[Resurrected] The Trent Vent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I just listened to the press conference with TB and Jake Turbo. I must say that TB was very impressive. He told it like it was, and praised Jake for his leadership. Jake looked and sounded shattered. But as TB said: I'd like to have 30 blokes with Jake's work ethic (or words to that effect).
It's quite telling, isn't it, that the one superstar player in our team last night, and the one with the most experience who should be leading by example, was not beside the coach.
Yep if you havnt seen the press conference check it out. Can not wait for Jake to be up there after a win, He was absolutely shattered.

@double hoops ..... you do know that Knight broke his ankle last night, right? Which is why he got so little time on the field and hasn't been named for this week.

But you are right about Green. We are cutting off our nose to spite our face on that one. It should be Mateo in first grade.

@double hoops ..... you do know that Knight broke his ankle last night, right? Which is why he got so little time on the field and hasn't been named for this week.

But you are right about Green. We are cutting off our nose to spite our face on that one. It should be Mateo in first grade.
watching the game was bad enough. I didn't want to hear, Titans score, Titans score as well. Shame picking Knight was the one positive. Even if he did look a little over awed. Same ankle he hurt crossing the road i suppose. I would have thought Dylan Kelly should be next cab off the rank if we refuse to pick Mateo no matter what.

You know maybe, just maybe, Mateo is doing what he has done at every other stop in his career and not putting in and basically flushing his talents down the ****ter

Green apparently played well in our NSW Cup win on Saturday.

I can't comment on Kelly because I haven't seen enough of him to form an opinion. But surely Mateo would add some much needed creativity to this side.

I just listened to the press conference with TB and Jake Turbo. I must say that TB was very impressive. He told it like it was, and praised Jake for his leadership. Jake looked and sounded shattered. But as TB said: I'd like to have 30 blokes with Jake's work ethic (or words to that effect).
It's quite telling, isn't it, that the one superstar player in our team last night, and the one with the most experience who should be leading by example, was not beside the coach.
I thought both spoke well. Gave me a glimmer of hope.

Barrett was always on a hiding to nothing
You can't rebuild a club with a rookie coach
That would be factual if it actually were a re-build. He had an established squad by his own admission. While I think his and Fulton's recruitment was dud, he added seasoned and experience internationals. He is a monumental failure

That would be factual if it actually were a re-build. He had an established squad by his own admission. While I think his and Fulton's recruitment was dud, he added seasoned and experience internationals. He is a monumental failure
Can't argue with that Barrett has been a failure to this point in his defence though the team has had its fair share of injuries
I think it's a rebuild as such :
What constitutes a rebuild though
We have totally new coaching staff
Added half dozen experienced first graders

Can't argue with that Barrett has been a failure to this point in his defence though the team has had its fair share of injuries
I think it's a rebuild as such :
What constitutes a rebuild though
We have totally new coaching staff
Added half dozen experienced first graders
Does that explain their capitulation against Penrith? Or that they could not put the Eels to the sword? Or their inability to beat a dysfunctional South Sydney team at home? While I think your objectivity is wise, in this case, it won't pass. Geoff Toovey was replaced in part as his side missed the finals. Barrett got the squad and coaching staff he wanted - period. He also signed high priced international players, who I said last year were dud. He has shown a lack of judgment and ability. As a first grade standard coach, he should have thought more broadly around his squads depth needs and continuity, before releasing a Gutherson, Hiku and now Tom Symonds. By the managements definition and and rather vague explanation to us as supporters around the Toovey decision, Barrett and his sub-standard staff must go at seasons end.

Last edited:
Does that explain their capitulation against Penrith? Or that they could not put the Eels to the sword? Or their inability to beat a dysfunctional South Sydney team at home? While I think your objectivity is wise, in this case, it won't pass. Geoff Toovey was replaced in part as his side missed the finals. Barrett got the squad and coaching staff he wanted - period. He also signed high priced international players, who I said last year were dud. He has shown a lack of judgment and ability. As a first grade standard coach, he should have thought more broadly around his squads depth needs and continuity, before releasing a Gutherson, Hiku and now Tom Symonds. By the managements definition and and rather vague explanation to us as supporters around the Toovey decision, Barrett and his sub-standard staff must go at seasons end.

Mate you know that's impossible, the " big 3 " just won't let that happen, the egg on their collective faces if they did would be something to behold but Twenty has nothing to be frightened of, yet!!

Mind you if there's some back room deal on to sign Ha$ler, it's " game on ".

I thought both spoke well. Gave me a glimmer of hope.
Barrett spoke as a defeated person. No fire. Toovey, who had to endure the managements incompetence in failing to sign the halves, fat disgusting zorba peters white anting, victim Foran's crying and Cherry-Evans self indulged nonsense, managed to get that under-strength team to with in a win of the finals. That is coaching.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4