Thomas Flegler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This is a deep dive into my favourite enigma. I'm a big fan of his potential and have never given up hope that he could really fire one day. After reading your post it made me wonder if Paseka could work out as a big super-sub lock similar to the way Nelson Asofa-Solomona is used on occasion at Melbourne? Admittedly he's a contrast to the way Dylan Walker was used but, NAF proves that approach can work. Plus, we've all seen Paseka break away for a try with the defence a little tired. Imagine more of those longer range tries!?
Otherwise I hope he can still be a gun Prop...
I think his body shape and leg speed says yes, and he has more skills than he uses. My concern is posession and field position at manly

the storm have good plans, structures and management . There forwards early work is supported . Kick chase pressure rewards teams/ forwards in so many ways, and they play in good areas

manly often have a poor share of the ball early , especially against better sides And our props have large stints just defending or coming off our line. There is a stack of improvement to be made there , but more so in addressing the fact our props do it without the ball and are being judged against those with it

Paseka with momentum is a different beast as are all if our props TBH

maybe we need max krilich to get in crokers ear and make the 9 a rake again.Whats old is new and far out we need momentum turning moments .

walker straightened the attack and we will miss that , but it was a bit disruptive to balance. not sure our team has the attack in the starting 13, tom being the wildcard to handle a bland bench.

interesting with 3 new forwards arriving already and bullemour looking out of position at back row. Front row/ bench might be anything

i think our team will involve a whole lot of positional rejigging by mid season, well i live in hope anyway

I believe the Siebold appointment was in place long before Des was tapped on the shoulder. With all the talk of ancillary appointments Siebold and Flanagan discussing their role as well as the supposedly not yet appointed Siebold being the one to notify current staff of their termination it's impossible to believe that all this has suddenly just happened over the past month or so. With regards to Siebolds ability to strengthen our chances, I can only see improvement in the side given that everyone in the team will be on notice to perform or make a move to Blacktown. Given the lack of character our team has shown, particularly throughout the 2022 season it has to be obvious to all and sundry that we had become a 2nd rate football team and changes desperately needed to be made, whether Siebold is the man to usher in a new chapter of success only time will tell but how could we continue on doing the same thing forever when the end result was always failure. We can't continue to point to our 4th place in 2021, had Turbo not played the most dominant role I've ever witnessed we wouldn't have been within a bulls roar of the top 4 and possibly not even in the 8, once the good sides worked out how to shut Tom down it was all over.I understand that injury played a role in our demise but the failure to drop poorly performing players and bring promising youth up, unless required by injury ensured that nothing was going to change. I understand that Des has a base of support on this forum and loyalty is fine but the results show that we weren't up to the standard required to challenge the top 4 sides. It's not wrong for a good number of us to want for more than repeated mediocrity. Regardless of whether or not we as fans like the recent overhaul of our coaching department, if we really are Manly fans all we can do is get behind the team and wish the new coach all the best for the upcoming season, I haven't been this excited for a new season for years.
Hear hear

very ****ing good

If we miss him at least we've forced the Broncos to use up more of their cap to retain him. Throw big money at a few selected targets, we'll get one eventually.
If Flegler does happen, we need to keep our heads and don't get carried away like a Real Estate auction, have a set amount in mind and stick to it. Flegler isn't worth marquee money, but definitely worth the next level down.

If Flegler does happen, we need to keep our heads and don't get carried away like a Real Estate auction, have a set amount in mind and stick to it. Flegler isn't worth marquee money, but definitely worth the next level down.
Mate, I’ve bid at 10 property auctions and lost every time. And the highest bidder would have made decent money each time!!

"Ladies and gentlemen, someone whom I've always personally admired, perhaps more deeply, more strongly, more abjectly than ever before. A man... well, more than a man, a god, a great god, whose personality is so totally and utterly wonderful my feeble words of welcome sound wretchedly and pathetically inadequate. Someone whose boots I would gladly lick clean until holes wore through my tongue, a man who is so totally and utterly wonderful, that I would rather be sealed in a pit of my own filth than dare tread on the same field as him! Ladies and gentlemen... the incomparably superior human being, Thomas Flegler!"

Psst "He's not coming"

.....Well, he's not all he's cracked up to be......

I don't see him as game changer our pack needs tbh. It's good we are looking, but for that coin and length it's asking alot of bloke who gets suspended a bit along with injuries.

Just wonder how accurate Crusher [ Cleal"s ] suggestion that Liam Fulton is in the Cameron Murray mould is . Having Jake as a mainstay prop would take some of the onus of trying to find a hard nut of a prop to boost the pack . Plenty of attention for Josh Shu to show that he can be a competitive 6 but still have the inkling that he could do very well as a 13 , match fit and on his game . Just get the impression that the better sides have very lively 6 's to lift them , maybe Josh can make up in other ways . Weekes can eventually or maybe soon have a shot there but again , Jake to prop with some decent support withing the prop ranks now would take some of the pressure off looking outside for a formidable prop . Tuitavake looked really impressive in last season "s only trial , if he could keep that level of intensity up , would have a home grown product to revert to instead of sourcing one outside .

Mate, I’ve bid at 10 property auctions and lost every time. And the highest bidder would have made decent money each time!!
Well, in our case Ranga, going in as the highest bidder as all the ramifications of a Matt Lodge acquaiition, overvalued. The only upside to Flegler, is that he's more mobile than Lodge.

Liam Knight seemed to be going all right in the few games that i noticed him in last season . Obviously the club does not seem that interested in him in recent seasons and maybe some injury issues but probably still has something to offer . One of the better Manly junior props coming through that i have noticed and real shame that he did not go on with it with Manly

Just wonder how accurate Crusher [ Cleal"s ] suggestion that Liam Fulton is in the Cameron Murray mould is . Having Jake as a mainstay prop would take some of the onus of trying to find a hard nut of a prop to boost the pack . Plenty of attention for Josh Shu to show that he can be a competitive 6 but still have the inkling that he could do very well as a 13 , match fit and on his game . Just get the impression that the better sides have very lively 6 's to lift them , maybe Josh can make up in other ways . Weekes can eventually or maybe soon have a shot there but again , Jake to prop with some decent support withing the prop ranks now would take some of the pressure off looking outside for a formidable prop . Tuitavake looked really impressive in last season "s only trial , if he could keep that level of intensity up , would have a home grown product to revert to instead of sourcing one outside .
Zac Fulton....

Liam Knight seemed to be going all right in the few games that i noticed him in last season . Obviously the club does not seem that interested in him in recent seasons and maybe some injury issues but probably still has something to offer . One of the better Manly junior props coming through that i have noticed and real shame that he did not go on with it with Manly
To many head knocks m al, I remember Liam in the early years with us and his father coming on hear talking up his son saying how he really likes being at Manly. Then 2 weeks later he secretly signs up with the Roosters, catching everyone who supported Liam by surprise. Nah, he made his choice, not a hope in hell he's coming back to Manly.

To many head knocks m al, I remember Liam in the early years with us and his father coming on hear talking up his son saying how he really likes being at Manly. Then 2 weeks later he secretly signs up with the Roosters, catching everyone who supported Liam by surprise. Nah, he made his choice, not a hope in hell he's coming back to Manly.
Could be mistaken but just got the impression that he was playing some strong footy coming on from the bench last season in some of the limited times i saw him in action but could have been the odd head knock for him last season as well . Seemed to have it all in the early stages , Good agility and size and go forward , some off loading ability , defence not too bad , Obviously has managed some worthwhile footy elsewhere but not for any previously extended periods .

Had so much potential Al, but is now busted and unfortunately the best of him has come and gone....though a Manlly junior and would be an amazing story if he came into the Maroon and White and killed it !!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4