The race for the top 8.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The cutoff will be 26-28 competition points so we probably need 4 more wins to make it.

Lock in 2 wins vs Dogs and Titans (hopefully). We then need 2 more wins from Dragons, Roosters, Parra, Sharks and Raiders.

A win this weekend will put us in a solid position. A loss will make it very tough.

MIGOTY

The cutoff will be 26-28 competition points so we probably need 4 more wins to make it.

Lock in 2 wins vs Dogs and Titans (hopefully). We then need 2 more wins from Dragons, Roosters, Parra, Sharks and Raiders.

A win this weekend will put us in a solid position. A loss will make it very tough.

MIGOTY
I‘ve had a bit of play with the ladder, not saying I‘ve got the answers or any part of it right, but it could work out that it will take 30 points to secure a place in the 8 and even then it may be determined by F @ A.
Just keep winning and we won’t have to worry about it, drop a couple of games and we may find ourselves in a real dog fight to make the 8. Really need to keep a tight grip on our F @ A, it would suck to miss out that way.
Side note, I see us making it at this point, our current form is good and improving, just need to take it week by week winning as we go. A good win this weekend could kill off the Goons, who will be well aware and pretty desperate to turn back to back losses around and keep their finals hopes alive, they face the Cows the week after, I have them missing the 8 and we can send them on there way this weekend.

Last edited:
Souths will continue to play good football until Mitchell is inevitably suspended again.
I'd say the current 8 will be the make up come September. The only other variable is Roosters to make the 8 and us to drop out.
The next fortnight will go a long way to ensuring a top 8 finish. Win both and confidence is very high!

Dunno on Souths

Their run home is : Storm (H), Sharks (A), Warriors (H), Eels (A), Panthers (H), Cowboys (H), Roosters (A)

Only the Warriors is a lay down misere

Lose the next two and they could be out of the 8 then I'd hate to be finishing the season with those four games

Last edited:
Anything can happen with 7 rounds to go and injuries and suspensions will play a big part in how the top 8 ends up. Then there's Covid to contend with - and we know very well how much that can throw a major spanner in the works!

Spots 7 and 8 are still wide open...just hope with a bit of luck we finish in one of them.

Im going bold and saying both the Roosters and Souths miss the finals
I said on here at the start that Melb would finish 7th or 8th, people laughed, well they've lost 3 in a row now, and probably more pain to come..lol. Comps really starting to open up now, apart from Penrith it's wide open from 2 to 8. Roosters and Souths miss the finals....that's a wild card prediction that could happen.

We will make the 8 if we deserve to. Lets see if the last two weeks is the beginning of a run. It needs to be. If the forwards do their job and DCE continues to play smart we are a red hot chance.

At this stage I see this week and next weeks games as vital for deciding the last few places in the 8. If we can put away the dragons we start putting a gap between us and them, same for the Roosters. I think the winner of those games decides our fate in the 8 and that of the team we are playing

We won't win all those 4 away games. Our away record is terrible. I see losses to Goons and Faders as well as 1 more home loss. That's 4 wins at best , 8 points and finish on 28. F/A and the Cows game will cost us severely. Think we'll finish 9th. Just call us the new mid table Tigers.

I have us finishing 8th, although there is a possibility Souffs will stumble given that they have such a tough draw. I think Easts will come 9th, which would be the first time in many years that they miss out on making the finals.
I hate to say it but I have feeling the Bunnies are going to go deep into the finals. Mitchell and Walker are finding form and they can win most games off the back of their left edge attack. They don’t have the defence to win the comp but they just seem to find ways to win games by out scoring their opposition, regardless of how poor they defend.

I really hope they don’t make the finals but fear they will.

South's have Storm.abd then Sharks. They could lose both. We just need to focus on us. I hate the Dragons game. You never know which Manly shows up for them.

Parras draw: Broncos, Panthers, Manly, Souths, Bulldogs, Broncos, Storm. Is there a world where they lose all of them?

If the NRL's ladder predictor is auto filled each week, this will be the scenario for the first week of the finals

Finals week one.jpg

All I know is we are in with a chance to play finals footy this year it’s in our hands to decide if we want it or not.

And there you go... whimper...
That team tonight does not beat...
Roosters
Eels
Sharks
Raiders

And therefore does not play finals... its a shame because this side is like the girl with the curl...

And there you go... whimper...
That team tonight does not beat...
Roosters
Eels
Sharks
Raiders

And therefore does not play finals... its a shame because this side is like the girl with the curl...
Honestly never thought we’d win tonight. Had Jake, Davey, and Croker out then we’ll lose burbo and keppie. Yea they lost Ramsey but that was an easy replacement. Not to bothered by this loss tbh.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8