The reality of it all.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This is cons of private ownership.
The positives was it kept the club alive when max first bought in to the club. Sadly this gronk who owns the club now has zero
feel for the game or the fans.

He doesn't pay the bills anymore the NRL
does thru the massive grant but sadly manly is his toy.

So as fans there's not much we can do to change or stop some of the madeness of this owner.

Just some facts
Penn sport couldn't work with Surfside Pty Ltd (Delmege)
Penn sport couldn't work with Quantum Energy as co owners
Under Penn Sport manly majority ownership manly ar on the 4th coach in 8 years compared to the fact that between 1983 and 2014 manly had 5 coaches.
Since Penn sport took majority ownership in 2014 the club has had 8 Chief Executive Officers

In my opinion Penn Sport isn't fit to hold an NRL license.

The only thing we can do is not give our hard earn money to the club.

What does that mean......
Don't by memberships to the NRL Club
Don't go to home games
don't buy official merch

Support the team and players on TV
Where possible go to Away games

Why should this clown who couldn't organise a ---- in a -------- get our hard earned.

This is about a lot more than des hasler being sacked it's about the last 8 years of incompetence from our once great clubs back office.

Apparently we have a premiership calibre squad such a shame we have a wooden spoon back office and owner
Have done the same except I am not renewing 5 memberships, won't get another "pennyworth of me. I will support the football club and the team but not Pennmanly
The club is no more it's just Penns play thing.

Have done the same except I am not renewing 5 memberships, won't get another "pennyworth of me. I will support the football club and the team but not Pennmanly
The club is no more it's just Penns play thing.
Penly has a nice ring to it. It also makes me want to vomit. But just like the thread title... That is the reality of it all.

Being a huge fan of Dessi it is with great pain to say that we had to prepare for if and when Des left.
I do not claim to be so smart that I can predict or read peoples mind. But unfortunately do you guys remember 2011 when due to Des jumping ship. (we all were sheeting bricks because we were so worried about the player's Des was going to take with him?) Guess what Penn being a business man ( I do not know Penn except that when we almost folded came to the party with Delmage to recue us ) wanted to make sure that the team that we have all supported and loved would not end up like West Tigers that is so toxic that no coach wants to touch. (remember Madge knocking us back. Des made the call because 1. He could not get a coaching gig, and we could not get a coach so it was a marriage of convenience. Do you think for one minute that Penn was going to place Manly in a position of being the laughing stock of NRL. If Dess pulled another 2011 which one of us would be saying that's great Dess, thank you for the heartache. Dessi being Dess if a better offer came ie more $$$$$ do you think he would give a shheet about us. In the words of Jerry Maguire "SHOW ME THE MONEY" As I said in the beginning I am not that psychic. But I am just saying.

Being a huge fan of Dessi it is with great pain to say that we had to prepare for if and when Des left.
I do not claim to be so smart that I can predict or read peoples mind. But unfortunately do you guys remember 2011 when due to Des jumping ship. (we all were sheeting bricks because we were so worried about the player's Des was going to take with him?) Guess what Penn being a business man ( I do not know Penn except that when we almost folded came to the party with Delmage to recue us ) wanted to make sure that the team that we have all supported and loved would not end up like West Tigers that is so toxic that no coach wants to touch. (remember Madge knocking us back. Des made the call because 1. He could not get a coaching gig, and we could not get a coach so it was a marriage of convenience. Do you think for one minute that Penn was going to place Manly in a position of being the laughing stock of NRL. If Dess pulled another 2011 which one of us would be saying that's great Dess, thank you for the heartache. Dessi being Dess if a better offer came ie more $$$$$ do you think he would give a shheet about us. In the words of Jerry Maguire "SHOW ME THE MONEY" As I said in the beginning I am not that psychic. But I am just saying.
Do you think for one minute that Penn was going to place Manly in a position of being the laughing stock of NRL.

F#ck me dead mate...WE are and have been for quite a while

Do you think for one minute that Penn was going to place Manly in a position of being the laughing stock of NRL.

F#ck me dead mate...WE are and have been for quite a while
And it all started in 2011 about a week after our Grand final.

For me there is change and how it is managed.

Plenty on here wanted change - the way it has been managed is an absolute embarrassment. That is down to the owners of the club no one else
Penn absolutely. DES isn't innocent their either. Both sides have been happy swing punches and agenda driven dribble in the media. All of which is harmful to the club. I guess DES would argue what else could he do, go quietly. He was rallying for position bigger pay out or other wise. It's not how good clubs manage their affairs. That's for sure.

The Pty Ltd company is part of the club
Our club is stronger with a strong supportive fan base
and Passionate Manly supporters will always be part of this

I am not sitting on the fence and get splinters on my arse
I am going to games and watch my club because I am a member and the club belongs to me as well
Then the owner should should stop p1ssing the supporters / members off with his ego centric style of ownership.
I'm no longer a member as of today but I will still watch and support the team, not Penn.

Club belongs to Penn now Bozo, we own the cap, sticker and lease our seat. To own something you get a say in it by voting a board in. We don't get no say, it's Penn only so no we don't own nothing just because of membership

I apologise in advance, I really don't mean any offence but after reading that I have to ask...
Hiw many drinks have you had ?

I apologise in advance, I really don't mean any offence but after reading that I have to ask...
Hiw many drinks have you had ?
Yes @ManEagle i also think he is in a happier place than us..... and theres nothing wrong with that. I believe there is an extended drunk post in all of us.

I think you are spot on. Penn had to cut ties with Des. The damage was done and Des would have undermined within out of spite.. spite he may well be entitled to feel but spite that would have hurt the club. I don’t like Penn but he is someone I really know nothing about so I can acknowledge my judgment is purely subjective. I am not into all the historical comparisons e.g. average tenures of CEO’s etc.etc Rugby league is a turbulent sport as a business. In business you need to have a ruthless streak .The story of John D. Rockefeller is testimony to this. Penn seems possess some of his ice cold shrewdness.

Is that you Mr Penn?

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7