The Seven Have Agreed to Wear Pride Jersey Next Year (maybe?)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Oh myyyy... imagine if the Boycott 10 were asked to wear anything like this.... you would hear the tantrums and outrage for months lol lol

1659404843889.png

You are clearly an intelligent person so I don't get why you are peddling this 'promoting' line?

You know that putting rainbow stripes on a jersey and calling it Everyone in League has nothing to do with actively encouraging people to be gay.
Sports brands pay tennis players and such small fortunes to wear their logos.
No doubt their research shows such promotion to be persuasive and result in higher sales to justify the outlay.

Now I'm not suggesting that my viewing a rainbow will turn me LGBTI or some other concoction of the alphabet, but it is promotion nonetheless and may well influence someone impressionable and who is questioning their sexuality

Yes mate - they do - absolutely! They certainly don't turn their backs on their team mates over a colour on a jersey! Goodness gracious what will happen if we have a pink ribbon round and all teams have to wear pink?
Pink is just a colour, the rainbow is a symbol the lgbtq community use.

You do realise most of the panthers team are of the same religion of our seven. And their away strip is pink. If the colour pink symbolised what the rainbow does, Penrith would struggle to field a team every other week.

Oh myyyy... imagine if the Boycott 10 were asked to wear anything like this.... you would hear the tantrums and outrage for months lol lol

View attachment 21835
Imagine if seven Polynesian players were told to wear something that’s not to their their beliefs and culture. You would hear the tantrums and outrage for months. Oh wait…

now imagine if said seven were asked about their views months ahead and educated on said promotion..

Maybe they would have :)

Wow - I think the majority are saying the exact same things as the unnamed player. The point about young men - especially in Rugby League circles living a pure life and not breaking any of their religious convictions is just about folly. No way would 10 of them ALL be living a pure life according to their religion. I also wonder which of the Boycott 10 raised concerns about the jersey and ground sponsors? All very valid points and as James Graham said... to want to die in the ditch over this one issue is a joke - a total hypocrisy. Anyone who can't see that plain as day simply is kidding themselves.

Wow - I think the majority are saying the exact same things as the unnamed player. The point about young men - especially in Rugby League circles living a pure life and not breaking any of their religious convictions is just about folly. No way would 10 of them ALL be living a pure life according to their religion. I also wonder which of the Boycott 10 raised concerns about the jersey and ground sponsors? All very valid points and as James Graham said... to want to die in the ditch over this one issue is a joke - a total hypocrisy. Anyone who can't see that plain as day simply is kidding themselves.

Apparently any players or fans who aren't in awe of the bravery and principle of the magnificent seven are supposed to go to North Korea.

No doubt there would still be some pissed-off players in the "Rainbow 17", but you can't take anything written by "The Mole" as gospel. Those quotes read like generic talking points and it's likely they're simply made up. It really is that easy to "quote" an "unnamed player" or source.

I hope the players can forgive each other and play like a team, but we won't really know until the end of the season. Either they'll come together or… they won't.

There's an article in the SMH today that quotes Kieran Foran and offers a little more hope:

‘They’ll be welcomed back’: Foran opens up on Manly peace summit​

By Christian Nicolussi

Kieran Foran has insisted the seven Manly players who stood themselves down for last week’s match against the Roosters rather than wear the club’s rainbow jersey will be warmly received by their teammates and fans this weekend.

Foran on Tuesday became the first Sea Eagle to speak about the weekend peace talks between the players. The veteran five-eighth admitted tensions were running high after Josh Aloiai, Jason Saab, Christian Tuipulotu, Josh Schuster, Haumole Olakau’atu, Tolu Koula and Toafofoa Sipley objected to the jersey on religious and cultural grounds.

Their refusal to play in the crucial game against the Roosters sparked a nationwide debate over inclusivity and rugby league’s attitude towards the LGBTQ community.

Manly lost to the Sydney Roosters 20-10 with a host of debutants and inexperienced players in their line-up, and Foran told the Herald the players needed to bury their differences quickly if they were to salvage their season.

After lock forward Jake Trbojevic met with Aloiai on Sunday, a large group of players came together later in the day at the club’s Brookvale HQ to clear the air.

“Last week felt so rushed, there were so many things said, so Sunday was a good opportunity to park those differences and move forward,” Foran said.

“It was natural for both sides to feel frustrated. That was the reality of it That was also why it was really important we had that meeting on Sunday. It was about being able to respect and get an understanding of one another’s position and how we all felt inside.

“It was great to speak and start the week fresh. When you can respect each other’s position, it’s actually quite easy to put your differences aside and come together. At the end of the day we’re footy players, so let’s get on and play footy. That’s as simple as it gets.”

The seven players were told to stay at home last Thursday for fear they would be subjected to abuse by their own fans at 4 Pines Park.

But Foran tipped those same supporters to show only love for the returning players when Manly’s season goes on the line against Parramatta on Friday night.

“Those seven will be welcomed back, 100 per cent,” Foran said. “Everyone has a role to play in this team. None of us are bigger than the club. They missed last week because of their beliefs, that’s fine, but they will all come back and things will revert to normal.

“My gut feel is they will be fine with the crowd. They’ve stuck to their beliefs, and it’s not our place - or anyone’s place - to judge them on that.

“They’ve all done a great job when they’ve put on the Manly jersey, and that will continue until the end of the year. They’ll all put their best foot forward.

“This is a huge game for the club in terms of the context of our season, but also a huge game for us as a group. There are a couple of big motivating factors right there to try and win.”

“We need to get on with things and fight for the bigger cause, which is trying to go deep into the premiership.”

While Aloiai is still recovering from a knee injury, the remaining six boycotters were named in the Manly squad on Tuesday afternoon.

The Sea Eagles should have beaten Parramatta earlier this year when they lost Tom Trbojevic to a shoulder injury, then were harshly penalised for a late hit by Tuipulotu on Hayze Perham, which fired up coach Des Hasler afterwards in the press conference.

Again, why we're willing to lose a player and leader like Foran is beyond me.

No doubt there would still be some pissed-off players in the "Rainbow 17", but you can't take anything written by "The Mole" as gospel. Those quotes read like generic talking points and it's likely they're simply made up. It really is that easy to "quote" an "unnamed player" or source.

I hope the players can forgive each other and play like a team, but we won't really know until the end of the season. Either they'll come together or… they won't.

There's an article in the SMH today that quotes Kieran Foran and offers a little more hope:

‘They’ll be welcomed back’: Foran opens up on Manly peace summit​

By Christian Nicolussi

Kieran Foran has insisted the seven Manly players who stood themselves down for last week’s match against the Roosters rather than wear the club’s rainbow jersey will be warmly received by their teammates and fans this weekend.

Foran on Tuesday became the first Sea Eagle to speak about the weekend peace talks between the players. The veteran five-eighth admitted tensions were running high after Josh Aloiai, Jason Saab, Christian Tuipulotu, Josh Schuster, Haumole Olakau’atu, Tolu Koula and Toafofoa Sipley objected to the jersey on religious and cultural grounds.

Their refusal to play in the crucial game against the Roosters sparked a nationwide debate over inclusivity and rugby league’s attitude towards the LGBTQ community.

Manly lost to the Sydney Roosters 20-10 with a host of debutants and inexperienced players in their line-up, and Foran told the Herald the players needed to bury their differences quickly if they were to salvage their season.

After lock forward Jake Trbojevic met with Aloiai on Sunday, a large group of players came together later in the day at the club’s Brookvale HQ to clear the air.

“Last week felt so rushed, there were so many things said, so Sunday was a good opportunity to park those differences and move forward,” Foran said.

“It was natural for both sides to feel frustrated. That was the reality of it That was also why it was really important we had that meeting on Sunday. It was about being able to respect and get an understanding of one another’s position and how we all felt inside.

“It was great to speak and start the week fresh. When you can respect each other’s position, it’s actually quite easy to put your differences aside and come together. At the end of the day we’re footy players, so let’s get on and play footy. That’s as simple as it gets.”

The seven players were told to stay at home last Thursday for fear they would be subjected to abuse by their own fans at 4 Pines Park.

But Foran tipped those same supporters to show only love for the returning players when Manly’s season goes on the line against Parramatta on Friday night.

“Those seven will be welcomed back, 100 per cent,” Foran said. “Everyone has a role to play in this team. None of us are bigger than the club. They missed last week because of their beliefs, that’s fine, but they will all come back and things will revert to normal.

“My gut feel is they will be fine with the crowd. They’ve stuck to their beliefs, and it’s not our place - or anyone’s place - to judge them on that.

“They’ve all done a great job when they’ve put on the Manly jersey, and that will continue until the end of the year. They’ll all put their best foot forward.

“This is a huge game for the club in terms of the context of our season, but also a huge game for us as a group. There are a couple of big motivating factors right there to try and win.”

“We need to get on with things and fight for the bigger cause, which is trying to go deep into the premiership.”

While Aloiai is still recovering from a knee injury, the remaining six boycotters were named in the Manly squad on Tuesday afternoon.

The Sea Eagles should have beaten Parramatta earlier this year when they lost Tom Trbojevic to a shoulder injury, then were harshly penalised for a late hit by Tuipulotu on Hayze Perham, which fired up coach Des Hasler afterwards in the press conference.

Again, why we're willing to lose a player and leader like Foran is beyond me.
I’d rather take the word of a legend in Foran than an anonymous player who is too much of a bitch that they have to gossip to the mole and not have their name thrown around. But that is of course if there even is such a player, for all we know it wouldn’t be the first time the mole has made up a story to sell some hype…

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10