The Take on Jake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jake has become Aiden Tolman - a journeyman. He's a great trier but has lost his zip.
Mind you, there is very little spark in our forwards. They are flat-footed, and instead of being the Bonanza we thought they were at the start of the season they have become the Ponderous-a.

Jake has become Aiden Tolman - a journeyman. He's a great trier but has lost his zip.
Mind you, there is very little spark in our forwards. They are flat-footed, and instead of being the Bonanza we thought they were at the start of the season they have become the Ponderous-a.
Jake ‘the Peg’ Trundlervic - the journeyman who stayed put?

This has been Jake's worst year by far. He needs to rediscover some of his attacking form.
He is looking tired and predictable. Needs a stint on the bench during the game. Does too much defence and now his perfect tackling style goes punished as he chops a player straight down and refs yell to get up immediately.

Yet Parra and Melbourne gang tackle and hold a player up for ages.

The 6 to go rule is a joke. Some of those calls early against us were Ludacris, nothing out of the ordinary

Jake just kills every 5th tackle option. Needs a spell at prop.
Afb
Levi
Jake
Guac
Sirro
Marty
Bench Paseka Boyle keppie Schuster(Croker is crap)
Starts poorly at hooker, than Jake takes a settler.

DCE gets bashed on here but his inside service is so poorly coached and players and dumb on the field. Crocker is another who has no clue.

Would be different with Walker, Faniu, Tom back. Throw in someone like Shuster at lock.

Just my take...
Des started this at the Dogs in 2012 and it worked a treat having a big forward as a 3rd halfback.
Then.....by 2013 teams were onto it and shut it down to the point the Dogs attack went Very clunky and predictable
Unfortunately its the same at Manly today and opposition teams must rub their hands with glee as it halts all momentum and its an easy stop that kills any potential shift, even with an obvious overlap.
I don't blame Jake as he is playing to instructions and looks somewhat robotic, where early career looked far more effective playing his own game.
Its 1 of many things that's frustrating to watch with Manly games week in, week out
Would Love to see our big forwards rumble forward with support at full tilt and win momentum for the halves then to dig in direct at pace and actually ask questions

Last edited:
All our forwards are now shot. Every one of them injured and Jake woefully down trying to carry the load. Time to just let it go, rest them all for a couple of weeks. Let Paseka Sipley, Keppie , Boyle, Hamole, Waddell carry the load for a couple of games. We're finished anyway might as well throw the youth to the wolves and let them learn the hard way.
1. Hoppa.
2. Miski
3. Funa
4. Suli
5. Harper
6. Schuster
7.Cust
8. Paseka
9. Levi
10. Sipley
11. Hamole
12. Boyle
13. Keppie

14. Metcalf
15. Saddler
16. T Rex
17. Titmuss

Forgetting Jake's entirely forgettable 5th tackle settlers, my biggest gripe is the constant restarts he gives away.

I was filthy about them last night, and I'm even more filthy on it this morning.

The ref does nothing but scream his name. Yet Jake literally ignores the ref, and gives them away time after time.

It Isn't "heart" or "enthusiasm", or whatever bull**** positive spin people want to put on it.

It's terrible discipline, a terrible example to the team, and continues to cost us big moments in matches, as well as costing us tries against.

Fix it, or drop him. Simple.

No-one should get away with this, no matter who they are.

I think that would do him the world of good.
60 minute game. Let AFB be in the 13 whilst he's off. Or sironen if he's fit.

Olakau'atu needs to play each game clearly. Thompson is getting past it, at least Guaca on the bench when he's back.

We do have a rough run with injuries but it just shows how poor our roster management is and how poor Des's team selection is.

60 minute game. Let AFB be in the 13 whilst he's off. Or sironen if he's fit.

Olakau'atu needs to play each game clearly. Thompson is getting past it, at least Guaca on the bench when he's back.

We do have a rough run with injuries but it just shows how poor our roster management is and how poor Des's team selection is.
Guaca is an upgrade on the form Thompson has been in this season, the coaching staff need to back him and put Thompson on the bench and Waddell out to pasture.

He is over played and tired and being used wrong..he should be starting prop with Addin and played for 60 min
Taupau and Paseka start on bench

Even the Kennel is laughing

I see I have been quoted in this post

Interesting view:

they are badly depleted ... they should be judging the team at full strength... and earlier this year they were a force.... and some think our supporters are unreasonable...

Really hate the 4 th tackle settlers in the 20. Trying to get a quick play the ball for the 5 th. But 95 percent of the time our 5th tackle kick is **** house. If we were constantly getting repeat sets from drop outs it would be all good.

Interesting view:

they are badly depleted ... they should be judging the team at full strength... and earlier this year they were a force.... and some think our supporters are unreasonable...
Very true.. but our points are still warranted

Change of position probably won "t be happening in the short term at least but must be some imperative to change his present lack luster attacking style and role . Don ;t think that he will ever let the side down with his defensive efforts and ability but the way he is being used with attacking options these days is basically school boy tactics . Really also should be able to have better control over his ruck discipline with his experience level now . Not too sure what was going wrong to ignore and not utilize often the obvious threat that Hamole and Suli could have posed on the left edge but that was one of the main frustrations for me and it should have been apparent to Jake [ and D C E for that matter Schuster [ or Siro ] may be more effective at 13 even now but unlikely again in the short term and Hamole should be in the starting side going forward . Jake should be in the pack somewhere but if he stays at 13 , just again has to be providing a more positive input .

He is over played and tired and being used wrong..he should be starting prop with Addin and played for 60 min
Taupau and Paseka start on bench
his ball playing game is one of his best parts, just out of form. It's Jake, he has been one of our best for years. Give him some time to get back to form and trust Des brings back his ball playing ability... it was great least year, and theres many other players playing much worse than Jake.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8