The Take on Jake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I've been saying it for the last few years.. actually got shot down a few times last year for saying he's dead set Nathan hidmarsh 2.0

The bloke has had to spend the last 4 years doing the majority of our tackling, doing the 50 odd tackles each week, because the plodders around him just can't pull their own weight, that he's tackled himself into the ground...
He's tired..he's slow now.. he rarely bends the line anymore, he doesn't hit and stick anymore... He just looks like Hindy at the end of his career, spent.. because he's had to carry the load for so long by himself... Also add to that the rule changes have basically made his tackle style a liability, it's sad.. but the dude just isn't what he used to be
More like Aiden Tolman 2.0

A lot of chat around Jake and DCE's performances but one thing Id like to see change is the captaincy.

Jake to captain....as you can see from the footage he is the leader of this team. DCE is not a leader.

DCE also looks like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders so free up some of the responsibility off him.

I'd go further to and get Foran to organize as and tell Chez to just focus on your running game

I think the time has come to give Jake a chance at captain, we need someone with passion and respect.

Clearly the team is not responding to DCEs leadership and I would rather DCE focus on his own game.

I think that Jake is not being used to exploit his skill set, I would rather see him as a runner and get away an offload in space rather than the predictable 2nd man plays cause teams are all over that now and nothing is created by this play now.

What is really needed is for the team to find some resilience and deal with adversity as this team capitulates far too easily!

The team lacks any attack. The problem isn’t Jake, he is relied upon to do more than he should. Others in the team are not up to NRL standard, always out of position, fail to tackle. Problem falls on selection and Des

A lot of chat around Jake and DCE's performances but one thing Id like to see change is the captaincy.

Jake to captain....as you can see from the footage he is the leader of this team. DCE is not a leader.

DCE also looks like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders so free up some of the responsibility off him.

I'd go further to and get Foran to organize as and tell Chez to just focus on your running game
This is exactly what i've been thinking a while and agree with you.

Jake is the one in the huddles smashing the boys telling them to aim up, not Chez.

The chez bashing is definitely warranted as the first 4 rounds have been his worst 4 performances i've probably seen him play (bar maybe Dragons 2020 match).

However people saying he should have been gone for a while are overreacting - we struggled last year but he had a ripper year and created everything for the team. He clearly can play but I just think he isn't a natural leader and needs to be freed up a bit more.

Like u said Foz is probably a better organiser these days and has the experience. I've also thought Cherry-Evans is one of the best 'off the cuff' halves i've ever seen but yeah when it comes to cooper cronk-organising - not that great.

6 DCE
7 Foz
13 Jake (c)

When Tom is back i'd like him to be given VC too. It's now time to show the Trbo boys that this really is their club and they need to take control. Tom is an extremely smart footballer, a smart person (actually got a decent high school market - rare in rugby league), and his sheer brilliance means the rest of the team looks up to him.

Jake (c), Tom (vc).

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8