The Take on Jake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
His drop ball then 6 again infringement single handedly threw all our early momentum last night. It wasn’t the best pass from Levi but have to catch them. Never have I seen a team crumble so quickly.
It was a gutless performance. Those blaming Des for his poor post Covid plans are in dreamland.
Defence wins games, and that team is capable of great defence.
Something has collapsed within the playing group for sure. They were not turning up for each other, just going through the motions.
Jake just looks like he is doing his own thing. Plenty of effort, but poor attention to detail.
You only notice him now for his numerous errors.
Last year he was a freak, wrecking ball

Its not a 13 's job to handle the ball that many times in a match. If jake starts playing like a forward who will take up the slack, cust ?

He is a symptom of our lack of leadership with the ball. Essentially no one wants it. He doesnt have the long pass to link to outside men like a half does so we get stuck in the middle due a lack of speedy legs and passing frm jake

Poor bastard, he really is strandard.
When the attack sets up a move, dce often positions himself in the centres as 3rd receiver

Better seven gives us a better 13 as well
The guy is carrying the attack and defence and people say dce has a lot on his plate

Its not a 13 's job to handle the ball that many times in a match. If jake starts playing like a forward who will take up the slack, cust ?

He is a symptom of our lack of leadership with the ball. Essentially no one wants it. He doesnt have the long pass to link to outside men like a half does so we get stuck in the middle due a lack of speedy legs and passing frm jake

Poor bastard, he really is strandard.
When the attack sets up a move, dce often positions himself in the centres as 3rd receiver

Better seven gives us a better 13 as well
The guy is carrying the attack and defence and people say dce has a lot on his plate
That’s exactly what I see, he is in the wilderness looking for a plan of execution.
I wonder whether there is enough talk out there from DCE in play set up etc, because we just look a rabble

It was a gutless performance. Those blaming Des for his poor post Covid plans are in dreamland.
Defence wins games, and that team is capable of great defence.
Something has collapsed within the playing group for sure. They were not turning up for each other, just going through the motions.
Jake just looks like he is doing his own thing. Plenty of effort, but poor attention to detail.
You only notice him now for his numerous errors.
Last year he was a freak, wrecking ball
According to reports the playing group is split.....many pissed off that Hoppa is not getting a go & Olakau’atu dropped for Gosiewski & Waddell. Hoppa looks like he’ll go elsewhere & become a star, Olakau’atu to follow suit & probs ask for a release & Schuster more than likely to follow. To me that’s all to do with Des & his Preference to keep selecting his favourites Croker, Gosiewski, Elliott, Taufua, Levi, Garrick & Waddell to a lesser degree! I’m not the coach & I’m not privy to what goes on at training but no one is gonna tell me that the 3 youngsters are not ready or wouldn’t make a difference! With the season on the line Hasler drops Olakau’atu & has Gosiewski & Waddell ahead of him? What a crock that is for a start. Almost every other team has promoted guys the same age & most have been brilliant.....no wonder our boys wanna leave & I don’t blame them! Probs Storm by 100 next week!

Jake needs and deserves a rest.
It would be interested to see how the team perform without him.
This season is gone. DESpicable has nothing to lose than to test out our untried 11.
Worst case scenario we get beaten by 40 points......

According to reports the playing group is split.....many pissed off that Hoppa is not getting a go & Olakau’atu dropped for Gosiewski & Waddell. Hoppa looks like he’ll go elsewhere & become a star, Olakau’atu to follow suit & probs ask for a release & Schuster more than likely to follow. To me that’s all to do with Des & his Preference to keep selecting his favourites Croker, Gosiewski, Elliott, Taufua, Levi, Garrick & Waddell to a lesser degree! I’m not the coach & I’m not privy to what goes on at training but no one is gonna tell me that the 3 youngsters are not ready or wouldn’t make a difference! With the season on the line Hasler drops Olakau’atu & has Gosiewski & Waddell ahead of him? What a crock that is for a start. Almost every other team has promoted guys the same age & most have been brilliant.....no wonder our boys wanna leave & I don’t blame them! Probs Storm by 100 next week!
I’ll bite, what reports?

According to reports the playing group is split.....many pissed off that Hoppa not getting a go & Olakau’atu dropped for Gosiewski & Waddell. Hoppa looks like he’ll go elsewhere & become a star, Olakau’atu to follow suit & probs ask for a release & Schuster more than likely to follow. To me that’s all to do with Des & his Preference to keep selecting his favourites Croker, Gosiewski, Elliott, Taufua, Levi, Garrick & Waddell to a lesser degree! I’m not the coach & I’m not privy to what goes on at training but no one is gonna tell me that the 3 youngsters are not ready or wouldn’t make a difference! With the season on the line Hasler drops Olakau’atu & has Gosiewski & Waddell ahead of him? What a crock that is for a start. No wonder they all wanna leave & I don’t blame them!
You make sense on what we see from the outside.
Just not sure we are seeing the detail to make a qualified opinion.
Des is not that stupid mate.
He is a known fantastic man manager = FACT
You don’t grow good men buckling to their parents complaints, and whinging supporters etc
There is more to it. Maybe there are behavioural issues
Who knows, but there is a stink around all these Westie juniors we brought to the club.
Maybe they are all on the Hoppa ticket

The middle forward ball playing role isn’t suited to the pace of the game now. It’s too slow and allows the defence to move up on our outside guys. It often results in a predictable pass to a guy deep that gets wrapped up and we lose momentum.

it would be nice to see him play fast and hard and not have to worry about ball playing for a while. We look a whole lot better when we run in numbers hard at the line and try to get quick play the balls or offloads.

In defence he doesn’t have anyone pushing up with him. Levi is useless and the other props are a bit slow getting off their line. With no line speed he is trying to compensate by over wrestling and the refs are picking on him.

Feel sorry for him.

The six again is killing tacklers like Jake. May as well be playing touch footy. If you make a good dominant tackle you virtually have to get off the ball carrier before the tackle is completed.
The only way to slow the play is for the tackler to try and rip the ball off the attacking player whilst the support standby and then dive in once it looks like the turnover steal has failed.
I hate the steal the ball rule as much as the six again..

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8