The Seven Have Agreed to Wear Pride Jersey Next Year (maybe?)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Please , can we dispatch this thread to the general forum.

Argue amongst yourselves there.

Or maybe just move on.

Please , can we dispatch this thread to the general forum.

Argue amongst yourselves there.

Or maybe just move on.
Or Mark.... if the issue is of no interest to you... don't read and pass to another topic. Many people obviously believe this is important on both sides of the perspective. Reading the posts might not be of interest to you or others ... similarly some of the childish non football garbage on here isn't my cup of tea.. when I realise what is going on I just bypass that topic and read something else.

Homophobia is the fear and/or dislike of gay people. Theres a huge difference between not promoting something to fearing/disliking something.
You are clearly an intelligent person so I don't get why you are peddling this 'promoting' line?

You know that putting rainbow stripes on a jersey and calling it Everyone in League has nothing to do with actively encouraging people to be gay. It is merely (in a clumsy and vague way) promoting the idea that even gays and the LBGTI community should not be shunned despised or excluded. They should simply be accepted, and welcome in league like everyone else.

So far among our diverse silvertails community only TC has admitted to homophobia, but its kind of obvious there are others. Maybe the others are just too woke to come out and admit it? @:D
And who knows, maybe TC has some sort of autism ability that makes it harder for him to read social cues?
But guess what, people with a disability are accepted and welcome in league. Gays are not. Which, as an obviously intelligent person, I'm sure you know full well.

So how about you - would you like to see gays accepted in league?

(And @Mark from Brisbane I reckon this issue will subside as a footy issue only if Manly beats Parramatta this week!)

Last edited:
You are clearly an intelligent person so I don't get why you are peddling this 'promoting' line?

You know that putting rainbow stripes on a jersey and calling it Everyone in League has nothing to do with actively encouraging people to be gay. It is merely (in a clumsy and vague way) promoting the idea that even gays and the LBGTI community should not be shunned despised or excluded. They should simply be accepted, and welcome in league like everyone else.

So far among our diverse silvertails community only TC has admitted to homophobia, but its kind of obvious there are others. Maybe the others are just too woke to come out and admit it? @:D
And who knows, maybe TC has some sort of autism ability that makes it harder for him to read social cues?
But guess what, people with a disability are accepted and welcome in league. Gays are not. Which, as an obviously intelligent person, I'm sure you know full well.

(And @Mark from Brisbane I reckon this issue will subside as a footy issue only if Manly beats Parramatta this week!)
Yes agree if we lose with the 7 in everyone will blame the 7 for not giving a **** anymore and demanding their instant dismissal!

Boy , no pressure on them this week is there ??

Or Mark.... if the issue is of no interest to you... don't read and pass to another topic. Many people obviously believe this is important on both sides of the perspective. Reading the posts might not be of interest to you or others ... similarly some of the childish non football garbage on here isn't my cup of tea.. when I realise what is going on I just bypass that topic and read something else.
I get your point , but currently apart from arguing just for arguing’s sake absolutely **** all new is coming out.

It’s just the gigantic pile on ( each other usually ) over different views, which in my opinion shouldn’t clog up a football forum

But , I get your point , yes I can scroll on and I probably will from here on.

@SeaEagleRock8 is right though, win big this weekend and it’ll all be about the finals race , lose big and it’ll be on like Donkey Kong once again!!

I get your point , but currently apart from arguing just for arguing’s sake absolutely **** all new is coming out.

It’s just the gigantic pile on ( each other usually ) over different views, which in my opinion shouldn’t clog up a football forum

@SeaEagleRock8 is right though, win big this weekend and it’ll all be about the finals race , lose big and it’ll be on like Donkey Kong once again!!
Be careful you may offend those who are passionate about donkey kong and will be offended by that reference

lol

Donkey Kong 90S GIF

but seriously I agree we lose with those 7 players in this forum will once again be an ugly pile on.

Be careful you may offend those who are passionate about donkey kong and will be offended by that reference

lol

Donkey Kong 90S GIF

but seriously I agree we lose with those 7 players in this forum will once again be an ugly pile on.

You can’t make people agree with each other and that’s the beauty of a forum but gee it’s dissapointing to see the pile on that’s occurred over differing views.

I guess at my age I’m just more mellow than I used to be , I find myself far less argumentative these days.

But yes if we lose it’s going to get really really ugly and to be honest I can see why there’s many of the members that were here when I first joined that are no longer with us.

I convinced a mate to join on here , he did , never said anything but left after a few weeks after messaging me saying “ that place is just a bloodbath “.

I could never be a mod on here , I’d delete half the crap that’s typed up.

I run our caravan brand Facebook page , and have a zero tolerance for people bagging other people , occasionally I get called “ Stalin or Hitler “ but I must say 99% just want to talk about their experiences, ask questions or share photos so if I piss 1% off , bad luck !!

Que additional headlines here...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220801-121800_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220801-121800_Samsung Internet.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 64
I guess at my age I’m just more mellow than I used to be , I find myself far less argumentative these days.
Who on earth wants to argue, well maybe some, but not I.
However there is a point in having a discourse. In fact sharing our various existing ideas and attitudes is the only way in which new ideas and attitudes are developed.
And overall (with some obvious exceptions)(yes @highlandeagle ) I think the discussions have mostly been quite honest and therefore potentially useful.

So far anyway!

Who on earth wants to argue, well maybe some, but not I.
However there is a point in having a discourse. In fact sharing our various existing ideas and attitudes is the only way in which new ideas and attitudes are developed.
And overall (with some obvious exceptions)(yes @highlandeagle ) I think the discussions have mostly been quite honest and therefore potentially useful.

So far anyway!
Differing opinions are 100% ok

Attacking other members because they don’t agree with you isn’t !!

Que additional headlines here...
That article doesn't add much to what we already know/don't know and none of the alleged "angry texts" are "revealed" (basically just says, "There were angry texts!") But it does quote Booze Rothfield, who says the club brought in a professional mediator "to try and get a sympathetic understanding from both sides".

Not a great sign of harmony in the playing group if you need to bring in a professional mediator to facilitate an old-fashioned rugby league "honesty session". The chances of this team playing finals footy get slimmer by the second. At this stage it really will take some sort of divine intervention…

So so true - respect your views totally. This to me is one of the biggest issues in Sea Eagle history and sadly it wont go away for a long long time.

SER8, Appreciate the compliment.

I absolutely want to see the LGBQTIA+ community accepted in league and agree with you that traditionally the sport has at least had the perception of a masculine/hetero only sport. Ian Roberts was a pioneer in progressive culture in sport and should be lauded as a hero. That's why I suggested on no less than 4 occassions on this forum in various threads that the club should have held a "Pride Day" event to promote the cause. The 7-10 players who felt it was outside of their belief system wouldnt have to participate in that, but you would still get 20+ players, Manly greats, media and generally some great coverage for a positive event in driving inclusivity.

That said, I think I've said enough on the topic now, I suspect I am probably one of the most outspoken on it. I hope everyone has a great week and we get the win over the Eels on Friday.

Donkey Kong was originally based on Bluto (from Popeye fame). edit: It was actually a bluto/brutus character, not a gorilla.

It was supposed to be Bluto (DK) Olive oil (Princess Peach) and Popeye (Mario)

But disney(?) didn't give them the rights.

YOU'RE WELCOME EVERYONE

lulz

Donkey Kong was originally based on Bluto (from Popeye fame).

It was supposed to be Bluto (DK) Olive oil (Princess Peach) and Popeye (Mario)

But disney(?) didn't give them the rights.

YOU'RE WELCOME EVERYONE

lulz

I know you deliberately forced me to google Bluto instead of Brutus ... smartarrrrrrrrrr

I know you deliberately forced me to google Bluto instead of Brutus ... smartarrrrrrrrrr

The studio that owned 'king kong' tried to sue the creators of donkey kong due to it being very similar.

But they lost the court case. I can't remember the details but it was kinda funny:

In a different and previous court case the king kong lawyers successfully argued that kong was a creature for everyone...it was just a big gorilla, therefore didn't infringe on any copyrights.

So the judge told them that they can't have it both ways. You can't say 'kong' is for everyone, then try and sue the DK creators for using a 'big gorilla'.

ok..that's enough from me I think.

That article doesn't add much to what we already know/don't know and none of the alleged "angry texts" are "revealed" (basically just says, "There were angry texts!") But it does quote Booze Rothfield, who says the club brought in a professional mediator "to try and get a sympathetic understanding from both sides".

Not a great sign of harmony in the playing group if you need to bring in a professional mediator to facilitate an old-fashioned rugby league "honesty session". The chances of this team playing finals footy get slimmer by the second. At this stage it really will take some sort of divine intervention…
Cliffy Lyons is getting involved then? 🎉🌈

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8