The Seven Have Agreed to Wear Pride Jersey Next Year (maybe?)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Hello 7… any chance we might get some communication and clarification sometime soon? Or is it too difficult to stand by your almighty stance? Let everybody else cop the heat while again, your choices go unchallenged and slippery in the night.

Be interesting to know who 'the representative of the group' who contacted Weidler was. There are layers we're not seeing here and never will unless The Sooky Seven actually speak.

It's one thing to stand up for your 'beliefs' but another thing to double down when there's still the slimmest chance to make the eight provided we can have some sort of a settled playing group. So what if Penn reinvented things in his favour? Have they never met the man? This was a line that talked about next year after much work had been done. But they have to make waves again now but not by bravely fronting up in public and genuinely explaining what the beliefs are and how inclusivity offends those beliefs.
Wimpy bloody wusses.

You don't need to look too far BE.

Let's play Wheel of Fortune, the category is Player Managers

M__I_ T_RT_

The crown jewel in sports management.

Penn is a giant fukwit for speaking to the media. The magnificent 7 are also major fukwits for speaking to the media. This club is a basket case. It was a massive emotional week. They should have left it at DCE and DES press conference. Let the dust settle. Regroup. But no.. its embaressing.

Penn is a giant fukwit for speaking to the media. The magnificent 7 are also major fukwits for speaking to the media. This club is a basket case. It was a massive emotional week. They should have left it at DCE and DES press conference. Let the dust settle. Regroup. But no.. its embaressing.

I didn’t see Penn talk but if he said it on TV then it’s not likely he was misquoted. But if this is true that we have an organised group of players with a spokesperson contacting media to publicly contradict the owner, it is hard to see any way back from that.

And with some players reported to have received death threats one can understand why they would not want to be misrepresented.

Mestrov arrives on Monday, if he can save this situation he’ll be going for a Nobel nomination.

Well the 2023 rebuild is going to be interesting when we release Saab, Tuipolotu, Koula, Schuster, Olakauatu, Aloiai, Sipley and the unnamed reserves who also sat out.

I never thought i'd say this but I hope all 7 plus the other few that refused to wear the jersey & continue to do so are sacked & take their arrogant attitude elsewhere. Up until yesterday i thought this would all blow over but after the news report that they haven't agreed to change their minds about wearing the Pride Jersey next year they can go! No one is greater than the club & these guys have shown their disdain for the Manly colours. Good luck, good riddance to the lot of them. They're the reason our season may now be over & not one of them should be allowed to play in our colours again. I'll bet whatever teams they are dispersed to won't be dogged like they have dogged our club.
If they're selected in the team for next week I will find it extremely difficult to support them. The lot of them now disgust me!

Last edited:
Mr Fluffy strikes again. It's amazing that the team does so well when we have had such a dysfunctional ownership structure. It's almost like he has been trying a "Major League" for 10+ years but the team just won't toe the line and fail. Although he nearly pulled it off when he sacked Tooves and brought in Barrett.

Yes, I’m not exactly happy or excited about him, but at least he is stepping up and trying. Why can a significant group refuse to play and not have to answer to their decision? WTF is going on with that?

What is he stepping up and trying here? Because it's certainly not informing the players or coach about delicate situations.

No-one asked the club to wear the jersey, it backfired spectacularly, and he's trying to save face by lying about the players agreeing to it, which just makes it worse instead of letting it die quietly, which is what would've happened if he left it at Des and DCE cleaning up his mess in that press conference.

Last edited:
What is he stepping up and trying here? Because it's certainly not informing the players or coach about delicate situations.

No-one asked us to wear the jersey, it backfired spectacularly, and he's trying to save face by lying about the players agreeing to it, which just makes it worse instead of letting it die quietly.
He is stepping up and explaining his decisions. Right or wrong, he’s explaining himself. Would you prefer he sticks his head in the sand and say nothing? That is much better than what we have had from the almighty magical mythical 7. I far from love the guy, but I’m much more upset by the 7 who won’t clarify or explain ****.

Yes, I’m not exactly happy or excited about him, but at least he is stepping up and trying. Why can a significant group refuse to play and not have to answer to their decision? WTF is going on with that?
Yeh but he already released a written statement. He should have left it at that. Just let the dust settle. I am truly dissapointed with the 7 for talking to the media on an event that will happen next year. I don't understand why the club hasn't put a media ban on them. It's a disgrace.

It could also be that weidler is being clever and asked them specifically if they will wear the 'pride jersey' as opposed to what it is actually called 'the inclusive jersey'.

Either way this is going to tear tge club apart.

I didn’t see Penn talk but if he said it on TV then it’s not likely he was misquoted. But if this is true that we have an organised group of players with a spokesperson contacting media to publicly contradict the owner, it is hard to see any way back from that.

And with some players reported to have received death threats one can understand why they would not want to be misrepresented.

Mestrov arrives on Monday, if he can save this situation he’ll be going for a Nobel nomination.

I just wanna finish on this. We had a group of 7 (possibly 10) choose to sit out and boycott a game last night. Unprecedented. Why have we had zero statement, explanation or anything from that group? Surely, the fans deserve that?
Sack them all.

I want players who want to pull on the Manly jersey no matter what. I’d be happy to cop a year or two of development even if we lose most games just to see the back of these 7 Israel Folaus.

That guy disgusts me, and this lot are not far behind.

The only backflip should be Foran back to Manly next year.

NYEagle

Sack them all.

I want players who want to pull on the Manly jersey no matter what. I’d be happy to cop a year or two of development even if we lose most games just to see the back of these 7 Israel Folaus.

That guy disgusts me, and this lot are not far behind.

The only backflip should be Foran back up Manly next year.

NYEagle
I tend to agree with the feeling of your post, NYE.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8