The Seven Have Agreed to Wear Pride Jersey Next Year (maybe?)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
FFS how about we all calm down and move on from all the hate and anger.

Page one on this thread made me feel sick with all the hate and anger.

The club ****ed this up like they have ****ed up so many other moments.

Board infighting and factions
Des going the the Dogs
Toovey situation
DCE and Foz contract **** up
Matai leaving like he did.
Multiple CEOs
Penn family in General
The list goes on.

The players have their beliefs. I don't agree with them and I don't believe in fairytales but we need to move on.

These guys all pull on the Jersey and bleed for the club.The club created this mess not the players.

Yes this last week has been a ****show but at some point we all need to move on. That time is right now.

Des going the the Dogs
Toovey situation
Multiple CEOs
Penn family in General
The list goes on.

The players have their beliefs. I don't agree with them and I don't believe in fairytales but we need to move on.

These guys all pull on the Jersey and bleed for the club.The club created this mess not the players.

Yes this last week has been a ****show but at some point we all need to move on. That time is right now.
Toovey situation still hangs large around our club, club hasn’t been the same since his sacking

Des going the the Dogs
Toovey situation
Multiple CEOs
Penn family in General
The list goes on.

Hi EoL. Yeah, I agree with the general thrust of your post… we need to take the lessons and move on.

That said, as much as the club screwed up, it’s too simplistic to lay it all at their feet. The 7 also have responsibility for the choices they made. That does need to be addressed internally for the sake of team unity, given they left their team mates hanging out to dry. And that’s nothing to do with the right or wrong of the choice.

so it seems like Penn has lied again….

the Pride 7 have furiously denied they have softened there stance from twitter:

“Manly 7 fuming about claim they will soften their stance on “pride jersey”. A representative of the group contacted me to say “they don’t backflip on religious beliefs” and to suggest they would fold on their stance is “totally untrue”

Penn and this club are a disgrace!!!

#istandwiththe7players

Hi EoL. Yeah, I agree with the general thrust of your post… we need to take the lessons and move on.

That said, as much as the club screwed up, it’s too simplistic to lay it all at their feet. The 7 also have responsibility for the choices they made. That does need to be addressed internally for the sake of team unity, given they left their team mates hanging out to dry. And that’s nothing to do with the right or wrong of the choice.
Not to mention letting their team mates and supporters down and putting the season on the line, far too much haste in their decision imo, even though the club seriously erred in doing this without notice surely there was the possibility of demanding an apology and negotiating a result that would have satisfied them and allowed the club to field a full strength side, very disappointing all around

Be interesting to know who 'the representative of the group' who contacted Weidler was. There are layers we're not seeing here and never will unless The Sooky Seven actually speak.

It's one thing to stand up for your 'beliefs' but another thing to double down when there's still the slimmest chance to make the eight provided we can have some sort of a settled playing group. So what if Penn reinvented things in his favour? Have they never met the man? This was a line that talked about next year after much work had been done. But they have to make waves again now but not by bravely fronting up in public and genuinely explaining what the beliefs are and how inclusivity offends those beliefs.
Wimpy bloody wusses.

Be interesting to know who 'the representative of the group' who contacted Weidler was. There are layers we're not seeing here and never will unless The Sooky Seven actually speak.

It's one thing to stand up for your 'beliefs' but another thing to double down when there's still the slimmest chance to make the eight provided we can have some sort of a settled playing group. So what if Penn reinvented things in his favour? Have they never met the man? This was a line that talked about next year after much work had been done. But they have to make waves again now but not by bravely fronting up in public and genuinely explaining what the beliefs are and how inclusivity offends those beliefs.
Wimpy bloody wusses.
Their stance has been amazingly commendable… umm, did I miss something? I haven’t heard a farrrking thing from the 7, still. We have all roasted the club about their management of the situation, how about holding the 7 accountable?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8