This is how bad the refereeing is

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Listening to the call on ABC Grandstand... they were at a loss to explain the calls and the way the game was controlled...

They had no idea what to do, and no confidence to make a call..

I watched this match.

The refs cheated, its that simple.

I have said it before and will say it again.

Its in everyone's best interests if Parramatta play finals footy, and not just for 1 week, at least 2 and 3 if possible.

That great new stadium, the model coach and the people from west must have a team.

See for yourselves in round 26.

Said it all along. As long as Greenberg and Beattie are in charge of the game and certain prominent officials and News Ltd influence decision making at the top, the game is going backwards. The League needs a good clean out before it becomes terminal and its up to the clubs to take a united stand.

I have a common play used by every team attacking in the opposition 22m, that shows how hypocritical this new obstruction rule is.
Almost every time a half - 5/8 drops a player under (basically drifts across field and brings a backrower or centre back inside), which is a common setup play before a shift....the player is OUTSIDE their shoulder, which when done at speed and near the defence line, the runner go's behind the passer and the defence is more obstructed than these other plays being pulled up, but the ball is caught OUTSIDE the shoulder who then crosses over behind the bloke who passed the ball, which is supposed to be a black and white decision....does the rule not apply to halfbacks, not that black and white ??

We have to stop blaming the refs themselves. The NRL has consistently tinkered with the rules and have even introduced a sub rule called the interpretation of the rule. This interpretation can be circumvented by the original rule but not in the same movement . Thats the consistency we at the NRL strive for.

The interpretation sub rule is there so the NRL can sprinkle its fairness regieme , when they believe there consistency is not in line with the desired outcome.

The interpretations , and indeed the interpreters, can be satisfied with either fairness or consistency on any given day. But for the good of the game we must never allow fairness and consistency , or the interpretaion of either, to Coexist

Greenberg is a control freak and intervenes on all levels but conveniently stays clear of the refs except when he needs the interpreterers to reinterprete one of the original interpretations in the name of fairness for one night only. But he steers clear of this mess almost like its set up to fail . There autonomy before being sacrificed ( ref bosses ) just seems too perfect. I wonder who next years sacrifice i mean appointment will be.

Rule confusion is so must easier to justify than incompetence or worse

It was not just the final pass that was a wrong ruling, the fact that the penalties were 9-1 (when I stopped watching this match) that the only conclusion I could draw was that the match was FIXED.
There was no way Doesn'tmatta played to the rules 900% more than the Worriers.
It was as biased a refereeing display as I have seen.
Let's wait to hear the NRL's spin on it.
If the journos don't follow this FIX up then we know they are complicit in the overall rorting of the sport.

Nothing new boys.

The Maloney pass in the 2013 GF vs Roosters was 8 metres forward and no official picked it up. That and a couple of other terrible ref calls cost us the GF.

Consistency is overated.

Which is probably why rorters coach, Robinson has said that the nrl should allow attacking plays and let the close ones go. They won a gf with it (and a bent shame hayne)

Annesley has demoted the four on-field officials from the Worriers V Doesn'tmatta match. He's virtually conceded that there were major errors made, almost all of which disadvantaged the Worriers.
However, no 'journalist' asked: How can a referee have such a lopsided penalty count (9-2) against a team?
If this match wasn't a FIX then I haven't seen one that was.

We have to stop blaming the refs themselves. The NRL has consistently tinkered with the rules and have even introduced a sub rule called the interpretation of the rule. This interpretation can be circumvented by the original rule but not in the same movement . Thats the consistency we at the NRL strive for.

The interpretation sub rule is there so the NRL can sprinkle its fairness regieme , when they believe there consistency is not in line with the desired outcome.

The interpretations , and indeed the interpreters, can be satisfied with either fairness or consistency on any given day. But for the good of the game we must never allow fairness and consistency , or the interpretaion of either, to Coexist

Greenberg is a control freak and intervenes on all levels but conveniently stays clear of the refs except when he needs the interpreterers to reinterprete one of the original interpretations in the name of fairness for one night only. But he steers clear of this mess almost like its set up to fail . There autonomy before being sacrificed ( ref bosses ) just seems too perfect. I wonder who next years sacrifice i mean appointment will be.

Rule confusion is so must easier to justify than incompetence or worse

This is in the notes of the ARL rule book ( that the NRL use )

Section 10 - Forward Pass

Direction of Pass 1. The direction of a pass is relative to the player making it and not to the actual path relative to the ground. A player running towards his opponents’ goal line may throw the ball towards a colleague who is behind him but because of the thrower’s own momentum the ball travels forward relative to the ground. This is not a forward pass as the thrower has not passed the ball forward in relation to himself. This is particularly noticeable when a running player makes a high, lobbed pass.

It was not just the final pass that was a wrong ruling, the fact that the penalties were 9-1 (when I stopped watching this match) that the only conclusion I could draw was that the match was FIXED.
There was no way Doesn'tmatta played to the rules 900% more than the Worriers.
It was as biased a refereeing display as I have seen.
Let's wait to hear the NRL's spin on it.
If the journos don't follow this FIX up then we know they are complicit in the overall rorting of the sport.

Yep,
eg -Warriors getting penalised for a two man strip when one player had dropped off but Parra didn't.
Gutho's voluntatry tackle, no-one laid a hand or finger on him - they were waiting for him to get up - yet the ref called held.

I have a common play used by every team attacking in the opposition 22m, that shows how hypocritical this new obstruction rule is.
Almost every time a half - 5/8 drops a player under (basically drifts across field and brings a backrower or centre back inside), which is a common setup play before a shift....the player is OUTSIDE their shoulder, which when done at speed and near the defence line, the runner go's behind the passer and the defence is more obstructed than these other plays being pulled up, but the ball is caught OUTSIDE the shoulder who then crosses over behind the bloke who passed the ball, which is supposed to be a black and white decision....does the rule not apply to halfbacks, not that black and white ??

Gus raised something similar the other night after we played Parra ( may have been Thommo's no try), if their black and white rule is deemed an obstruction in the act of scoring a try why isn't it an obstruction any other time?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4