The send off's .. and tackle technique ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Coaches and players are going to have to reinvent tackling because I have a feeling this crackdown won’t stop!!

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Coaches and players are going to have to reinvent tackling because I have a feeling this crackdown won’t stop!!

But Mark ... only 1 out of every 1170 tackles on the weekend warranted a send off ... and not one of those tackles was a result of poor technique ... they were all just dumb brainfarts that would be send offs in any era ..

The only issue that is causing me concern is how the NRL is going to treat the accidental or unavoidable contact ...

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
So you are worried about a situation so rare you can't even think of a recent example??

No ... I can think of many examples .. was just not prepared to play your disingenuous game .

And I never said the unintentional or unavoidable were rare ... in fact they by far out number the intentional and wild brainfarts ...

So, I have no idea what the purpose of your posts are ...

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
So, I have no idea what the purpose of your posts are ...
Lol, except you just said that it was to play a disingenous game.
Which is incorrect, the purpose was simply to get a better idea of the sort of tackles you were thinking of. Because in the context of high hits the terms 'accidental' and 'unavoidable' are not absolute terms they are relative. No matter, not important.

The Who

Journey Man
The NRL is considering following in the footsteps of the NFL in limiting the number of full-contact training sessions in a bold new step in the crackdown on concussions.

You have to feel sorry for the NRL backrower who plays drums as a leisure pursuit. Last week he tripped and hit his head on one of his drums and he's now out of this weekend's match with percussion.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
You have to feel sorry for the NRL backrower who plays drums as a leisure pursuit. Last week he tripped and hit his head on one of his drums and he's now out of this weekend's match with percussion.

4b1.gif

S

Shnorky

Its quite simple, if mum aint on board the kid doesn't play rugby league. the future of the greatest game is in the hands of mothers of their children who care about their kids wellbeing, hence soccer and arial pingpong are getting the kids in. PVL is trying to win back those votes, because without kids playing the game....guess what??

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The dominant tackle rule started this rubbish. It resulted in the wrestle and players being twisted and rolled onto their backs. Simple get rid of it. That would speed up the game up without this crazy repeat set rule. The NRL allowed this to happen. They need to fix it.

yokahontas

Bencher
It's not actually knees, if you're tackling knees you are doing it wrong. HIAs that come low tackles are generally from hips and elbows (from low bumpers). If they actually trained for low tackles these would be reduced.

Good point. Dabbling in women’s RL 15-20 years ago, we were being trained to tackle around the hips, ‘cheek to cheek’ to protect your own head. Same way my brothers learned to tackle in u/6s a decade before that.

The players with proper old-school tackling technique (Jake obviously a prime example) aren’t routinely knocking themselves out in the attempt, it’s the guys who only know how to effect a 3-man bear-hug wrestle that get caught out with heads in the wrong position on the rare occasion they attempt to tackle properly, with a 110kg steamroller coming at them one on one.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Good point. Dabbling in women’s RL 15-20 years ago, we were being trained to tackle around the hips, ‘cheek to cheek’ to protect your own head. Same way my brothers learned to tackle in u/6s a decade before that.

The players with proper old-school tackling technique (Jake obviously a prime example) aren’t routinely knocking themselves out in the attempt, it’s the guys who only know how to effect a 3-man bear-hug wrestle that get caught out with heads in the wrong position on the rare occasion they attempt to tackle properly, with a 110kg steamroller coming at them one on one.

Hi Yoka ... The injuries resulting from a hip to the head tend to occur when the attacker puts on some late footwork and upsets the timing of the tackler .. also with a faster game the tackler is often put into a position where he has to make the tackle when he can, as opposed to when he would like to, causing his set up to suffer ...

I cannot see a solution to this problem ..

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The NRL's approach seems to be along the lines of "Oops this has be happening for far too long so better change it quick". Funny I thought the rules had not changed just the interpretation (yet again) and the manner in which they will be enforced (would have thought consistency over time was the logical solution but that's just me). I'm still trying to understand how a club can build a squad based on the rules that can change at any given time with significant change having been made mid season. So this planning should have involved a clairvoyant that predicted sudden and drastic mid season rule & policy change like the six again rule. Hmm. Recently we were told that because each team gets the same amount of money from the NRL it is their responsibility to get their squads right. Hmm. Some clubs have more corporate sponsors some due to their demographic circumstances (Brisbane & Melbourne), some clubs have the benefit of greater third party deals to assist them in attracting quality players (Roosters) , rich leagues clubs, state of the art training facilities for some, huge new stadiums for a few. Hmm am I missing something here or does the rationale "the clubs get the same amount of money" lack logical and considered foundation. I am so glad we have great minds steering the future of this once great game.

yokahontas

Bencher
Hi Yoka ... The injuries resulting from a hip to the head tend to occur when the attacker puts on some late footwork and upsets the timing of the tackler .. also with a faster game the tackler is often put into a position where he has to make the tackle when he can, as opposed to when he would like to, causing his set up to suffer ...

I cannot see a solution to this problem ..

What’s interesting, though, is how rarely those types of accidental hip/head clashes happen to guys like Jake - you hear commentators often say ‘he got his head in the wrong position there’ i.e. flawed tackling technique - but the players recognised for their good low tackling technique (Beaver was the same) are rarely the guys knocking themselves out on someone’s hip.

It’s no different in combat sports - proper training in protecting your own head as the first priority makes you a lot better at avoiding being knocked out 🤷‍♀️

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
Absolute joke... Name one other code that has changed their product to such an extent. Ridiculous! So many inconsistencies as well.
It started with the stupid 6 agains and now this. I actually do t mind the binning of head shots, it’s the way they’ve rolled it out. This needed to be an off season process in line with a full review of the legs tackle and reward for same. All these rules are being thrown together in the run. I’ve watched tackling technique closely this week and nobody goes low. There’s no reward in it, in fact you are penalized with quick play the balls. (I know this has been said before). PVL is seriously f$&@ing up this game. 6 agains is the stupidest concept and still think it is. Too much of this stuff is mired in grey area. Good luck nrl.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 69 16
12 7 5 135 14
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 5 6 47 12