The sum of us: Rugby league hero Steve Mortimer proud of his son's gay union

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
All such public behavior does is back up the thoughts of many conservatives (such as myself in this area even though i lean left in politics) that we would prefer to live our lives and raise our children away from this environment, doesn't mean i don't accept and respect the rights of gay people i just don't relate to their values in most instances.

You don't need to be 3/4 naked and scantily clad making thrusting sexual dance moves to represent being gay, that is called inappropriate behavior and dress code in a public place.
For one night of the year early in March, this behaviour is deemed appropriate by the authorities of this state. The dance moves you refer to might also be seen at any nightclub in Sydney. Again if you dont like it you dont need to watch it!

For one night of the year early in March, this behaviour is deemed appropriate by the authorities of this state. The dance moves you refer to might also be seen at any nightclub in Sydney. Again if you dont like it you dont need to watch it!
Dance moves appropriate for a private setting such as a club, once again you want what is acceptable or "tolerated" behavior in a private setting to be out in public places.

Once again the onus is on me to not look instead of a more balanced less in your face behaviour where you can still hold the event while at the same time respecting all with a certain level of class.
I'm willing to accept the event and what it originally stands for while you could not give a stuff of the views of a large group of people who would like the behavior toned down---great way to represent being gay/lesbian.

TC voices an opinion-the PC throng gather to tell TC how wrong he is-TC articulates his beliefs and values-the throng are not accepting of this-TC holds his ground-just another day on ST....all we need now is some self righteous prick to come swinging in with his physco babble words of wisdom....oh wait, he has already contributed @:worried::rofl::think::clap: 9 pages of dribble

If it was parade of hetro guys and girls behaving the same way I bet you would not be so vocal about having the behaviour toned down. I wonder why that would be.
The biggest money earners in Rio and New Orleans are these over the top Mardi Gras Festivals. :)
Good old fashioned Christian party 40 days prior to Easter:party:

images (5).jpg

lol Ralphie. You mistake intolerance with exposure.

Here's the rest of your first paragraph, that you selectively quoted:
"I thoroughly dislike the term phobia. I don't like the lifestyles of many people such as drug addicts, alcoholics, etc etc but I don't have an unreasonable or unfounded fear of them."

A couple of points:

1. You self-identified as a homophobic that lsz was referring to.
After bob dylan (posting #2) suggested there was no substance in the SMH article, lsz replied (posting#3):
"Only if you think there is no issue with homophobia in today's world"
In your very first posting (posting #19), you quoted lsz and explained how you don't like your condition being called "phobia" by lsz. Funny thing is that lsz never mentioned you, but you made it very personal to you.

2. You have repeatedly related/equated the lifestyles of homosexuals with the lifestyles of drug addicts, and alcoholics. It started in the opening of your first paragraph in this thread. Do you have any basis for this claim? Any logic? Anything?

3. Once again you have avoided addressing the two questions I raised with yet another personal attack. Surprise, surprise. One trick pony Ralphie? Here they are once again:
I have asked you how two people quietly going about their business - loving each other - causes you or anyone else any harm. I have asked how that is any business of yours.
Do you know what Rex I have better things to do with my time than indulge in a slanging match when neither of us will ever agree.

My final word on this topic, I have made it clear that I have no problem with two people quietly going about their business, but you seem unable to accept that. I have stated clearly I have a problem with the overt BS that's going on here and such things as Mardi Gras and labeling people as having phobia's for disagreeing with you. As a father I absolutely have the right to judge what I will teach my kids and I am no more going to teach my son it's Ok to parade half naked down the street simulating sex acts (ala Mardi Gras) than I am likely to teach my daughter its Ok to participate in wet T-Shirt competitions. We ALL make judgements everyday and to deny that is to be utterly deluded.

I'll close with a quick story. I have a friend who is a psychologist with all the stereotypical left views on these matters. In the context of a discussion about the schools program in the media lately he recounted a story of an unnamed year 12 patient of 17 years old who had attempted suicide. He was an awkward kid, a little overweight and just a little socially inept. He had attempted numerous heterosexual relationships but had been rebuffed each time. After being assured it was Ok and normal to be gay he entered a gay relationship with all that entails. This messed him up to the point of suicide and my lefty friend wondered aloud whether he would be in this situation if the world wasn't making such a loud big deal out of it as it is now. He says similar stories are not at all uncommon.

I don't know what the right balance is but telling kids this stuff can have some pretty damaging side effects.

I'm done with this now and you have judged me anyway so I'll move on to footy.

Last edited:
Do you know what Rex I have better things to do with my time than indulge in a slanging match when neither of us will ever agree.

My final word on this topic, I have made it clear that I have no problem with two people quietly going about their business, but you seem unable to accept that. I have stated clearly I have a problem with the overt BS that's going on here and such things as Mardi Gras and labeling people as having phobia's for disagreeing with you. As a father I absolutely have the right to judge what I will teach my kids and I am no more going to teach my son it's Ok to parade half naked down the street simulating sex acts (ala Mardi Gras) than I am likely to teach my daughter its Ok to participate in wet T-Shirt competitions. We ALL make judgements everyday and to deny that is to be utterly deluded.

I'll close with a quick story. I have a friend who is a psychologist with all the stereotypical left views on these matters. In the context of a discussion about the schools program in the media lately he recounted a story of an unnamed year 12 patient of 17 years old who had attempted suicide. He was an awkward kid, a little overweight and just a little socially inept. He had attempted numerous heterosexual relationships but had been rebuffed each time. After being assured it was Ok and normal to be gay he entered a gay relationship with all that entails. This messed him up to the point of suicide and my lefty friend wondered allowed whether he would be in this situation if the world wasn't making such a loud big deal out of it as it is now. He says similar stories are not at all uncommon.

I don't know what the right balance is but telling kids this stuff can have some pretty damaging side effects.

I'm done with this now and you have judged me anyway so I'll move on to footy.
I just read what you said and I can say candidly as a young gay person who was bullied and persecuted at school, I would have loved to have had the support that this program now offers kids.

Unless you have ever suffered something like that you really have no idea what it feels like to be tormented for being who you are.

I appreciate that as a father , you have the right to tell your kids what you feel is right or wrong. If I were a parent, I would want to educate my kids and take away the fear and ignorance that fuels bullying and intolerance, that me and thousands of other people suffered due to their sexual orientation.

I learned life lessons at age 12, lessons that made me angry and bitter for years till I finally understood that I was comfortable for whom I was and I finally found people who accepted me.

I respect the views of people here who dont like the event or see it is over the top about it being in a public place, go to any NRL match and you will see cheer girls strutting their stuff and that is deemed appropriate and acceptable. Mardi Gras is here to stay not matter what you or I think about it.

You don't have to hate someone to disapprove of them . I was brought up as a Christian and my faith disapproves of homosexuality and adultery . My faith also disapproves of judging . Every one is free to give their opinion just like we all have . God only judges and one day we will all have to answer to him. I work with gay people and I have friends who have gay family members and we all know our moral values.
There are decent Rooster Rabbit and Dog supporters but that doesn't mean I approve of what team they support :)
I was born with a brain and it disapproves of your lifestyle choice (religion)

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10