Three players set to be targeted by ASADA over use of banned peptide CJC-1295

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Nothing to hide from drug probe, says Singe

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/nothing-to-hide-from-drug-probe-says-singe-20130411-2hoer.html#ixzz2QCPjeNcc

Manly trainer Donny Singe says he has nothing to hide and will comply with the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority's interview request, declaring the club has always steered clear of ''illegal processes''.

Singe and head coach Geoff Toovey are the latest NRL identities asked to provide information as part of ASADA's investigations into drugs in sport.

Fairfax Media has been told that at least one former Sea Eagles employee, now at Canterbury, has also been served with an interview request. Former Manly doctor Paul Bloomfield has also reportedly been asked to provide an interview. They join the 31 NRL players ASADA wishes to speak to.

''I'm very comfortable with confirming that the processes and regulations that this club has followed over all its years in relation to our supplementation program is legitimate, above board and totally clear of any illegal processes,'' Singe said.

Advertisement

''We have always followed the guidelines. I'm happy to go into the room with them and tell them who I am and the process I run.''

Manly were one of six clubs named in the Australian Crime Commission's report into doping. Toovey confirmed he had received a letter from ASADA when fronting the media before training at the Sydney Academy of Sport at Narrabeen on Thursday.

''I'm a little bit disappointed that the information got out there so quick,'' Toovey said.

''I received a letter and people were ringing me half an hour later.

''That's disappointing but there's a process and we'll follow it through and see some results from it.

''There's definitely nothing to hide here at Manly, we've already been cleared of that. They're doing a thorough investigation so I have no problems with the whole thing. We'll move on and go about our business.''

Sports scientist Stephen Dank, who was at the club from 2006 until 2010, recently stated that he always sought the consent of ASADA or the World Anti-Doping Agency before administering players with a supplement or product. He has also maintained that peptides were not distributed by him during his Sea Eagles tenure.

Fourteen Sharks players have been asked to be part of the interview process and coach Shane Flanagan has urged ASADA to complete their investigations as soon as possible.

However, former ASADA boss Richard Ings tweeted on Wednesday: ''the players are declining to be interviewed at least at the Sharks. The investigation is being held up as a result.''

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
Did anyone else wonder what a former (ie, not current or relevant in any way) ASADA boss was doing tweeting about anything?

Hamster Huey

Space Invader
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Do you take the readers of this forum to be simpletons? Do you seriously expect us to believe that the main reason the Sharks are struggling is because of all their legal appointments? They aren't very stressed by the actual drugs investigation itself (because as everyone 'knows' there is no evidence of anything) …

Personally I find that even more hilarious than WAMF's latest. I hope you 'Whamfsters' (sorry, couldn't resist) haven't painted yourselves into a corner. :D

No. Do you?

Have a look at Brett Stewarts case as a bit of a guide. He's innocent, he and those around him know he's innocent, but it took a mental and psychological toll on him none-the-less.

Why would the Sharks players be much different?

I expected more from yourself, rather than turning to 'play the man' in this case, SER8.

MWSE said:
I think what SER8 and many others are trying to say is wait until the investigation is complete before you jump to conclusions that there is "no evidence" and its nothing more than a "fishing exercise".

No one wants people to be guilty. But no one should be jumping the gun either. Keep an open mind.

And what others of us are saying is that the manner in which the investigation has been put into the media by the likes of the Govt and ASADA, leaves a lot to be desired.

Tooves makes the point that he's getting phone calls 30mins after getting a letter. Would you have confidence in an investigation that is being run like this?

Rex said:
Media beat up. Who to blame?

How about the media?

I wonder if the media would be behaving this way if they didn't get the opportunity to speculate, dig or draw conclusions (something they've done for as long as we can remember) presented to them on a silver plate.

Is the media behaviour a surprise to you, Rex? Do you think ASADA or Lundy/Clare considered it before the release? Hard to believe they wouldn't have seen the language used would translate into a feeding frenzy, don't you think?

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
Keep up the good fight HH.

I am astounded how much some on here seem to want all of this to be true.

The bottom line for most of us is that we hope all of this amounts to nought, those of us with an ounce of common sense can see this "investigation" is using coercive methods that may compromise any outcome in any case and the smell of politics is there for blind Freddy to see.

But hey, I'll wait for the outcome.

Rex

Bencher
Hamster Huey said:
Rex said:

How about the media?

I wonder if the media would be behaving this way if they didn't get the opportunity to speculate, dig or draw conclusions (something they've done for as long as we can remember) presented to them on a silver plate.

Is the media behaviour a surprise to you, Rex? Do you think ASADA or Lundy/Clare considered it before the release? Hard to believe they wouldn't have seen the language used would translate into a feeding frenzy, don't you think?

Am I surprised what the media is doing Hamster?

Not in the least.

Am I surprised you're their puppet?

Not in the least.

WAMF

Bencher
The arguments being put forward by Rex & SER8 remind me of the swordsman.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anEuw8F8cpE[/video]

Hamster Huey

Space Invader
Rex said:
Hamster Huey said:
Rex said:

How about the media?

Am I surprised what the media is doing Hamster?

Not in the least.

Am I surprised you're their puppet?

Not in the least.

Noted.

Ignore the source event causing the issue noted in this discussion.

Employ 'MSM, Right Wing, Shock Jock' attack on the individual and add 'sheep' element (because nobody but yourself can possibly think for themselves; you are enlightened, after all).

Rex

Bencher
Ralphie said:
Keep up the good fight HH.

I am astounded how much some on here seem to want all of this to be true.
Implicit in your statement, there's a confusion of two different issues Ralphie. There is no logical basis at all for concluding that SER8, say, wants Manly players to be guilty. He has never said that. Never implied it either.

I imagine you, me and SER8 would all prefer no Manly players are guilty - because that would be painful for each one of us. And that is before considering the inevitable prospect of Doggies fans rubbing our noses in it.

Can you see that?

Can you see where you have jumped to an illogical conclusion not supported by the facts?

Ralphie said:
The bottom line for most of us is that we hope all of this amounts to nought, those of us with an ounce of common sense can see this "investigation" is using coercive methods that may compromise any outcome in any case and the smell of politics is there for blind Freddy to see.

But hey, I'll wait for the outcome.

Can you see that you have never waited for any outcome? That you have immediately drawn a conclusion based on scant information, from day one (the announcement)? That having drawn your conclusion, that any facts then become totally irrelevant to your thinking?

Brissie Kid

Bencher
You think maybe soon the code will get some balls and tell ASADA to rack off out.

http://blogs.crikey.com.au/northern/2013/04/14/waiting-for-decisions-%E2%80%93-asada-and-footygate/
Waiting for Decisions – ASADA and Footygate
BOB GOSFORD | APR 14, 2013 1:49PM
This is a guest post by Deakin University legal academic Martin Hardie.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
MWSE said:
I think what SER8 and many others are trying to say is wait until the investigation is complete before you jump to conclusions that there is "no evidence" and its nothing more than a "fishing exercise".

No one wants people to be guilty. But no one should be jumping the gun either. Keep an open mind.
Well I probably have said that but my main thrust is that WAMF and Hamster Huey are politically motivated.

For them 'the announcement' and 'the investigation' is just an excuse to attack Labor because they are desperate to see the conservatives back into power.

They are trivialising what is potentially a significant issue both for the health of our athletes and the integrity of our sport competitions.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Brissie Kid said:
You think maybe soon the code will get some balls and tell ASADA to rack off out.

http://blogs.crikey.com.au/northern/2013/04/14/waiting-for-decisions-%E2%80%93-asada-and-footygate/
Good read, thanks for the link.

Jatz Crackers

First Grader
manlyfan76 said:
Brissie Kid said:

Good read, thanks for the link.

I agree, it is, thanks for posting the link.

It seems to me that that article also raises the issue of appeal and how that relates to the prospect of a hearing de novo. Murkier by the day im afraid.

Rex

Bencher
The article is interesting in raising questions, but not answering them. Some questions are potentially quite concerning. Yet it highlights that even an academic with research can still only speculate on what is happening, not know.

If informed, researched opinion cannot answer these questions, I wonder why some here feel so well informed to dogmatically answer them in black and white terms?

Hamster Huey

Space Invader
SeaEagleRock8 said:
MWSE said:

Well I probably have said that but my main thrust is that WAMF and Hamster Huey are politically motivated.

For them 'the announcement' and 'the investigation' is just an excuse to attack Labor because they are desperate to see the conservatives back into power.

They are trivialising what is potentially a significant issue both for the health of our athletes and the integrity of our sport competitions.

Pathetic SER8 and I expected far better from you.

Yours and Rexs' assertion of my opinion being 'tainted' by a political bias is off the mark. Given the huge number of people stating the same, simple point as myself, would indicate that this concern is above the political divides.

You both appear to want to consign opinions like mine to a right-winger, nutjob bin simply because we obviously have trodden on your own sensitive political leanings. I couldn't give a rats what yours were initially, so rather than get dragged down by you to discuss the politics, I've concentrated on the fallout the process resulted in; a factor you are both keen to avoid.

So far both the well respected Inside Sport magazine editor and now the SMH (you know, the non-Daily Telegraph paper) have made negative comments about the manner in which the release was made, and the seemingly political motivations involved.

Or have they been listening to Buzz and Ray as well?

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
HH do you disagree that the "fallout" included an almost overnight reduction in Australian sportspersons using substances they know little or nothing about? That is a health issue that is more important than political pointscoring.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
NRL and MLB are mirroring each other with the Drugs In Sport but they do it a bit different over there!
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i-team/vinton-a-rod-juice-mlb-drug-policy-article-1.1316488

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16