The Seven Have Agreed to Wear Pride Jersey Next Year (maybe?)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Wow, I am really not sure how to take this. If it is true then that is a massive turnaround. But if it is more bs from penn then it will only alienate the 7 further
Yes. The only people we haven't heard from on this issue, before or after the event, are the seven players.
Who believes what Scott Penn says? He reckons the jersey was to promote inclusion yet does not include all the players who were expected to wear it.
Personally, I hope this issue is behind us. But as DCE has warned, clubs and the NRL should be careful not to use players as pawns for their political agendas, or money-making schemes.
I'm sure not all players are happy being a billboard for gambling and alcohol companies. Up to this last issue players had toed the company line.
I wonder what the reaction would have been if the Manly jerseys still carried the sponsorship of the Russian software company?

Yes. The only people we haven't heard from on this issue, before or after the event, are the seven players.
Who believes what Scott Penn says? He reckons the jersey was to promote inclusion yet does not include all the players who were expected to wear it.
Personally, I hope this issue is behind us. But as DCE has warned, clubs and the NRL should be careful not to use players as pawns for their political agendas, or money-making schemes.
I'm sure not all players are happy being a billboard for gambling and alcohol companies. Up to this last issue players had toed the company line.
I wonder what the reaction would have been if the Manly jerseys still carried the sponsorship of the Russian software company?
The bible forbids displaying the brands of Russian software companies now?

I know you are very solid on your storm in a teacup line Mark but I think there may be a few twists and turns that lay ahead because they are now a very strong faction.
Also, when in Rugby League history have SEVEN players ever refused to play for their club?
Des reiterated in his press conference many times that it is human, it is emotional, and it is a continuing work in progress.
Let the healing begin.
Agreed - I think there will be long and deep divisions to heal here.. especially after this morning's back flip by the 10 involved. Other players will be like most of us... gob smacked and angry. This is going to take a long while to heal and some players will be moved on a result.... especially whoever was the coordinator/leader of this shambles.

Oh you absolutely have to be joking me? IF this is actually true - these players are now saying ... hey we will wear the Gay Pride jersey...

I don't believe that to be an accurate appraisal ...

I believe they have agreed to wear what has been re-branded and presented to them on the basis that it is an "Inclusive" jersey ...

From what I can gather from ALL statements by Penn, the club, the NRL they specifically refer to the jersey as representing Inclusion ... not specifically a GAY PRIDE jersey ....

The distinction may be minimal and unimportant to most of us ... but I believe it is the difference that allowed the brothers to accept wearing it in the future ...

I believe they have agreed to wear what has been re-branded and presented to them on the basis that it is an "Inclusive" jersey ...

From what I can gather from ALL statements by Penn, the club, the NRL they specifically refer to the jersey as representing Inclusion ... not specifically a GAY PRIDE jersey ....

The distinction may be minimal and unimportant to most of us ... but I believe it is the difference that allowed the brothers to accept wearing it in the future ...
Well the jersey surely better not have a rainbow stripe that is for sure. They will throw the cards in the air and storm off again...those rainbow stripes really are the cause of so much that is wrong in society. As I have said their stance is the absolute height of hypocrisy.

Last edited:

Might have to contradict you there Woodie. It’s always been an inclusive jersey. On the collar it says exactly that if they’d bothered to read it …
864EFE8E-EE86-40D7-8EE8-D4E5DDDCD409.jpeg

Well the jersey surely better not have a rainbow stripe that is for sure. They will through the cards in the air and storm off again...those rainbow stripes really are the cause of so much that is wrong in society. As I have said their stance is the absolute height of hypocrisy.

The narrative has already started that the rainbow no longer means what it used to mean ...

As to hypocrisy ... if they don't view gambling and alcohol in the same light ... who are we to tell them they should ... I have read many religous people on here explain the difference ... but I guess nobody was listenining ...

This next week is going to mighty important in futures of the 7 with transition in squad. I would hope Des would look at some team bonding away from training paddock.

Didn't take long for the haters here to start hating. Hang your pathetic heads in shame.

"Scott Penn said the players who refused to play in tonight’s match against the Roosters have agreed to wear a pride jersey next season, as long as they are consulted."

Nothing is firm and nothing has been agreed upon depending on the consultation next year.

How about we as supporters support ALL the players moving forward as one inclusive Manly to make the top 8.

Ill take what Penn says with a grain of salt. Theres a lot more to come from this i feel.

For now we need to be at our best to belt the Eels and gun for 8th spot.

@Brisbane Tragic .... And food for thought .. you are an intelligent man and honest in your views .. I would like your response to this situation ... because to me it is an important part of the build up to the drama that is being ignored ... and one that to me, points specifically to the mindset of the club in the days prior to the bruhaha ..

I have done the simple maths and the chances of randomly picking 3 players from the usual starting 17 to get an advance look at the Jerseys and model them ... and ending up with the 3 non-Polynesian players ... Keppie, Foran and Garrick .. is ... wait for it ... one (1) chance in ninety one (91)

Question ... Either the laws of probability have been breached ... or the club knew there would be a drama and deliberately acted to keep the polynesian players in the dark ...

Which do you think it was ..

PSS (for those checking my maths ... I withdrew Croker, Davey and Jake due to the fact that last week I assume they would have been unavailable due to covid ISO)

Last edited:
Thanks Budgie ... all I can say to that is they may have read it ... had they been given the opportunity ..
Jersey announced Sunday, they had their moment on Monday, team announced Tuesday. There was always a jersey to show them.

Am I right in thinking that Andrew Davey is leaving next season? I really like him and think he is the type of under the radar hard worker most teams would give lefty for. I sure hope I am wrong and he is here for a little while longer.

The narrative has already started that the rainbow no longer means what it used to mean ...

As to hypocrisy ... if they don't view gambling and alcohol in the same light ... who are we to tell them they should ... I have read many religous people on here explain the difference ... but I guess nobody was listenining ...
I have also done my own research and in Polynesian and Mormon culture... gambling and alcohol are absolutely not accepted.... no if buts or maybes And if you want to have your views/lifestyle/religion/beliefs accepted and rightly so then you obviously need to offer that same respect to others. My problem absolutely is not with their beliefs it is purely the hypocrisy.

@Brisbane Tragic .... And food for thought .. you are an intelligent man and honest in your views .. I would like your response to this situation ... because to me it is an important part of the build up to the drama that is being ignored ... and one that to be points specifically to the mindset of the club in the days prior to the bruhaha ..

I have done the simple maths and the chances of randomly picking the 3 players from the usual starting 17 ... and ending up with the 3 non-Polynesian players ... Keppie, Foran and Garrick .. is ... wait for it ... one (1) chance in ninety one (91)

Question ... Either the laws of probability have been breached ... or the club knew there would be a drama and deliberately acted to keep the polynesian players in the dark ...

Which do you think it was ..

PSS (for those checking my maths ... I withdrew Croker, Davey and Jake due to the fact that last week I assume they would have been unavailable due to covid ISO)
Heading to a meeting mate.. will come back to you.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4