Three players set to be targeted by ASADA over use of banned peptide CJC-1295

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Brissie Kid

Bencher
The media had great delight inferring ASADA were going after 30 NRL players. That interview doesn't infer guilt didn't bother them. Today we see that maybe 100 are to be interviewed in the AFL and its buried in just one story, with no inference 100 AFL players have doped.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/hird-then-players-to-face-asada-20130415-2hw5z.html

Former ASADA head Richard Ings warned on Monday that the Hird interview was only one of 100 likely to be held and that the process would go for months. All interviews need to be collated and cross-referenced.

MissKate

Bencher
Premium Member
Brissie Kid said:
The media had great delight inferring ASADA were going after 30 NRL players. That interview doesn't infer guilt didn't bother them. Today we see that maybe 100 are to be interviewed in the AFL and its buried in just one story, with no inference 100 AFL players have doped.

This just highlights one of the big differences between the sports reporters/journalists for afl/rugby etc vs nrl. Journalists for other codes always seem very protective of their code, always gives excuses etc for indiscretions, whereas nrl reporters just seem to delight in sticking the boot in and are far more interested in the negative angle. Sheer stupidity and lazy scandal rag journalism. Surely it is far better to talk up the sport you cover and one would like to believe support, than constantly trying to bring it to its knees.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
I find it interesting that all fans forums like Silvertails broncos hq the kennel Sharkies etc everyone thinks for example that rothfield and weilder hate their clubs. So how do they still have a job? Do we need to stop winging and start a campaign to get some actual reporters instead of these hacks who write self-motivated opinion peices that only seek to stroke their egos at the cost of the NRL across the board? We deserve better but due to our tribalism we have been divided and conquered and I'm over it.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
MissKate said:
Brissie Kid said:

This just highlights one of the big differences between the sports reporters/journalists for afl/rugby etc vs nrl. Journalists for other codes always seem very protective of their code, always gives excuses etc for indiscretions, whereas nrl reporters just seem to delight in sticking the boot in and are far more interested in the negative angle. Sheer stupidity and lazy scandal rag journalism. Surely it is far better to talk up the sport you cover and one would like to believe support, than constantly trying to bring it to its knees.

Hear, Hear !!!

Great post MissKate :)

Hamster Huey

Space Invader
SeaEagleRock8 said:
HH do you disagree that the "fallout" included an almost overnight reduction in Australian sportspersons using substances they know little or nothing about? That is a health issue that is more important than political pointscoring.

Do you believe that the day the investigation was revealed publically, made the point about player welfare? Is that what the talking heads of the day were stressing to the public, as the driver behind the release?

Funny, but I don't recall that outcome being highlighted until at least a couple of days later, once people started to question the point of highlighting an incomplete investigation.

The irony of this thread is that some here wish to talk about 'prejudice' in people and how they don't know they display it, only to then assume a posters position to the left or right, to then allow them to build a strawman argument in an attempt to discredit the opinions of those they don't agree with.

So far my opinion has been hitched to 'right wing' bias and gullibility, whether it is because I questioned why two current ministers used the language/tone that they did, or I happen to share similar opinions to media outlets perceived to be 'anti-Labor'.

But what about those 'respected' outlets that are also making the point? When the likes of Inside Sport and Fairfax are also making similar comments, why are you and Rex still insisting on taking the debate into the reeds of irrelevancy to frame a disparaging point about a person, and thus their point?

If neither of you can stick to discussing the opinions made, instead of trying to attack the person or what you perceive of their background views, then why bother coming back to this thread?

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Why don't you all just agree to disagree and move on.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It's about the investigation into drugs in sport. It is a big topic involving many issues, as the length of the thread suggests. There were several threads at first but for a few weeks now everything goes in this thread.

Jethro said:
Why don't you all just agree to disagree and move on.
I'll think about it ;)

voicefromthehill said:
If ever there was proof that adversarial debating is flawed, this thread is it.

Every form of debating is flawed when some participants use obfuscation (and we are all guilty at times).

Instead of a 250 word essay complaining about previous posts, let's just deal with one point at a time.

HH claimed "I've concentrated on the fallout the process resulted in; a factor you are both keen to avoid."

So I ask again: Do you disagree that the "fallout" included an almost overnight reduction in Australian sportspersons using substances they know little or nothing about?

It is a yes or no question. If you do answer it, I'll repay the favour and answer a point of yours.

Maybe we will make progress that way?

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
A little bird tells me next weeks Four Corners on ABC Monday night will shed a fair bit of light on the saga.

We might not like what we see but make sure to tune in.

bob dylan said:
A little bird tells me next weeks Four Corners on ABC Monday night will shed a fair bit of light on the saga.

A reliable source? Will it focus on the overall issue or Manly? Of course it will need to get through legal - they have stopped things going to air before.

4 corners - Australia's best investigative journalism, should be interesting

Rex

Bencher
Brissie Kid said:

More than three times bigger issue for the AFL (100 players) than for the NRL (30 players). Telegossip reaction:
a) NRL - continual major headlines
b) AFL - minor issue hidden away

Quiz (pick one or more):
a) Telegossip thinks NRL fans are gullible and reactive fools
b) Telegossip thinks AFL fans are savvy
c) NRL fans are gullible and reactive fools
d) AFL fans are savvy
e) all of the above

Sad facts are that there are no other options.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
bob dylan said:

Another government stunt if it is on the abc......

Rex said:
Brissie Kid said:

More than three times bigger issue for the AFL (100 players) than for the NRL (30 players). Telegossip reaction:
a) NRL - continual major headlines
b) AFL - minor issue hidden away

Quiz (pick one or more):
a) Telegossip thinks NRL fans are gullible and reactive fools
b) Telegossip thinks AFL fans are savvy
c) NRL fans are gullible and reactive fools
d) AFL fans are savvy
e) all of the above

Sadly your agenda blinds you

(f) AFL has a strong and proactive leadership

Rex - your sweeping generalisations are not only offensive, they show you to be an arrogant self righteous prick

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
Four corners has been highlighted by the Abc's own Media watch for flawed and one sided stories. I'll guess we'll hear elements of the issue not a completely objective report.

Brissie Kid

Bencher
If 4Cs is ripping into the process of the government agencies & WADA it will be worth watching. If it is their own version of the ASADA investigation it will be another trashing of RL.

I get the impression that ASADA are deliberately going slowly so that it gives time for media speculation and investigation to put on pressure and dig up material, substantiated or not.

Look at Hird. Being hammered by the media.

Rex said:
Brissie Kid said:

d) AFL fans are savvy

Savvy - yes thats the one

574121-ciara-034-maggie-034-smith.jpg

Brissie Kid

Bencher
So much for the supposed big bad imported guff that started this debacle.

ASADA shifts focus to over-the-counter products
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/asada-shifts-focus-to-overthecounter-products-20130417-2i0cy.html

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
Brissie Kid said:
So much for the supposed big bad imported guff that started this debacle.

ASADA shifts focus to over-the-counter products
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/asada-shifts-focus-to-overthecounter-products-20130417-2i0cy.html

So they said they went public because they feared a player may die, apparently it would seem from taking over the counter supplements. They said it was all about organised crime infiltrating sport, but the Gazelle works for a reputable Company and over the counter supplements are available at Coles & Woollies. They said it was about match fixing, but none of the Police forces are investigating anything as a result of the brief they received from ASADA & ACC.

I'm just going to ignore the currently known facts of this case and blindly accept that there is more than just fishing going on here. I'll wait to pass judgement on the investigation after they have charged the 40 or so players they talked about in the days after the "blackest day in Australian Sport." Oh, and that 40 will be just from the NRL.

I have the utmost faith in the public servants handling this matter.:p

Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
13 7 6 133 16
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16