The Seven Have Agreed to Wear Pride Jersey Next Year (maybe?)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The 7 bore me.

They can have their views and I can have mine. I don't like their beliefs and I really think what they did sucked old mate @Woodsie ballsack pretty hard.

Not they would give a *, but my opinion of what they did in a supposedly team sport was that it was low weasel behaviour. Just pathetic. I'd be happy to not see them in a Sea Eagles jersey again not because of their views but because they couldn't give a * about the club or the team.
I support the 7! The other 10 should just repent!

Just sayin’

I couldn't care less if you have a personal go at me. Ritchie's article was published in The Daily Telegraph and posted on Facebook by The Daily Telegraph. Apparently it was the first they saw of it and the rest is history. I think you are disingenous if you are now trying to say it wasn't presented as a gay pride jersey 6 days later.
You presented SO much ambiguity & wriggle room around the players' religious beliefs yet you're SO SURE it was a gay pride jersey because of an article in the Daily Telegraph 😂

Talk about picking & choosing what to believe in!

My final say. You don't have to read it, obviously.

I'm not at all comfortable with seven players deciding they would let the team and the fans down based on a principle for which they had a massive out.

The Club (not the media, social or otherwise) labeled it an 'Everyone in League' jersey. Those words are on the collar. They could have easily put that case to their churches, managers, whatever. They chose to believe it was about homosexuality and only homosexuality and they were not about to take the field in that jersey no matter what they were told or could see with their eyes. This is deeply homophobic. Deeply.
There was no space in their beliefs to consider any kind of inclusivity involving the gay community. They did not think to themselves that there might be a kid in their community/church/fan base who might be further ostracised due to their refusal to say homosexuals are allowed to exist.

Even if the Club had stated that it was a pride jersey (see above, they didn't), no one would have been asking them to put their dicks up each others bottoms, not just because their own heads were already too far up there, but because it was a statement of inclusion rather than an instruction to change their lives.

I'm also disappointed in the savagery of much of the commentary on here. Many just wanted to call other posters names or went full Fox News/2GB without any reasoned argument or attempted understanding. At least I got to block a few dribblers (see, I can use their terms as well!). Three strikes and they were out.

I'm all for people's right to believe what they want, go to any place of worship, and do whatever they want as long as it causes no harm. I believe this would have caused harm to some. Not me. Been through the battle, came out the other side.

I believe the Club got it 100% wrong. They should have spoken to the players, the RLPA, the NRL, and gotten a whole bunch of educational programs going, including a chat with Ian Roberts, and gotten to the point where everyone was happy to proceed together.

Others have suggested that this approach could never have worked with these religious fundamentalists but every attitude moves eventually. The racists and sexists now have to whisper their bile to each other behind closed doors.

I adore the jersey. Lovely design. I will support Manly until the day I die but I will not cheer for the seven. Sure, in my home I might yell "run, dickhead" and at the ground "run!!!", but I will never cheer them individually again. They hurt our club by withdrawing their services and they made impressionable young gays feel bad about themselves. Unforgivable.

I'm not at all comfortable with seven players deciding they would let the team and the fans down based on a principle for which they had a massive out.

The Club (not the media, social or otherwise) labeled it an 'Everyone in League' jersey. Those words are on the collar. They could have easily put that case to their churches, managers, whatever. They chose to believe it was about homosexuality and only homosexuality and they were not about to take the field in that jersey no matter what they were told or could see with their eyes. This is deeply homophobic. Deeply.
There was no space in their beliefs to consider any kind of inclusivity involving the gay community. They did not think to themselves that there might be a kid in their community/church/fan base who might be further ostracised due to their refusal to say homosexuals are allowed to exist.

Even if the Club had stated that it was a pride jersey (see above, they didn't), no one would have been asking them to put their dicks up each others bottoms, not just because their own heads were already too far up there, but because it was a statement of inclusion rather than an instruction to change their lives.

I'm also disappointed in the savagery of much of the commentary on here. Many just wanted to call other posters names or went full Fox News/2GB without any reasoned argument or attempted understanding. At least I got to block a few dribblers (see, I can use their terms as well!). Three strikes and they were out.

I'm all for people's right to believe what they want, go to any place of worship, and do whatever they want as long as it causes no harm. I believe this would have caused harm to some. Not me. Been through the battle, came out the other side.

I believe the Club got it 100% wrong. They should have spoken to the players, the RLPA, the NRL, and gotten a whole bunch of educational programs going, including a chat with Ian Roberts, and gotten to the point where everyone was happy to proceed together.

Others have suggested that this approach could never have worked with these religious fundamentalists but every attitude moves eventually. The racists and sexists now have to whisper their bile to each other behind closed doors.

I adore the jersey. Lovely design. I will support Manly until the day I die but I will not cheer for the seven. Sure, in my home I might yell "run, dickhead" and at the ground "run!!!", but I will never cheer them individually again. They hurt our club by withdrawing their services and they made impressionable young gays feel bad about themselves. Unforgivable.
Well said & a perfect summation of, & end to, the discussion.

I admit I've been a tad aggressive in my discussion of this matter because I abhor anything that decrees any person is not equal to everyone else, due to race, religion, creed, culture, sexuality, etc.

I'll end my participation in this discussion here & apologise to anyone I may have offended with my enthusiasm for the subject.

Peace to all.

Wow. Say what you like about Scott Penn, but he definitely has a flair for understatement. No "major dramas", huh? "Very busy week", huh?

I know Manhattan is a long way away, but sometimes I wonder if he's from another planet - like an alien attempting to simulate the appearance and actions of a human being. That would also explain the "almost there" facial hair.
There is a new series of SAS Australia on the way, except that ‘SAS’ now stands for ‘Stay Away Scott’. Des Hasler, DCE, Jurbo and 16 handpicked diehard Sea Eagles’ fans join Ant and the team, putting Scotty ‘Not from Marketing’ Penn through his paces.

Challenges include:
Abseiling down Sydney Tower without any abseiling equipment;
Swimming across a saltwater crocodile-infested river (and back) in Arnhem Land;
Scuba diving from Palm Beach to Ettalong Beach at night, without any scuba equipment; and
Parachuting out of the SAS Australia helo, without a parachute.

Very well said , however I’ll continue to cheer for any player wearing the Manly jersey as regardless of all that’s happened people have a democratic right to believe ( or not )in religion , and a democratic right to protest over something if they wish.

Do I think the club ****ed it up , absolutely ( majorly in fact ).

Do I think the 7 deserve to be ostracised for ever and a day , absolutely not.

Did I like what they did , absolutely not ( but it’s done so let’s get over it )

Do I wish the mods would shut this topic down , or at least move it away from the football discussions

ABSOLUTELY YES!

Last edited:

I hope that the fact I am reading this means I am not one of the banished ..... and I sincerely apologise if any comment I made has caused you any pain or disappointment ...

The people still having a whinge against the magnificent 7 are cringeworthy.
It’s like you’re banging your heads against a brick wall in attempt of getting everyone’s attention.

Move the f*** on and get on with the footy. Next week there will be 17 men in maroon and white that will make myself proud to be a Manly fan. While some of you are still nursing your hurt feelings. But then after some of those players win us the match you’ll be making out you were always their biggest fans. Fair dinkum.

The people still having a whinge against the magnificent 7 are cringeworthy.
It’s like you’re banging your heads against a brick wall in attempt of getting everyone’s attention.

Move the f*** on and get on with the footy. Next week there will be 17 men in maroon and white that will make myself proud to be a Manly fan. While some of you are still nursing your hurt feelings. But then after some of those players win us the match you’ll be making out you were always their biggest fans. Fair dinkum.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I won't be making out I'm their biggest fan.

Well said & a perfect summation of, & end to, the discussion.

I admit I've been a tad aggressive in my discussion of this matter because I abhor anything that decrees any person is not equal to everyone else, due to race, religion, creed, culture, sexuality, etc.

I'll end my participation in this discussion here & apologise to anyone I may have offended with my enthusiasm for the subject.

Peace to all.
images (27).jpeg

Oh you absolutely have to be joking me? IF this is actually true - these players are now saying ... hey we will wear the Gay Pride jersey... but we will do it next year...as long as you ask us first and consult!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give me an effing break you hypocritical morons! It was against your religion/beliefs last night... but after the backlash.... it will be within your beliefs next year if someone asks you??? What an absolute load of bollocks - wreck the season purely because someone didn't ask you if the jersey was ok and if they did you would have said yes. That is the biggest load of political spin I have read outside listening to a politician! Just how can your values/beliefs change purely over that fact that someone did or did not ask you first. They have absolutely lost all credibility with me now on the issue of their beliefs. The issue is either clearly part of your scripture and beliefs or not.... surely beliefs and the scripture can't be wiped away if someone asks you about an issue???? I have heard it all now. Speaking of now - serenity NOW!!!!!!!
Noooo..Penn didn't say they would wear a pride jumper he said that Manly would support an inclusive weekend again next year. They doesn't necessarily mean a rainbow jersey that supports a minority group only.

You make a jersey with the added difference being the predominant colours of Pepsi Max you can’t then say that the club is promoting inclusivity of every brand of Cola on the market.

You show any person who knows zilch about the game or the jersey controversy what they think the jersey is promoting and 95% will say it is a gay pride jersey and zero to do with anything else.

It is deceptive behaviour clear and simple which should never be supported, on that stance alone is enough for me to not wear the jersey.

If the perception is one thing but the Marketing department something else the players are right to call it out to retain control in a “general” sense what they are being associated with.

I hope the deal Dynasty sport gave the club for doing their promotion (after all it was their not Manly's idea and approach) was well worth it for the fracture this has caused.

Imperialistic, self entitled, condescending and delusional. Thanks for the diatribe Mrs Marx!
You know I try to read as many different posts to at least learn / understand the other side….then stumble across posts like this.

Your response to a passionate well written post? Debate any points you may disagree with? No it is far better to post a clear troll (one that I feel compelled to respond to)

What an embarrassing post

Wow - I think a record for how many people joined my ignore list from the one post. Similarly I no doubt joined other people's lists. I am totally flawed... I certainly don't live a perfect life... but one thing I just refuse to accept is discrimination of any kind ohhh and hypocracy. An issue though which will remain long ingrained in my mind sadly and an issue which again sadly will mean the Boycott 10 will struggle to get any leeway from me on any issue at all. Agreed though - time to move on... serenity NOW!

You know I try to read as many different posts to at least learn / understand the other side….then stumble across posts like this.

Your response to a passionate well written post? Debate any points you may disagree with? No it is far better to post a clear troll (one that I feel compelled to respond to)

What an embarrassing post
Him or her... certainly joined the ignore list. One of the trolls on here who immediately turn it personal with a personal attack. Sure as eggs if they weren't behind the keyboard and were talking to you in person they would shut up or they would be getting up off the ground rubbing their jaw and be seeing um rainbows lol.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8