Thomas Flegler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I believe the Siebold appointment was in place long before Des was tapped on the shoulder. With all the talk of ancillary appointments Siebold and Flanagan discussing their role as well as the supposedly not yet appointed Siebold being the one to notify current staff of their termination it's impossible to believe that all this has suddenly just happened over the past month or so. With regards to Siebolds ability to strengthen our chances, I can only see improvement in the side given that everyone in the team will be on notice to perform or make a move to Blacktown. Given the lack of character our team has shown, particularly throughout the 2022 season it has to be obvious to all and sundry that we had become a 2nd rate football team and changes desperately needed to be made, whether Siebold is the man to usher in a new chapter of success only time will tell but how could we continue on doing the same thing forever when the end result was always failure. We can't continue to point to our 4th place in 2021, had Turbo not played the most dominant role I've ever witnessed we wouldn't have been within a bulls roar of the top 4 and possibly not even in the 8, once the good sides worked out how to shut Tom down it was all over.I understand that injury played a role in our demise but the failure to drop poorly performing players and bring promising youth up, unless required by injury ensured that nothing was going to change. I understand that Des has a base of support on this forum and loyalty is fine but the results show that we weren't up to the standard required to challenge the top 4 sides. It's not wrong for a good number of us to want for more than repeated mediocrity. Regardless of whether or not we as fans like the recent overhaul of our coaching department, if we really are Manly fans all we can do is get behind the team and wish the new coach all the best for the upcoming season, I haven't been this excited for a new season for years.
Good point about Toms year, it was a season almost unseen before

324fda26ca50872844f0a25a76b1f5d7--generational-differences-media-psychology.jpg

I wonder what sort of history he has with Siebold, was he in camp Siebold or camp Walters? The team was divided at the time from what I hear, the fact that the club is making a bid suggests that he might want to play under Siebold
Seibold gave both him and Carrigan their NRL debuts. Seibold also dropped Flegler after a number of rounds, to work on his consistency. Seibold basically said at the time, he wasnt at first grade standard i.e dropped balls particularly, among other basic errors. Seibold brought him back, and Flegler hasnt looked back since. He does have some control issues with aggression, but I would argue that as a positive, and not a negative. He would be a great pickup.

Seibold gave both him and Carrigan their NRL debuts. Seibold also dropped Flegler after a number of rounds, to work on his consistency. Seibold basically said at the time, he wasnt at first grade standard i.e dropped balls particularly, among other basic errors. Seibold brought him back, and Flegler hasnt looked back since. He does have some control issues with aggression, but I would argue that as a positive, and not a negative. He would be a great pickup.
Two things I like about that:
1. A player willing to work on his game;
2. A coach willing to drop underperforming players.
Good signs for the future.

2023 is make or break time for Paseka, he's got potential, but we've been saying that for 3 seasons now....enough's enough.
I agree that 3 seasons is a fair amount of time to prove your worth however, when we have a soft spot for certain players and invest our hopes in them, we can imagine up certain allowances for not firing as planned. Injuries would be my excuse for Paseka but, I'm self aware that's just me being sentimental haha
Fair play, 2023 he needs to step up. He's still only 25 so, I hope it's with Manly that he discovers his potential and consistency 🤞

I agree that 3 seasons is a fair amount of time to prove your worth however, when we have a soft spot for certain players and invest our hopes in them, we can imagine up certain allowances for not firing as planned. Injuries would be my excuse for Paseka but, I'm self aware that's just me being sentimental haha
Fair play, 2023 he needs to step up. He's still only 25 so, I hope it's with Manly that he discovers his potential and consistency 🤞
The frustrating thing about Tent, is that he takes a few games to hit his peak and then in doing so gets injured again.

I

It’s the same as we are paying aloiai and 200 k less than taupau. With an upgraded salary cap it’s not shocking. If he reaches his potential it’s great value.
And we know we are getting value out of a Flegler deal 675k compared to cream puff hit up stuff Marty at 800k. Let's just get it done.

With regards to Siebolds ability to strengthen our chances, I can only see improvement in the side given that everyone in the team will be on notice to perform or make a move to Blacktown.
I have no doubt Penn would be expecting immediate improvement and would have told Seibold so, Hopefully the new Crew come in with a big stick and non performing players are dropped.

I believe the Siebold appointment was in place long before Des was tapped on the shoulder. With all the talk of ancillary appointments Siebold and Flanagan discussing their role as well as the supposedly not yet appointed Siebold being the one to notify current staff of their termination it's impossible to believe that all this has suddenly just happened over the past month or so. With regards to Siebolds ability to strengthen our chances, I can only see improvement in the side given that everyone in the team will be on notice to perform or make a move to Blacktown. Given the lack of character our team has shown, particularly throughout the 2022 season it has to be obvious to all and sundry that we had become a 2nd rate football team and changes desperately needed to be made, whether Siebold is the man to usher in a new chapter of success only time will tell but how could we continue on doing the same thing forever when the end result was always failure. We can't continue to point to our 4th place in 2021, had Turbo not played the most dominant role I've ever witnessed we wouldn't have been within a bulls roar of the top 4 and possibly not even in the 8, once the good sides worked out how to shut Tom down it was all over.I understand that injury played a role in our demise but the failure to drop poorly performing players and bring promising youth up, unless required by injury ensured that nothing was going to change. I understand that Des has a base of support on this forum and loyalty is fine but the results show that we weren't up to the standard required to challenge the top 4 sides. It's not wrong for a good number of us to want for more than repeated mediocrity. Regardless of whether or not we as fans like the recent overhaul of our coaching department, if we really are Manly fans all we can do is get behind the team and wish the new coach all the best for the upcoming season, I haven't been this excited for a new season for years.

3217077856_5f8c5008f0_w.jpg

:giggle:

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4