The Seven Have Agreed to Wear Pride Jersey Next Year (maybe?)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Oh you absolutely have to be joking me? IF this is actually true - these players are now saying ... hey we will wear the Gay Pride jersey... but we will do it next year...as long as you ask us first and consult!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give me an effing break you hypocritical morons! It was against your religion/beliefs last night... but after the backlash.... it will be within your beliefs next year if someone asks you??? What an absolute load of bollocks - wreck the season purely because someone didn't ask you if the jersey was ok and if they did you would have said yes. That is the biggest load of political spin I have read outside listening to a politician! Just how can your values/beliefs change purely over that fact that someone did or did not ask you first. They have absolutely lost all credibility with me now on the issue of their beliefs. The issue is either clearly part of your scripture and beliefs or not.... surely beliefs and the scripture can't be wiped away if someone asks you about an issue???? I have heard it all now. Speaking of now - serenity NOW!!!!!!!
could not agree more , exactly how i feel as well , next year stand them down with no match payment.

Am I right in thinking that Andrew Davey is leaving next season? I really like him and think he is the type of under the radar hard worker most teams would give lefty for. I sure hope I am wrong and he is here for a little while longer.

Yep, going to Parra

Jersey announced Sunday, they had their moment on Monday, team announced Tuesday. There was always a jersey to show them.

Players are on record as saying they learnt about it from the paper on Tuesday Morning ... so I guess they weren't shown one .. or weren't aware it had the rainbow ...

I don't know ... the answer is a Kumquat ...

Either way, it looks like the path for a better celebration of Inclusiveness has been opened for next year ... so maybe the pain has been worth it ...

"Scott Penn said the players who refused to play in tonight’s match against the Roosters have agreed to wear a pride jersey next season, as long as they are consulted."

Nothing is firm and nothing has been agreed upon depending on the consultation next year.

How about we as supporters support ALL the players moving forward as one inclusive Manly to make the top 8.
Refusing to play in the most important game of the season because you weren’t consulted about something is ridiculous. It’s a privilege to wear a Manly jumper and they’re being paid 100s of 1000s of dollars a year, to wear it.

If it wasn’t about religion, and was in fact about being consulted, then that’s a pitiful excuse. Fair enough, if they’re unhappy about it, I can live with that...but to sit out the match because of a lack of consultation? Cry me a ****ing river.

I had more empathy for them when I thought it was about religion.

A positive post copied from Facebook

"Something every footy fan should know. I have been a Manly fan for 47 years, like most, loud and proud. I’m also the proud Principal at East Hills Boys High School in Bankstown. In amongst the furore of this week, I get a call today from teachers who have taken a year 9 group to Narrabeen for a camp. After the 7 players who have elected to stand down this weekend, had their meeting with Scott Penn today, they hung around and chatted and took selfies with the boys at the camp. Even under the enormous pressure they’re under this week they took the time to inspire the next generation. I’m prouder than ever to know these blokes represent my club every week. They took some time today and created memories for life for these kids. Great work boys, can’t wait for you to pull on the maroon and white next week."

@Brisbane Tragic .... And food for thought .. you are an intelligent man and honest in your views .. I would like your response to this situation ... because to me it is an important part of the build up to the drama that is being ignored ... and one that to me, points specifically to the mindset of the club in the days prior to the bruhaha ..

I have done the simple maths and the chances of randomly picking 3 players from the usual starting 17 to get an advance look at the Jerseys and model them ... and ending up with the 3 non-Polynesian players ... Keppie, Foran and Garrick .. is ... wait for it ... one (1) chance in ninety one (91)

Question ... Either the laws of probability have been breached ... or the club knew there would be a drama and deliberately acted to keep the polynesian players in the dark ...

Which do you think it was ..

PSS (for those checking my maths ... I withdrew Croker, Davey and Jake due to the fact that last week I assume they would have been unavailable due to covid ISO)
Hey mate - just responding. Do I think they players were purposefully selected to all be white and no Polynesians to keep the "secret" hidden. Nope not a hope do I believe that. Do I think that there was other marketing stuff going on and those three were involved - maybe... or were they actually in the facility when they were looking for "models" again maybe. But I am certain - well in my mind that there was no conscious effort to not let them know. Do I think anyone knew out of the playing group... no probably not. Was it a mistake not to consult - well yes in hindsight it was. And I am not trying to crow here or make excuses for Manly management but I used to be a senior public servant back in the day and I now run my own business plus played/coached/ran sub District clubs for a million years...and I think I am pretty savvy and across HR/political issues that might burn you and issues that might affect a footy team. However if I was involved in this and been part of the marketing team.... I truly don't think I would have given it a second thought to consult with the Pacific Islanders. I honestly would have thought - no issues here - lets just get it done. Now do I think our management and the owner over the years have been fabulous... not a hope. They have been absolutely woeful on many many occasions. I certainly don't trust Penn and this morning he should have shut up until there was a joint press conference with the players. Then there would have been absolutely no mixed messages and we could have seen everyone being on the same page. Penn has a habit of putting his foot in it - big time! But seriously and my honest opinion I just think this was pure oversight - just my view.

Given there’s now 4 pages of posts I don’t like your chances of this happening.

It does make a nice change from the usual calls for DCE to be hung, shot and sacked whenever we lose a game.
Let’s revisit this after they return and we beat the Eels.

I don't believe that to be an accurate appraisal ...

I believe they have agreed to wear what has been re-branded and presented to them on the basis that it is an "Inclusive" jersey ...

From what I can gather from ALL statements by Penn, the club, the NRL they specifically refer to the jersey as representing Inclusion ... not specifically a GAY PRIDE jersey ....

The distinction may be minimal and unimportant to most of us ... but I believe it is the difference that allowed the brothers to accept wearing it in the future ...
It was ALWAYS an inclusive jersey. Not once did manly say pride.

So nothing has changed. It is still termed the same.

No wonder taupau wants out, he knows we ain't making 8 now.

This back flip will do me. Gonna take a hiatus from nrl, can't support this crap if we are endorsing it.

If we let the 7s contract expire without renewing I will be back.

Oh you absolutely have to be joking me? IF this is actually true - these players are now saying ... hey we will wear the Gay Pride jersey... but we will do it next year...as long as you ask us first and consult!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give me an effing break you hypocritical morons! It was against your religion/beliefs last night... but after the backlash.... it will be within your beliefs next year if someone asks you??? What an absolute load of bollocks - wreck the season purely because someone didn't ask you if the jersey was ok and if they did you would have said yes. That is the biggest load of political spin I have read outside listening to a politician! Just how can your values/beliefs change purely over that fact that someone did or did not ask you first. They have absolutely lost all credibility with me now on the issue of their beliefs. The issue is either clearly part of your scripture and beliefs or not.... surely beliefs and the scripture can't be wiped away if someone asks you about an issue???? I have heard it all now. Speaking of now - serenity NOW!!!!!!!
Hoochie Mama

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8