Des coached squad we have, making the finals this year and potentially contesting the title by 2020. But we need good fast wingers.

1 - Elgey - To simply add stability and let his team allow some personal individual skills to shine...could grow into a good player and that's all we need.

2 - Sironen - Injury free will provide more attacking options and add much needed defensive steel.

3 - Api - Under an aggressive coaching system, this bloke will go up a level, 2019 he will be the launchpad both in attack and D around that ruck...making him integral.

1. Penn - stick to your weight loss empire with the salad dodgers and stay out of the footy

2. Lyall - give him free reign and watch him go

3. Woodsie - been far too submissive and needs to get his kilt in order

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4