The reality of it all.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think you are spot on. Penn had to cut ties with Des. The damage was done and Des would have undermined within out of spite.. spite he may well be entitled to feel but spite that would have hurt the club. I don’t like Penn but he is someone I really know nothing about so I can acknowledge my judgment is purely subjective. I am not into all the historical comparisons e.g. average tenures of CEO’s etc.etc Rugby league is a turbulent sport as a business. In business you need to have a ruthless streak .The story of John D. Rockefeller is testimony to this. Penn seems possess some of his ice cold shrewdness.
Awesome translation skills @Red Pill

Mate, I went to literal war for you with @robbiea , and you up and do the same thing. Robbie, mate - I humbly apologise.

Thanks Ryan but there is a difference I stated if Des got extended I would give the game (and the club) away as I would no longer support nrl.

Cameron is on record as saying he is not just dumping the club but he is going to support the dolphins.

That's a fact I was stepping away from rugby league all together not going to another team.

I think you are spot on. Penn had to cut ties with Des. The damage was done and Des would have undermined within out of spite.. spite he may well be entitled to feel but spite that would have hurt the club. I don’t like Penn but he is someone I really know nothing about so I can acknowledge my judgment is purely subjective. I am not into all the historical comparisons e.g. average tenures of CEO’s etc.etc Rugby league is a turbulent sport as a business. In business you need to have a ruthless streak .The story of John D. Rockefeller is testimony to this. Penn seems possess some of his ice cold shrewdness.
You give Penn too much credit RP comparing him to JDR ,who made his money from the ground up as a wildcatter in oil, by himself.
Penn is just a mommys boy who has been gifted millions because of nothing more deserving than a lucky gene .He has done precious little himself and without daddie's money and basis how he has run the Sea Eagles into the ground, would be lucky to be in a factory putting lids on pickle jars .
I think he is a jinx with no idea , if he was an undertaker,, people would stop dying .
Fingers crossed daddie says 'look you idiot you have completely phucked this up for the what is it 3rd or 4th time ?,time to go son ,put it on the market ,like yesterday !!"

You give Penn too much credit RP comparing him to JDR ,who made his money from the ground up as a wildcatter in oil, by himself.
Penn is just a mommys boy who has been gifted millions because of nothing more deserving than a lucky gene .He has done precious little himself and without daddie's money and basis how he has run the Sea Eagles into the ground, would be lucky to be in a factory putting lids on pickle jars .
I think he is a jinx with no idea , if he was an undertaker,, people would stop dying .
Fingers crossed daddie says 'look you idiot you have completely phucked this up for the what is it 3rd or 4th time ?,time to go son ,put it on the market ,like yesterday !!"
Fair enough and appreciate your view. In relation to comparisons to JDR I said the following “Penn seems to possess some of his ice cold shrewdness.” This is all! JDR was apparently an awkward stereotype accountant.. I did not say he possessed his business acumen etc just aspects of his cold shrewdness.

I apologise in advance, I really don't mean any offence but after reading that I have to ask...
Hiw many drinks have you had ?
I think we all should all have a few drinks so that by 2am the Manly situation just like the song no one or in our case our situation will look ugly at 2:00am in the morning. "a couple of days Bewdifullllll"

Fair enough and appreciate your view. In relation to comparisons to JDR I said the following “Penn seems to possess some of his ice cold shrewdness.” This is all! JDR was apparently an awkward stereotype accountant.. I did not say he possessed his business acumen etc just aspects of his cold shrewdness.
Cold, yes. Shrewdness would suggest some intelligence and business acumen.

of which he has one quality in abundance and the others none what so ever
I actually think it is the other way

He does not see the value in further investment as this serves his purpose (note this is very different to ours as fans) which is very savvy

It just sucks for us

Thanks Ryan but there is a difference I stated if Des got extended I would give the game (and the club) away as I would no longer support nrl.

Cameron is on record as saying he is not just dumping the club but he is going to support the dolphins.

That's a fact I was stepping away from rugby league all together not going to another team.

But if you cut through all the mess, you're both coming from exactly the same place. Super passionate. Super loyal. Bitterly disappointed. People say things they don't mean in those scenarios.

I don't doubt, even if Des WAS extended, that you'd be right there with the rest of us next season riding the highs and lows. We all may get frustrated, elated, whatever, but we all are married to this club, whether we like it or not.

Cameron is a bloody good fella. So are you. Let's try and show some empathy, and think to ourselves, WHY did someone say XYZ? I'll tell ya why mate - complete love for the club .

We won’t have a club to support if that pig Penn remains the owner.

Penn doesn't possess cold shrewdness.....more like shrewd coldness.

All of this Penn hatred is understandable and much/all of it is warranted ....

Bit it also dismisses one very important point ..

IMO we were a very very very very very poorly coached football team ... and Dessie was done ..

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6