Three players set to be targeted by ASADA over use of banned peptide CJC-1295

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Brissie Kid said:
Tooves on Fox Sports News. Asking how information is seemingly leaking from the authorities & wondering how media calls him 30 minutes after he gets ASADA interview notification.
It's pretty bad that for an organisation that is supposed to be of world standard looks so bad week in week out. If I were Tooves I'd be asking WADA how this has happened.

WAMF

Bencher
I hear that ASADA are now offering a suspension immunity to any player that comes forward with information about drug taking.

It started with a 6 month suspension, now it's no suspension. The next step I'm anticipating will be ASADA putting cash incentives on the table.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Really WAMF? I hear that the Sharks are struggling bigtime due to the drugs in sport investigation, to the point their season (if not the club's very survival), is in some jeopardy.

And the funny thing is we have the same news sources.

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
WAMF said:
I hear that ASADA are now offering a suspension immunity to any player that comes forward with information about drug taking.

It started with a 6 month suspension, now it's no suspension. The next step I'm anticipating will be ASADA putting cash incentives on the table.

It does seem to suggest that they've got nothin and are getting quite desperate.

queue the posters desperate for someone to be charged...........you know who you are.......

The Who

Journey Man
I read that Curtis Johnston, that North Sydney winger stood down because he joke-tweeted something about drugs, has been cleared. From the outset Johnston said he was just engaging in banter with a teammate.

ASADA took this as evidence!
Fair dinkum, Maxwell Smart is more professional than this mob.

Brissie Kid

Bencher
The Who said:
I read that Curtis Johnston, that North Sydney winger stood down because he joke-tweeted something about drugs, has been cleared. From the outset Johnston said he was just engaging in banter with a teammate.

ASADA took this as evidence!
Fair dinkum, Maxwell Smart is more professional than this mob.

Media too. Was a "NRL star" all over the media when story broke. Now barely any reporting a "NSW Cup nobody" has been acquitted.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Brissie Kid said:
Tooves on Fox Sports News. Asking how information is seemingly leaking from the authorities & wondering how media calls him 30 minutes after he gets ASADA interview notification.

Who knows, maybe News Ltd are up to the same tricks as they were in England with their illegal phone tapping
aug08_022.gif

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
WAMF said:

It's only a matter of time before they start offering drugs.

Hamster Huey

Space Invader
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Really WAMF? I hear that the Sharks are struggling bigtime due to the drugs in sport investigation, to the point their season (if not the club's very survival), is in some jeopardy.

And the funny thing is we have the same news sources.

Not sure it's the pressure of hiding something from the Sharks; more a case of trying to fit in all the legal obligations pre-interview and meeting their training requirements, which is causing the issues.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Do you take the readers of this forum to be simpletons? Do you seriously expect us to believe that the main reason the Sharks are struggling is because of all their legal appointments? They aren't very stressed by the actual drugs investigation itself (because as everyone 'knows' there is no evidence of anything) …

Personally I find that even more hilarious than WAMF's latest. I hope you 'Whamfsters' (sorry, couldn't resist) haven't painted yourselves into a corner. :D

MWSE

Bencher
I think what SER8 and many others are trying to say is wait until the investigation is complete before you jump to conclusions that there is "no evidence" and its nothing more than a "fishing exercise".

No one wants people to be guilty. But no one should be jumping the gun either. Keep an open mind.

MWSE

Bencher
Wow. Just watched part of the AFL Footy Show to get up to date on the James Hird situation. Sam Newman gave the journos an absolute pasting. Even his own networks journo. Made them look very nervous when it came to journalistic accountability. Wish we had someone in our game who would stand up and do that to all those Daily Telegraph gossip columnists.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Seen the AFL saga on 7.30 Report.

The guts of it is coaches were taking supplements from Dank using injections. The supplements were not prohibited nor are coaches barred from using them.

There is really no story other than a beat up from journos and ASADA trying to justify there existence.

the mauler said:
I wouldn't want to be James Hird at the moment... He's in deep s**t by the sounds of things

What for? He has done nor taken anything illegal or prohibited by neither the AFL or ASADA.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
The darkest day in Australian sport.
The opaquest day in Australian sport.
take your pick.

Brissie Kid

Bencher
This is really weird. It's like ASADA made a massive accusation and are now trying to go find evidence to prove they were correct. What sort of backward legal system is this? There is no legal obligation on the NRL to open doors to ASADA. WHEN WILL THE NRL RIP THE ASADA AGREEMENT UP & TELL THEM TO RACK OFF??????????????

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/league-confidential-country-origin-rally-around-friends-and-family-of-tommy-raudonikis-grandson-following-tragedy/story-e6frexnr-1226618593971

ASADA's move to formally interview Manly coach Geoff Toovey and trainer Don Singe reeks of desperation. Both have already told investigators what they knew about Steve Dank's time at Brookvale, over a teleconference last month. Expecting ASADA to apply plenty of pressure and tricky tactics on their coaches and players, Sea Eagles officials also want to add a criminal lawyer to complement advice they have received from Tim Unsworth SC.

MANLY players are thriving on pre-season critics who wrote off their squad as being too old and stale. And they're also convinced a lot of the criticism has come from former staff now working under Des Hasler at Belmore. After comprehensively disposing of the Bulldogs last week, we're told one player approached a Canterbury assistant coach who previously worked at Brookvale. The player wanted to express his gratitude for the free motivation and also asked the sentiments to be relayed to Hasler.

Clint

Tipping Member
I wanna know who the leak is? How is that Toovs gets a letter & within 1/2 an hour the media know about it?

WAMF

Bencher
SER8, There have been no charges laid against any player.
My corner's looking good.

So many leaks coming from ASADA that they need to employ a plumber pronto.

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
14 7 7 -50 16