The Seven Have Agreed to Wear Pride Jersey Next Year (maybe?)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Apparently any players or fans who aren't in awe of the bravery and principle of the magnificent seven are supposed to go to North Korea.
Well I am being shipped out obviously - when does my plane/boat leave?
No doubt there would still be some pissed-off players in the "Rainbow 17", but you can't take anything written by "The Mole" as gospel. Those quotes read like generic talking points and it's likely they're simply made up. It really is that easy to "quote" an "unnamed player" or source.

I hope the players can forgive each other and play like a team, but we won't really know until the end of the season. Either they'll come together or… they won't.

There's an article in the SMH today that quotes Kieran Foran and offers a little more hope:

‘They’ll be welcomed back’: Foran opens up on Manly peace summit​

By Christian Nicolussi

Kieran Foran has insisted the seven Manly players who stood themselves down for last week’s match against the Roosters rather than wear the club’s rainbow jersey will be warmly received by their teammates and fans this weekend.

Foran on Tuesday became the first Sea Eagle to speak about the weekend peace talks between the players. The veteran five-eighth admitted tensions were running high after Josh Aloiai, Jason Saab, Christian Tuipulotu, Josh Schuster, Haumole Olakau’atu, Tolu Koula and Toafofoa Sipley objected to the jersey on religious and cultural grounds.

Their refusal to play in the crucial game against the Roosters sparked a nationwide debate over inclusivity and rugby league’s attitude towards the LGBTQ community.

Manly lost to the Sydney Roosters 20-10 with a host of debutants and inexperienced players in their line-up, and Foran told the Herald the players needed to bury their differences quickly if they were to salvage their season.

After lock forward Jake Trbojevic met with Aloiai on Sunday, a large group of players came together later in the day at the club’s Brookvale HQ to clear the air.

“Last week felt so rushed, there were so many things said, so Sunday was a good opportunity to park those differences and move forward,” Foran said.

“It was natural for both sides to feel frustrated. That was the reality of it That was also why it was really important we had that meeting on Sunday. It was about being able to respect and get an understanding of one another’s position and how we all felt inside.

“It was great to speak and start the week fresh. When you can respect each other’s position, it’s actually quite easy to put your differences aside and come together. At the end of the day we’re footy players, so let’s get on and play footy. That’s as simple as it gets.”

The seven players were told to stay at home last Thursday for fear they would be subjected to abuse by their own fans at 4 Pines Park.

But Foran tipped those same supporters to show only love for the returning players when Manly’s season goes on the line against Parramatta on Friday night.

“Those seven will be welcomed back, 100 per cent,” Foran said. “Everyone has a role to play in this team. None of us are bigger than the club. They missed last week because of their beliefs, that’s fine, but they will all come back and things will revert to normal.

“My gut feel is they will be fine with the crowd. They’ve stuck to their beliefs, and it’s not our place - or anyone’s place - to judge them on that.

“They’ve all done a great job when they’ve put on the Manly jersey, and that will continue until the end of the year. They’ll all put their best foot forward.

“This is a huge game for the club in terms of the context of our season, but also a huge game for us as a group. There are a couple of big motivating factors right there to try and win.”

“We need to get on with things and fight for the bigger cause, which is trying to go deep into the premiership.”

While Aloiai is still recovering from a knee injury, the remaining six boycotters were named in the Manly squad on Tuesday afternoon.

The Sea Eagles should have beaten Parramatta earlier this year when they lost Tom Trbojevic to a shoulder injury, then were harshly penalised for a late hit by Tuipulotu on Hayze Perham, which fired up coach Des Hasler afterwards in the press conference.

Again, why we're willing to lose a player and leader like Foran is beyond me.
Yes not sure that quotes like that would be totally fabricated... stating an un named player saying this or that - yes - but quoting them or supposedly - gee that would be a disgusting fraud. Not saying it is impossible..... However the point remains... which of the Boycott 10 simply never sin.. follow every religious doctrine to the letter and which one or ones have raised their concerns with Management about the jersey and field sponsors and stated that these sponsorships were against their religious/cultural principles?

From the SMH - a picture tells a thousand words:
EA8A7CC1-5170-4736-B950-3A94FD2BD223.jpeg

Kieran might be thinking, ‘Did I really grow up in the same suburb as this clown?’

Yep ... they would really appreciate your leadership style over there .. stamp out any opposing view ..
You are so dishonest! it was a reference to Chuckee wanting to stamp out opposing views by using put-downs and abuse and telling people they should go to North Korea.
Which you know full well because you liked his post

That's right you do not dissent with Chuckee, you agree with him 100% and that is why you liked his post. I wish you guys would scurry off back to whichever church has inspired you.

That's right you do not dissent with Chuckee, you agree with him 100% and that is why you liked his post. I wish you guys would scurry off back to whichever church has inspired you.

Again, you keep misrepresenting any opposing view ... my support of the much maligned 10 has nothing to do with religion ... and everything to do with living in a democracy ....

But carry on ... there must be others you wish to demonise and exclude ...

Haha it is your attitude that has been against including everyone. I doubt you or Chuckee have any particular religious qualms yourselves at all, but I suppose it is convenient to support the views of the religious 7 for anyone who also doesn’t want gays accepted or welcome.

If you did you would have encouraged the idea of open discussion. Instead you have encouraged ridicule of anyone bothering to have a discussion. Why else would you like a post that called people narrow minded peanuts who would fit in well in North Korea. Great way to show you appreciate democracy and the right to different views.

Haha it is your attitude that has been against including everyone. I doubt you or Chuckee have any particular religious qualms yourselves at all, but I suppose it is convenient to support the views of the religious 7 for anyone who also doesn’t want gays accepted or welcome.

If you did you would have encouraged the idea of open discussion. Instead you have encouraged ridicule of anyone bothering to have a discussion. Why else would you like a post that called people narrow minded peanuts who would fit in well in North Korea. Great way to show you appreciate democracy and the right to different views.

Good Lord .. you crying victim of ridicule after the the nonsense you have posted ... get a mirror comrade ..

And congratulations on getting in the "I have nothing else" fallback position of accusing any person with a contrary opinion of being homophobic ... real mature and intellectual Chairman ...

And good attempt to turn this around ... but I am not the one excluding and discriminating against a group in our society ... you are ... and Kim jong-un sends his regards ..

No doubt there would still be some pissed-off players in the "Rainbow 17", but you can't take anything written by "The Mole" as gospel. Those quotes read like generic talking points and it's likely they're simply made up. It really is that easy to "quote" an "unnamed player" or source.

I hope the players can forgive each other and play like a team, but we won't really know until the end of the season. Either they'll come together or… they won't.

There's an article in the SMH today that quotes Kieran Foran and offers a little more hope:

‘They’ll be welcomed back’: Foran opens up on Manly peace summit​

By Christian Nicolussi

Kieran Foran has insisted the seven Manly players who stood themselves down for last week’s match against the Roosters rather than wear the club’s rainbow jersey will be warmly received by their teammates and fans this weekend.

Foran on Tuesday became the first Sea Eagle to speak about the weekend peace talks between the players. The veteran five-eighth admitted tensions were running high after Josh Aloiai, Jason Saab, Christian Tuipulotu, Josh Schuster, Haumole Olakau’atu, Tolu Koula and Toafofoa Sipley objected to the jersey on religious and cultural grounds.

Their refusal to play in the crucial game against the Roosters sparked a nationwide debate over inclusivity and rugby league’s attitude towards the LGBTQ community.

Manly lost to the Sydney Roosters 20-10 with a host of debutants and inexperienced players in their line-up, and Foran told the Herald the players needed to bury their differences quickly if they were to salvage their season.

After lock forward Jake Trbojevic met with Aloiai on Sunday, a large group of players came together later in the day at the club’s Brookvale HQ to clear the air.

“Last week felt so rushed, there were so many things said, so Sunday was a good opportunity to park those differences and move forward,” Foran said.

“It was natural for both sides to feel frustrated. That was the reality of it That was also why it was really important we had that meeting on Sunday. It was about being able to respect and get an understanding of one another’s position and how we all felt inside.

“It was great to speak and start the week fresh. When you can respect each other’s position, it’s actually quite easy to put your differences aside and come together. At the end of the day we’re footy players, so let’s get on and play footy. That’s as simple as it gets.”

The seven players were told to stay at home last Thursday for fear they would be subjected to abuse by their own fans at 4 Pines Park.

But Foran tipped those same supporters to show only love for the returning players when Manly’s season goes on the line against Parramatta on Friday night.

“Those seven will be welcomed back, 100 per cent,” Foran said. “Everyone has a role to play in this team. None of us are bigger than the club. They missed last week because of their beliefs, that’s fine, but they will all come back and things will revert to normal.

“My gut feel is they will be fine with the crowd. They’ve stuck to their beliefs, and it’s not our place - or anyone’s place - to judge them on that.

“They’ve all done a great job when they’ve put on the Manly jersey, and that will continue until the end of the year. They’ll all put their best foot forward.

“This is a huge game for the club in terms of the context of our season, but also a huge game for us as a group. There are a couple of big motivating factors right there to try and win.”

“We need to get on with things and fight for the bigger cause, which is trying to go deep into the premiership.”

While Aloiai is still recovering from a knee injury, the remaining six boycotters were named in the Manly squad on Tuesday afternoon.

The Sea Eagles should have beaten Parramatta earlier this year when they lost Tom Trbojevic to a shoulder injury, then were harshly penalised for a late hit by Tuipulotu on Hayze Perham, which fired up coach Des Hasler afterwards in the press conference.

Again, why we're willing to lose a player and leader like Foran is beyond me.
I really appreciate this @Ron E. Gibbs, which puts the current situation in a clearer perspective. Having read "the mole" article and others about how fractured our team is, this has now allayed my fears and given me optimism. I'm much more inclined to believe Foran's quoted comments than supposedly those of an unnamed player.

Of course we won't really know how unified the team is till Friday, but it's reassuring to read this with Foran's comments and we live in hope...

As for your last sentence Ron, spot on!

“ let him who is without sin cast the first stone”​

Such a universal quote no matter what your perspective is on what a sin is in the first place.

No one is perfect or right in all this…. Not even the commentators on this site including me.

Let it go and stop feeding the media beat up machine.

Last edited:
From the SMH - a picture tells a thousand words:
View attachment 21843
Kieran might be thinking, ‘Did I really grow up in the same suburb as this clown?’
Who really knows why he is thinking. It could be almost anything. Maybe worried that he forgot to put the toliet seat down before leaving the house to go to the game. It’s funny how we project our opinions onto these kind of things…

nd good attempt to turn this around ... but I am not the one excluding and discriminating against a group in our society ... you are ... and Kim jong-un sends his regards ..
On the contrary that is exactly what you and Chuckee are doing. Not merely suppporting those players who demand the right to discriminate against 'a group in our society' (gays) - you actually support the ridicule and abuse of anyone who thinks this attitude is harmful and needs to be discussed.
You oppose discussion and like the idea that those supporting the need for serious discussion are narow-minded peanuts who'd fit in better in North Korea.

Twist it any way you like, it's there for all to see.

Let it go and stop feeding the media beat up machine.
Fascinating. You seem to be addressing this to me, you think i should let it go? Chuckee and Woodsie are still posting but I am the one not letting go?
Chuckee is one of the most prolific on this topic, and his posts include constant put downs and insults of other posters, stuff like peanut, narrow minded, whingers, snowflakes, crying, vile miserable people, disgusting dribble, (doesn’t sound very Christian to me)

If this is how the Manly players are discussing their differences we’re no hope!

all those tags were warranted SER8. You need to stop with the whinging, myself and @Woodsie have moved on and are accepting of all. It seems you are still a bit upset that you haven’t recruited all comrades to be part of your regime.

Sorry, we aren’t like you.

Now for the millionth time I’ve stated on here, move on and get on with the footy. We have an important game against Parra this Friday. I’m looking forward to supporting 17 players in Manly jerseys. Hopefully you are too but that’s on you.

Fascinating. You seem to be addressing this to me, you think i should let it go? Chuckee and Woodsie are still posting but I am the one not letting go?
Chuckee is one of the most prolific on this topic, and his posts include constant put downs and insults of other posters, stuff like peanut, narrow minded, whingers, snowflakes, crying, vile miserable people, disgusting dribble, (doesn’t sound very Christian to me)

If this is how the Manly players are discussing their differences we’re no hope!
No Mr SeaglesRocks8. ( apologies if I used the wrong pronoun) it is addressed to all as it indicates. Just used your post to capture the context. I find it funny how judgemental we have been towards the players on both sides. I think we forget how young they are. When I was their age my views and responses would have been somewhat different now I am 20-25 years older than most of them…

On the contrary that is exactly what you and Chuckee are doing. Not merely suppporting those players who demand the right to discriminate against 'a group in our society' (gays) - you actually support the ridicule and abuse of anyone who thinks this attitude is harmful and needs to be discussed.
You oppose discussion and like the idea that those supporting the need for serious discussion are narow-minded peanuts who'd fit in better in North Korea.

Wow .. you're good ... you have gone from absolutely trashing the 7, .. to now ... wait for it ... to being the voice of reason and the advocate of discussion ..

Lordy lordy lordy ... And you are right about one thing .. it is there for any one to see .. and your petticoat is showing comrade .

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8