The race for the top 8.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I am watching the Storm...no Pap is a massive blow to them.

Not sure of their draw but can see them slipping out of the 4. It is a real shame Turbo got injured this year as the top 4 (bar panthers) feels a heap weaker than previous years
Based on yesterday’s performance, young Meaney has a fair way to go before he is a seamless replacement for Papensmearen at fullback. He is not in the Garrick league just yet - actually a long way off it.

I bet a few people down there wish they still had Hicho Nynes onboard.

• 👍
Reactions: lsz
That Cowboys game still hurts, if we win that and the Parra game we would be 2 points behind 2nd/3rd/4th. Just goes to show how seasons can hinge on tiny moments, save 2 tries and we would be a genuine shot at top 4. Instead we are battling to make the 8.
Manly had it in them to be sitting on 32 points. ‘Hear’ me out:

We could have beaten the Roosters - a few tryscoring near misses, plus a trademark Marty Tapau ‘hail Mary’ pass put paid to that.

Sharks - stuff up at the kickoff led to their first try, followed by an avalanche of points. A dubious ten minutes in the bin for Haumole when we were building late 1st half momentum, put paid to a first half turnaround - not to mention Morgan’s post-Covid travails.

Rabbitohs - a send off in the opening minutes, ultimately put paid to a win, with another MTHM (Marty Taupau Hail Mary) just before halftime, not helping. In fact the latter might have been more crucial than the former, in terms of losing the game. The better team lost.

Eels and Stockmen - well documented, so no rehash.

The first Melbourne game, didn’t watch it, but one of their tries involved interference and another an incorrect play the ball. Without those refereeing oversights, it could have been very interesting.

We could have beaten the Roosters - a few tryscoring near misses, plus a trademark Marty Tapau ‘hail Mary’ pass put paid to that.

Sharks - stuff up at the kickoff led to their first try, followed by an avalanche of points. A dubious ten minutes in the bin for Haumole when we were building late 1st half momentum, put paid to a first half turnaround - not to mention Morgan’s post-Covid travails.

Rabbitohs - a send off in the opening minutes, ultimately put paid to a win, with another MTHM (Marty Taupau Hail Mary) just before halftime, not helping. In fact the latter might have been more crucial than the former, in terms of losing the game. The better team lost.

Eels and Stockmen - well documented, so no rehash.

The first Melbourne game, didn’t watch it, but one of their tries involved interference and another an incorrect play the ball. Without those refereeing oversights, it could have been very interesting.
I like your thinking but the Sharks game is a bit of a stretch, Harper shouldn't have been there post COVID19 and got a bath from Talakai who probably owes Morgan 1/2 his SOG payments because without that game he never gets picked.

Put it this way, we won’t finish last - which one of the more notable ‘half glass empty/doomsayer’ types on here was predicting not that many weeks ago.

He hasn’t been heard from for awhile. He might be back in action after our next loss.

There's no "might" about it.

Some people love to wallow in misery, and do their best to drag everyone around them down to that level.

We could have
Our current situation and our challenge to peak into the finals

Is not all about what we could have done and should have done

Our current situation is all about making the most of our opportunities that we have in front of us

And rise up to our legendary clubs benchmark of excellence like Magnificent Sea eagles !

The moral of the story ....
We should leave our past in the past
and live for what today has to offer
and not what the past has taken away

1658134338510.png

Our current situation and our challenge to peak into the finals

Is not all about what we could have done and should have done

Our current situation is all about making the most of our opportunities that we have in front of us

And rise up to our legendary clubs benchmark of excellence like Magnificent Sea eagles !

The moral of the story ....
We should leave our past in the past
and live for what today has to offer
and not what the past has taken away

View attachment 21593
True @BOZO . Time to leave the what ifs and what could've beens behind now. Can't change the past but can change the future. There's not one of the teams we face in the next 7 weeks we can't beat. Destiny is in their own hands. Play like we have over the last 5 rds (minus the late collapses) and we can make the finals.

True @BOZO . Time to leave the what ifs and what could've beens behind now. Can't change the past but can change the future. There's not one of the teams we face in the next 7 weeks we can't beat. Destiny is in their own hands. Play like we have over the last 5 rds (minus the late collapses) and we can make the finals.
I Totally agree with you when you say our destiny is in our own hands feathered friend

NO EXCUSES !!!

We currently have 11 teams vying for a finals birth with us and on top of that we also have the video refs playing russian roulette with us

At the end of the day winning teams players characters rise to the occasion and create their own luck

In the end
The Grand final winning team will be Blazing in Glory
and the losers will Babble on with excuses

A quote from the Beautiful and talented and highly competitive American Soccer player Alex Morgan ....
"EXCUSES ARE LIKE LOSES
EVERY ONE HAS THEM ACCEPT FOR CHAMPIONS "
1658136687819.png

Last edited:
I think the Roosters are going to be very hard to hold out of a top 8 Spot even with the injuries they are getting. I'm not convinced we'll make the 8 necessarily but we've given ourselves a decent chance over the past few weeks. We still have some holes in our game but pleasantly surprised these last bunch of games the effort has remained.

I've got us 7th to 9th
Majorly I think those 2 defeats eels Cummins love job and cowboys will cost us a finals position.

Raiders have a very easy draw and roosters will win enough games to make the 8.

Think we miss it by 4 points and finish 9th 10th.

Dont underestimate losing Tupouniua and TKO.

That said, it will be tough but we have put ourselves in the race

We need to keep winning that's for sure and we need to start with St Merge on Friday. We know who was to blame in respect of the match outcome against Parramatta but our performance against the Cowboys was all on us and unforgiveable, it may come back to haunt us. Thankfully we are not playing in Wollongong on Friday night. Common boys win this!

Well my review says,
Penrith 46
NQ 40
Brisbane 36
CS 36
MW 34
Melbourne 32
Souths 30
Canberra 28
Obvioulsy I don't tip against MW, so if we happen to drop say 2 games we could drop to 8th.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8