Thomas Flegler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Not at 800k thanks.....oh and of course the Roosters are interested
Yeh this Roosters stuff is somewhere between a funny joke and making me sick....I mean they say "Hargreaves is retiring, so we got money now", and then buy like 4 players worth equal or more to fill the void.
I honestly don't get how ppl think the triangle fits into the circle with this stuff, but anyways - no Big suprise and will be ongoingwhile Uncle Nick runs the comp.

Good player Flegler , would be the missing link , I’d suggest we will go hard for him ( remember DCE has a new contract for 2024 and you can bet it’s not 1.3 million ).

Looks like the Dolphins are going hard for Bronco players which is a positive as it will weaken them considerably.

Assuming our centre ‘problem’ is solved in next season or 2 by say Garrick, Gordon and Schuster fire up at hooker and 5/8 then a hard nosed prop is our only spot that needs strengthening.

Flegler or Leniu fit the bill - hopefully we can jagg one of them for 2024

Yeh this Roosters stuff is somewhere between a funny joke and making me sick....I mean they say "Hargreaves is retiring, so we got money now", and then buy like 4 players worth equal or more to fill the void.
I honestly don't get how ppl think the triangle fits into the circle with this stuff, but anyways - no Big suprise and will be ongoingwhile Uncle Nick runs the comp.

Who have the Dolphins paid big money to ? I think they would have plenty of space ...

The fact that a couple of months ago we were reported to have made a big offer for Flegler indicates we've got cap space for a big name. It's not as though we've gone and signed anyone since.
If not Flegler then I'm sure we'll get someone decent.
Especially if Manly kicks on strongly this year, we'll suddenly look like an attractive option again. We are a club that wins premierships.

So ... who have they paid overs for ... ?
Who do you think I am, Buzz Rothfield? I'm not privy to player deals, but for every star they've failed to get they put in the biggest offer. 'Reportedly'. Guys like the Bromwich's, Kaufusi, the Hammer, the Panthers young half, all would have had interest from any number of places.
Anyway, I agree they've got plenty of space as they never got that superstar signing, which most other clubs have.

JWH was on around 800k so makes sense if it's like for like - but as you say they seem to sign another player or so with the "freed up " cash.

Who do you think I am, Buzz Rothfield? I'm not privy to player deals, but for every star they've failed to get they put in the biggest offer. 'Reportedly'. Guys like the Bromwich's, Kaufusi, the Hammer, the Panthers young half, all would have had interest from any number of places.
Anyway, I agree they've got plenty of space as they never got that superstar signing, which most other clubs have.
Not being the devil's advocate ,but a bunch of guys at the end of their career ,a reserve grade half and a potential star who wasnt performing last year. None of those blokes are generating top dollar.
Alas ,I too am no insider.Just my guess.

If we paid Taupau 800k several years ago, then we should be happy to pay the same for Flegler, who is a far superior player, and possibly the missing key ingredient in transforming our pack into an elite, title-contending one. Let's make it happen Anthony!
Disagree, when we signed Taupau he had a far higher standing in the game then Flegler.

I like Flegler and would like to sign him but 800k is overs, only the very best props like Tapine, JFH and Haas should be around that.

I'd look at Leinu, Tom Burgess or even Luke Thompson at 500-550ish

Disagree, when we signed Taupau he had a far higher standing in the game then Flegler.

I like Flegler and would like to sign him but 800k is overs, only the very best props like Tapine, JFH and Haas should be around that.

I'd look at Leinu, Tom Burgess or even Luke Thompson at 500-550ish
Mate the price of living has gone up …. Have you noticed the price of a chicken schnitty at the pub recently?

Just sayin’

Mate the price of living has gone up …. Have you noticed the price of a chicken schnitty at the pub recently?

Just sayin’
Ha just opinions, personally I think 800k is overs for Fleg.

That extra 150 you'd have to tip in comes out of somewhere and I'd hate to lose a Weekes or Fainu or Fifita because we overspent on a prop

JWH was on around 800k so makes sense if it's like for like - but as you say they seem to sign another player or so with the "freed up " cash.
This is where we need to keep our eye,s opens with our players. I wouldnt be surprised if they arent already sizing up some of our youngsters now. No team is off limits to uncle Nick

They must have overpaid somewhere as you have to spend the cap

Not necessarily ... they can wait and adjust some contracts before the dead line .... if they don't .. All that happens is the unused part of the cap goes back to the NRL ...

They still haven't signed a marque player or anyone near a million a year yet ... have they?

They must have overpaid somewhere as you have to spend the cap

Not true 95 per cent spend requirement under NRL rules

"As a result the club can front-load multiple player contracts into this year’s salary cap to meet the 95 per cent spend requirement under NRL rules, and still keep space free to make quality mid-year signings with the two remaining spots in their top 30 roster."

Last edited:
Not necessarily ... they can wait and adjust some contracts before the dead line .... if they don't .. All that happens is the unused part of the cap goes back to the NRL ...

They still haven't signed a marque player or anyone near a million a year yet ... have they?
They could not be that incompetent could they?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4