The race for the top 8.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Honestly never thought we’d win tonight. Had Jake, Davey, and Croker out then we’ll lose burbo and keppie. Yea they lost Ramsey but that was an easy replacement. Not to bothered by this loss tbh.
I'm bothered by it because these are the type of games you have to lock away... Rorters beat this mob last week by 30 points and they are the sides we are competing with... Raiders are finding form and sharks and are just a better side than us - even with those blokes back...
Eels, who knows, but on that 'effort' tonight you would want to be getting a start if you were laying your cash down...

Honestly never thought we’d win tonight. Had Jake, Davey, and Croker out then we’ll lose burbo and keppie. Yea they lost Ramsey but that was an easy replacement. Not to bothered by this loss tbh.
We are gone for the season

roosters will put 30+ on us next week and go a game clear of us.

tonjght we just had to find a way to win and we did not.

Anything can happen with 7 rounds to go and injuries and suspensions will play a big part in how the top 8 ends up. Then there's Covid to contend with - and we know very well how much that can throw a major spanner in the works!

Spots 7 and 8 are still wide open...just hope with a bit of luck we finish in one of them.
Very prophetic after tonight.
COVID taking out three of our most reliable players was a huge blow.
We were loose up the middle, clunky from dummy half and our left edge back rower made a few errors.
And that was pretty much where it was lost tonight.

Where gone for the season

roosters will put 30+ on us next week and go a game clear of us.

tonjght we just had to find a way to win and we did not.
And that was it... we had our chances to get back into that game and we played dumb footy - and it was not walker or weakes or Sips that screwed us...
Really disappointing for mine...

Is that you, mickqld?

maybe in disguise ha ha

season 9 showtime GIF by Shameless

Very prophetic after tonight.
COVID taking out three of our most reliable players was a huge blow.
We were loose up the middle, clunky from dummy half and our left edge back rower made a few errors.
And that was pretty much where it was lost tonight.
I hope the club is clamping down on behaviours associated with Covid minimisation. Of course we don’t know how they picked it up, but maybe it’s time to stop them patrolling the fence taking selfies with the fans postgame.

Or apply strict instructions/strong encouragement to wear masks whenever they’re indoors in shopping centres, etc.

Last edited:
I'm bothered by it because these are the type of games you have to lock away... Rorters beat this mob last week by 30 points and they are the sides we are competing with... Raiders are finding form and sharks and are just a better side than us - even with those blokes back...
Eels, who knows, but on that 'effort' tonight you would want to be getting a start if you were laying your cash down...
Yeah I get it. Perhaps could have chosen words better but I honestly knew we’d lose it. Just never beat those guys away and throw in 2 of our most important players being out and it makes it tough. Just feel we are probably more chance of beating Easts at home then the queens away. Not very logical perhaps but I almost always have zero faith we beat the queens.

Watching rorters up the cleaners through Newcastle, shows how far off the pace we are and how ****ed we’ll be next Thursday against them.

Watching rorters up the cleaners through Newcastle, shows how far off the pace we are and how ****ed we’ll be next Thursday against them.
Hmmm didn’t we put the cleaners through them last week just saying. Assuming we can field a near full strength side next week. I reckon we can beat the rorters.

Yeah I get it. Perhaps could have chosen words better but I honestly knew we’d lose it. Just never beat those guys away and throw in 2 of our most important players being out and it makes it tough. Just feel we are probably more chance of beating Easts at home then the queens away. Not very logical perhaps but I almost always have zero faith we beat the queens.
Yeah I hate this game every year...

If anyone doubts that there is such a phenomenon as a 'bogey' team then add this debacle to the evidence. It's not that Illawarra were good; we were simply woeful. We would have struggled to beat the Blacktown rabble.

Agree it wasn't, it was Covid that screwed us.

As previously commented, I still think with Covid being infectious and prevalent as it is anything could happen in the next 6 weeks. There's still hope for the 8 imho.
Watching the Rorters (especially Teddy) taking selfies with the great unwashed, one can only hope that a nice dose of Covid takes place at Bondi throughout the week.

Funny, I had the same thought as I was watching Teddy. Yes we live in hope...
No, only Manly is capable of having 3 out at once with Covid and of course our 3 best defenders. No chance any other team would attract that sort of sh*t and especially the week before playing us.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8