The sum of us: Rugby league hero Steve Mortimer proud of his son's gay union

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Judging by the pictures you have posted to support your argument, you seem to know a lot about Mardi Gras. I wondered if you were one of Fred Nile's disciples doing a rain dance on the night of Mardi Gras or Corey Bernadi in disguise?

In relation to poor families being exposed to male buttocks, well I dont see the crowd turning away in shock or horror. Simple thing. If you do not want to see you are not forced to watch it.

There is nothing wrong with having faith and believing in a religion but when a religion preaches intolerance, ignorance and bigotry to a group of people that doesn't comply with its so called rules, it loses most fair minded people.
If you approve of this conduct in front of your kids then we obviously have different values and principles feathered friend . I hope you enjoy the view :)
imagesO7HRGFZR.jpg

[
4:53
I was there and saw Jack attack Ridgey in the air, right on half time :mad:

Jack sued for 100k Ian settled out of court for 10k, 8 years later. He didn't countersue Jack for homophobic slurs :cool:

Big Ian, stood up for himself and his mates. :clap: #NotHisGo
So now we condone bashings to stand up for our rights and our mates ??
Homosexual bashing is wrong but heterosexual bashing is right ??
A 110kg prop forward bashing a 80kg back is admirable ??

4:53
I was there and saw Jack attack Ridgey in the air, right on half time :mad:

Jack sued for 100k Ian settled out of court for 10k, 8 years later. He didn't countersue Jack for homophobic slurs :cool:

Big Ian, stood up for himself and his mates. :clap: #NotHisGo
Thanks for posting this Happily Manly, very informative

If you had taken the time to read my very first post you would have read the following.

"I leave them be to do their own thing as is their choice as an adult. I do however resent those who try and force "in your face" views because it suits their particular view of the world."

I have not avoided anything, I have made my views as clear as day. You seem to think I have a problem with what they do in the privacy of their own home and yet my first post made it crystal clear what I thought. As is always the case on topics such as this, if anyone has a different view to you then they and their views are not tolerated.
lol Ralphie. You mistake intolerance with exposure.

Here's the rest of your first paragraph, that you selectively quoted:
"I thoroughly dislike the term phobia. I don't like the lifestyles of many people such as drug addicts, alcoholics, etc etc but I don't have an unreasonable or unfounded fear of them."

A couple of points:

1. You self-identified as a homophobic that lsz was referring to.
After bob dylan (posting #2) suggested there was no substance in the SMH article, lsz replied (posting#3):
"Only if you think there is no issue with homophobia in today's world"
In your very first posting (posting #19), you quoted lsz and explained how you don't like your condition being called "phobia" by lsz. Funny thing is that lsz never mentioned you, but you made it very personal to you.

2. You have repeatedly related/equated the lifestyles of homosexuals with the lifestyles of drug addicts, and alcoholics. It started in the opening of your first paragraph in this thread. Do you have any basis for this claim? Any logic? Anything?

3. Once again you have avoided addressing the two questions I raised with yet another personal attack. Surprise, surprise. One trick pony Ralphie? Here they are once again:
I have asked you how two people quietly going about their business - loving each other - causes you or anyone else any harm. I have asked how that is any business of yours.

[

So now we condone bashings to stand up for our rights and our mates ??
Homosexual bashing is wrong but heterosexual bashing is right ??
A 110kg prop forward bashing a 80kg back is admirable ??

No but he was not bashed for being hetro. He was flogged for mouthing off and insulting someone. You do that sometimes the response is a good beating. Yes the actions might have been a bit extreme but thems the consequences when you insult someone. Definately made Jack look silly for insulting a 'poofter' who are meant to be girly only to be flogged by him. Hilarious if you ask me.

No but he was not bashed for being hetro. He was flogged for mouthing off and insulting someone. You do that sometimes the response is a good beating. Yes the actions might have been a bit extreme but thems the consequences when you insult someone. Definately made Jack look silly for insulting a 'poofter' who are meant to be girly only to be flogged by him. Hilarious if you ask me.
So you think we should all be allowed give some one half our size a good beating when they insult us ?

Who said I don't disapprove about what the corrupt hypocrites Priest do . There is corruption in the police force there is corruption at school with school teachers and corruption with Doctors 's and even in families where fathers molest their kids . Does this mean you and I molest our kids as well bones?
Where there is human nature there is corruption.
What we say reveals our priorities. What we don't say perhaps reveals more.

@BOZO Ian Roberts was protecting a mate being bashed by Jack.

Then he was pushed over his tolerance threshold and lost it when his sister was brought up by Jack in disgusting terms.:mad:

I applauded Ian then, and do not have a problem with his behaviour at all as he did not instigate either incident. :angel:

Everyone has a limit to being provoked @:cool:

So you think we should all be allowed give some one half our size a good beating when they insult us ?

For starters he was not half his size and i also feel each situation is different. I have no issue with it considering it was on a football field. Contact sport, known for biff, testorone flying around etc. You personally insult someone in that environment its a fair chance you will get violence back. Sometimes that's what people need to change their behaviour. Bet he didnt do it again.

Bashing by gays is not an issue. Gay bashing is an issue. That is, physical bashing and murder of gay men. Google it. Its been happening for decades.
The NRL Gayme on float was probably not a serious attempt to encourage gay players to come out (that would take a lot more than a float) but simply an attempt to publicly distance the game of rugby league from gay bashers. An exercise in consciousness raising.
What attitude underpins gay bashing, and finds its extreme expression in gay bashing? Hardly a trick question. The answer is, dislike of gays.

Good lord Rex, this all started because I laughed at @ricardo calling Thorpe a cockhead. As far as this forum is concerned, the things Foran and other players are called on a daily basis make that pale into insignificance.

Ps.. As a challenge, see if you can find one (1) derogartory comment I have made towards any manly player in any of my posts. I believe the harshest I have been is to say Brown is a good footballer but not an 80min 2nd rower, and I remember suggesting Green should learn the 2nd row caper in reggies first.
Did you think I meant I had judged - or discerned - or noticed - you as being derogatory about Manly players? Nope.

It is interesting that your allegiances in everything else would be overwhelmingly towards the Manly player over the opponent. Wouldn't matter the circumstances. This case is very, very different and is towards the hetero Balmain player over the gay Manly player. A higher allegiance than even the Manly colours. I didn't see that coming.

Together with your photo obsession, you are clearly highly activated by this issue Bozo. It is very important to you.

If you approve of this conduct in front of your kids then we obviously have different values and principles feathered friend . I hope you enjoy the view :)
View attachment 3460
Interesting that you chose to paste this image on more than one occasion suggests that know a lot about this. Also the parade is at night, so I assume most young kids would be in bed. It is obvious that on this topic one value we do not share is tolerance my feathered friend!!

Interesting that you chose to paste this image on more than one occasion suggests that know a lot about this. Also the parade is at night, so I assume most young kids would be in bed. It is obvious that on this topic one value we do not share is tolerance my feathered friend!!
Why should time matter in a public place.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8