The send off's .. and tackle technique ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
The worst thing about this crack down is that it is bringing out the cynical side of the game, players milking for penalties, trying to get opponents sin binned, waving 10 fingers at the ref to make that happen. The NRL need to be careful here as it will incite frustration as players should not be penalized for a good hit as long as they dont hit a guys head.
It's like watching a game with 13 Cameron Smiths on each side, all of them telling the referee how to do his job every second tackle. One Cameron Smith was bad enough, but 26 is intolerable.

47MVEagle

Bencher
Trent Robinson complaining about the stop-start nature of the Roosters Broncos game now.

Well helloooooo, be careful what you wish for Trent, they have to stop the game every time a player feigns a hit to the head now to review & punish accordingly, remember?

Trent Robinson complaining about the stop-start nature of the Roosters Broncos game now.

Well helloooooo, be careful what you wish for Trent, they have to stop the game every time a player feigns a hit to the head now to review & punish accordingly, remember?
yes he was a big supporter of this action

Kevinward777

First Grader

I know right? What an arrogant sook this guy is. Last week when they won he was the mouthpiece for the NRL.

Damien2812

Bencher
I watched some of the 1st half of Panthers and Rabbits game and the Panthers are getting alot of 6 agains set restarts which we all know once the team gets a roll on its hard to wrestle the momentum back. Now add the tap to the chest/shoulder or anything that looks high and the team that has the momentum is getting more ball with either penalties or players being sent to the bin or sent off. The game is getting very hard to watch and makes the contest unwatchable if your on the wrong side of either set restarts and little taps to the chest/shoulder or chin giving away penalties.

Kevinward777

First Grader
I watched some of the 1st half of Panthers and Rabbits game and the Panthers are getting alot of 6 agains set restarts which we all know once the team gets a roll on its hard to wrestle the momentum back. Now add the tap to the chest/shoulder or anything that looks high and the team that has the momentum is getting more ball with either penalties or players being sent to the bin or sent off. The game is getting very hard to watch and makes the contest unwatchable if your on the wrong side of either set restarts and little taps to the chest/shoulder or chin giving away penalties.
Nah mate - V'Landy ball is the future. In five years it will look more like Oztag than rugby league. Peter reckons the fifty point wallopings are so much more exciting than the hard fought contests of yesteryear.

Fortunately, someone will eventually step in and restore order.

Damien2812

Bencher
Nah mate - V'Landy ball is the future. In five years it will look more like Oztag than rugby league. Peter reckons the fifty point wallopings are so much more exciting than the hard fought contests of yesteryear.

Fortunately, someone will eventually step in and restore order.

The game will lose alot of money by then. Membership numbers will dwindle and ratings will fall. Money talks unfortunately with no money it will change the game.

I recall a few years back when Marty Taupau used to spend almost as much time at the judiciary as he did at training. Over time he has changed his style to rarely transgress. It has been a while since his last indiscretion. No reason why others cannot follow suit.

The Who

Journey Man
Now that we are seeing 4-6 sin-bins per match a 5-minute sin-bin is long overdue.
Certainly for the first offence. If you transgress a second/third time you get 10 minutes.

Kevinward777

First Grader
Hahaha - how are you all likng those wonderful head protecting rules now? It was a noke two weeks ago, and it's still a joke now. Even a headless horseman could see this coming. Refs. Ow have yet another way to influence the game.

Enjoy!

Kevinward777

First Grader
Rule changes to the legs tackle are worth exploring - as long as they are well thought out. Although there has been a number of blokes knocked the feck out because their heads get smashed by a hip or a stray knee.

Some of the worst HIA's can be directly attributed to lower body tackles gone wrong. Fatigue plays a part when players get their technique wrong. Going low isn't a picnic when a massive human is running at you full tilt.

Maybe they can punish the ball runner who inadvertently causes one of these instances - by getting him to play in one boot for ten minutes.

Who knows?
The worst concussions to come out of today's game was a low tackle gone wrong - knee to the head. And a head clash.

Simonmyers11

First Grader
Hahaha - how are you all likng those wonderful head protecting rules now? It was a noke two weeks ago, and it's still a joke now. Even a headless horseman could see this coming. Refs. Ow have yet another way to influence the game.

Enjoy!
The crusher is an absolute joke, does my head in.

10 in the bin now even for minimal contact is absurd. Should only be used for swinging arm, or stiff arm or deliberate shoulder charge.

Marty was not even originally a penalty during play, then it went back a whole set on bunker review and not only a penalty, 10 in the bin! Gone to far. Game has lost the plot over the last few weeks.

I thought manly went into their shell after half time because they were worried about losing more players to the bin or more penalties. Our forwards do best with aggression. Yes, has to be controlled, but now any slight contact could go to bin, and low tackles are not rewarded in todays game either.

They need to back off with the 10 in the bin, only use for forceful contact.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Especially when players all grab their heads at any contact 'just in case'.

I swear with one "crusher" last night...the knights player's mum would have combed his hair with more force before he left home for the game.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Especially when players all grab their heads at any contact 'just in case'.

I swear with one "crusher" last night...the knights player's mum would have combed his hair with more force before he left home for the game.

Yeah it was the Croker one on Lach Fitzgibbon.
He milked it like a seasoned Hollywood star.
5th tackle penalty, when we had an up tempo set in defence, and had them 30m out from their line, to be kicking into the teeth of the wind.

Completely changed the momentum of the game.

rj90

Yeah, Nah.
Tipping Member

10 in the bin now even for minimal contact is absurd. Should only be used for swinging arm, or stiff arm or deliberate shoulder charge.

Marty was not even originally a penalty during play, then it went back a whole set on bunker review and not only a penalty, 10 in the bin! Gone to far. Game has lost the plot over the last few weeks.

I thought manly went into their shell after half time because they were worried about losing more players to the bin or more penalties. Our forwards do best with aggression. Yes, has to be controlled, but now any slight contact could go to bin, and low tackles are not rewarded in todays game either.

They need to back off with the 10 in the bin, only use for forceful contact.
100% agree.

The bin should only be used for deliberate acts of foul play, swinging arms, etc.

Everything else, put on report and let the match review committee decide if a charge is warranted. The sin bins are killing the game and completely inconsistent.

Teams are playing for penalties these days and the game is becoming a disgrace.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16