The Shane Flanagan Influence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
But actively recruiting and speaking to Tino and his management about The Dragons as well.....seriously ?

We could do with a player like that, not Woods, who was let go by The Dragons for nothing after acquiring Fifita / Tuitavake (for nothing). It WILL come out he knew he had the job when these moves happened. Might not be soon, but it WILL come out - trust me, I KNOW.
Yeah I'm way past over it reading about his fuking moves for next year. I don't doubt that he's obviously trying to look after his future interests all the while our current interests take 2nd place.

Ryan

Journey Man
Yeah I'm way past over it reading about his fuking moves for next year. I don't doubt that he's obviously trying to look after his future interests all the while our current interests take 2nd place.
Makes me so frustrated thinking that people have bought that he didn't have to interview for the job, because as he said, they "knew what he offered" in the media.

Not true. And he's been speaking to agents, players, support staff for a long time. Fifita / Tuitavake (and Woods here) are his doing.

Also, Dragons are and have been speaking to the Fainu's, but this hasn't been made public for obvious reasons - but it's happening.

We are being completely white anted by this goose. I hope he realises Manly fans aren't gullible or stupid either.

Makes me so frustrated thinking that people have bought that he didn't have to interview for the job, because as he said, they "knew what he offered" in the media.

Not true. And he's been speaking to agents, players, support staff for a long time. Fifita / Tuitavake (and Woods here) are his doing.

Also, Dragons are and have been speaking to the Fainu's, but this hasn't been made public for obvious reasons - but it's happening.

We are being completely white anted by this goose. I hope he realises Manly fans aren't gullible or stupid either.
I think you are overreacting a tad Mick!

Just sayin’

Ryan

Journey Man
I think you are overreacting a tad Mick!

Just sayin’
Who? Haha

But yeah, I just can't apologies for wanting our senior staff to be 100% focused and committed to us.

The more this situation rots for, the more eroded we'll get both on and off the field.

I hope the Fainu's sign with anyone but The Dragons

But actively recruiting and speaking to Tino and his management about The Dragons as well.....seriously ?

We could do with a player like that, not Woods, who was let go by The Dragons for nothing after acquiring Fifita / Tuitavake (for nothing). It WILL come out he knew he had the job when these moves happened. Might not be soon, but it WILL come out - trust me, I KNOW.
Yeah nah! Don’t think so. Ryles was offered the position on or around the time that the swap was made, and then didn’t accept the appointment.

Just sayin’

Ryan

Journey Man
Yeah nah! Don’t think so. Ryles was offered the position on or around the time that the swap was made, and then didn’t accept the appointment.

Just sayin’

Which was a surprising turn of events for ALL parties, hence the negative comments from Flannagan at the time about the potential (and his lack of interest) of coaching them..you see how things change/d.

Ot you think Siebold didn't ACTUALLY ever interview for the job, provide a business plan, a succession plan of staff etc (which I know he did).

Thewestisbest

Reserve Grader

According to some, Woods is a smart acquisition. Surely Flanno would want to take him back to the Dragons.

Which was a surprising turn of events for ALL parties, hence the negative comments from Flannagan at the time about the potential (and his lack of interest) of coaching them..you see how things change/d.

Ot you think Siebold didn't ACTUALLY ever interview for the job, provide a business plan, a succession plan of staff etc (which I know he did).
Ryan … I don’t think Seibold ever interviewed for the job provided a business plan a succession plan of staff!

Just sayin’

Ryan

Journey Man
Ryan … I don’t think Seibold ever interviewed for the job provided a business plan a succession plan of staff!

Just sayin’
I think you're very wrong. You don't think Siebold interviewed for the job and put his ideas and plans forward? Hahaha.

Where can I find a gig or job like that ! Especially on the coin he's on.

Mate, are you taking the piss?

JenEagle

Bencher
I am also concerned with this Flanagan rubbish.

Mestrov has shown he is not scared of making the tough calls re the Fultons and also now taking on Tartak.

Maybe siebs has said to mestrov that he desperately needs him for the rest of the year and can’t replace him. That’s the only thing I can think of otherwise he would surely be gone.

I think you're very wrong. You don't think Siebold interviewed for the job and put his ideas and plans forward? Hahaha.

Where can I find a gig or job like that ! Especially on the coin he's on.

Mate, are you taking the piss?
No …. But I think you must be on the piss?

Just sayin’

NREagle

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I am also concerned with this Flanagan rubbish.

Mestrov has shown he is not scared of making the tough calls re the Fultons and also now taking on Tartak.

Maybe siebs has said to mestrov that he desperately needs him for the rest of the year and can’t replace him. That’s the only thing I can think of otherwise he would surely be gone.
Mestrov has been good so far. I think he'll make the right decision for the team.

My hope is Flanagan goes now. He's got so much going on outside Manly and it may be selfish thinking this but I want him to only focus on us!

Toovey, Snake, Holbrook - if not one of them, then surely there is someone out there that can do the job.

It's not like we are flying high on the ladder (we are high enough to avoid the spoon), so what has Manly really got to lose?

Ryan

Journey Man
No …. But I think you must be on the piss?

Just sayin’
I'm on the piss because I'm saying a first grade (or head) coach in ANY sport has to interview and put their ideas forward to any management for the roles they are going for?

Dear Godddddd. Come ON maaaaate.

I'm actually not sure if you're being serious tbh, and just trying fire me up. Hmmmm. Yeah, you got me dude ...hahahaha....well played.

I went for a job at NAB many years ago as a Business Banking Officer, and HR pressed the wrong button in their reply to my electronic application and I was notified that I was successful in my role as COO NAB on something like 2.5 million per year. It was literally seconds after I opened it I got a call from them, and they were stuttering , and tripping over their words the confirm their mistake. I played on it though, and told them I had already informed my family and friends , and that I'd started the ball rolling to move to Melbourne haha. I was 19 or something at the time.

I'm on the piss because I'm saying a first grade (or head) coach in ANY sport has to interview and put their ideas forward to any management for the roles they are going for?

Dear Godddddd. Come ON maaaaate.

I'm actually not sure if you're being serious tbh, and just trying fire me up. Hmmmm. Yeah, you got me dude ...hahahaha....well played.

I went for a job at NAB many years ago as a Business Banking Officer, and HR pressed the wrong button in their reply to my electronic application and I was notified that I was successful in my role as COO NAB on something like 2.5 million per year. It was literally seconds after I opened it I got a call from them, and they were stuttering , and tripping over their words the confirm their mistake. I played on it though, and told them I had already informed my family and friends , and that I'd started the ball rolling to move to Melbourne haha. I was 19 or something at the time.
Ryan! Reread your posts!

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member

Are you suggesting Seibold interviewed for the Dragons job? I'm legit confused as to what you mean.

Ryan

Journey Man
I'm not sure what the confusion is guys.

I'm saying Flanagan spoke to The Dragons way before people "believe" he did.

I'm saying he 100% would have put his strategies, suggestions, plans and structures on the table for them at that time (and they obviously liked what he said)..Whatever happened with Jason Ryles after that, no clue, but Flanagan is now their coach.

Regarding Siebold. What I'm saying is of COURSE he spoke to Mestrov (and very likely Penn) about HIS goals, structures, plans etc before getting the job.

That's how jobs work.

EDIT: As I said earlier, apparently not only is Flanagan after Tino....he's also after Fifita for The Dragons - possibly in a swap deal with Hunt. Funny how all this works.

I'm guessing that means he's not talking to their player managers about the club he's currently employed at then, is he?

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18