Thomas Flegler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dolphins same as Dogs pay "Massive" overs to any signings and not really sure what their salary cap looks like, almost a certainty for bottom 4 or spoon anyways, but I was referring to Roosters in that particular post.

Who have they signed on overs ... who is their highest paid player ?

Disagree, when we signed Taupau he had a far higher standing in the game then Flegler.

I like Flegler and would like to sign him but 800k is overs, only the very best props like Tapine, JFH and Haas should be around that.

I'd look at Leinu, Tom Burgess or even Luke Thompson at 500-550ish
Yes in fact Marty was quite the player when we signed him... probably after a few years of rubbish, I've seemed to have forgotten this.

Still think Flegler is great, and worth close to 800 regardless. Leniu would also be ideal, if not better. But wouldn't be too excited about Burgess, whilst impressive he's still going hard, we need a prop in their prime. Luke Thompson goes alright too

The problem Manly , and many of the others face, is that three clubs in particular have enormous financial backups due to either , their connections, or being one team one city.

Roosters ( just look at their board ) , money is the least of their issues , they can third party any amount. BUT only if the NRL approve say a $350k cap $500k third party deal. Think the Glen Stewart situation a decade ago , yes it stinks.

Broncos , ditto as with the Roosters , also backed by the mega wealthy “ Thoroughbreds “ , would have up to 5 million a year in addition to the cap.

Melbourne , after needing a lot of help to start off , and despite being a minnow to the AFL have a huge sponsorship base in Melbourne. I took a Broncos corporate group down once and attend a function and let me tell you they have the who’s who in Melbourne backing them.

So this really means if it comes down to purely $$$$ we aren’t a chance.

But , if it comes down to , I really like that coach , I’d like to win a Premiership , gee that would be a great place to live , then we are a chance.

It’s why the salary cap is a sham now , it’s almost meaningless.

The problem Manly , and many of the others face, is that three clubs in particular have enormous financial backups due to either , their connections, or being one team one city.

Roosters ( just look at their board ) , money is the least of their issues , they can third party any amount. BUT only if the NRL approve say a $350k cap $500k third party deal. Think the Glen Stewart situation a decade ago , yes it stinks.

Broncos , ditto as with the Roosters , also backed by the mega wealthy “ Thoroughbreds “ , would have up to 5 million a year in addition to the cap.

Melbourne , after needing a lot of help to start off , and despite being a minnow to the AFL have a huge sponsorship base in Melbourne. I took a Broncos corporate group down once and attend a function and let me tell you they have the who’s who in Melbourne backing them.

So this really means if it comes down to purely $$$$ we aren’t a chance.

But , if it comes down to , I really like that coach , I’d like to win a Premiership , gee that would be a great place to live , then we are a chance.

It’s why the salary cap is a sham now , it’s almost meaningless.
Mate, don't even bother thinking of it as a salary cap anymore.

If we sign him, it will be - "well done, Thomas Flegler"

If we don't, it will be - "get stuffed, Thomas Flogler"

Easy to go from hero to zero................ :)

This is the one that really sticks in my craw - the NRL being flexible on player value after being so inflexible about it with us in the Gift situation.

They allowed the Titans to get Hayne for about half of his market value around the same time from memory & have let umpteen players accept unders when going to the 3 clubs you mentioned.

This is the one that really sticks in my craw - the NRL being flexible on player value after being so inflexible about it with us in the Gift situation.

They allowed the Titans to get Hayne for about half of his market value around the same time from memory & have let umpteen players accept unders when going to the 3 clubs you mentioned.
Yep, I could live with Gifty not being allowed to sign for unders, not being allowed to medically retire Snake and Matai and the no fault stand down of Walker if the same rules were applied to other clubs in the same manner. There are several examples of other teams getting positive resolutions in the exact same circumstances.

Yes in fact Marty was quite the player when we signed him... probably after a few years of rubbish, I've seemed to have forgotten this.

Still think Flegler is great, and worth close to 800 regardless. Leniu would also be ideal, if not better. But wouldn't be too excited about Burgess, whilst impressive he's still going hard, we need a prop in their prime. Luke Thompson goes alright too
I would take Leniu over the others in a heartbeat

Yep, I could live with Gifty not being allowed to sign for unders, not being allowed to medically retire Snake and Matai and the no fault stand down of Walker if the same rules were applied to other clubs in the same manner. There are several examples of other teams getting positive resolutions in the exact same circumstances.
The gifty one sucked big time and hurt us for a fair while.
Its been tossed around a fair bit that manly didnt ever approach the NRL about matai and snake. It was manly being cash responsible And didn't want to pay twice

Really didn't help with Flegler and Farnworth. Broncos never used to lose who they wanted to keep and they wanted to keep both.

I have trashed the Dolphins but they are two good signings for next season and the added bonus the Broncos got weaker.

Really didn't help with Flegler and Farnworth. Broncos never used to lose who they wanted to keep and they wanted to keep both.

I have trashed the Dolphins but they are two good signings for next season and the added bonus the Broncos got weaker.
I reckon you’ll find it’s to do with the coaching.

Kevvie is popular with the “ old boys “ but I wonder if the current crop of players are warming to him as much as the old boys do.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4