The race for the top 8.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Its not over until some rotund woman starts singing. There is still 12 points on offer for us this year. Hopefully jake and croker are healthy next week but being on a thursday might not help.

Thanks to the Manly Pride marketing team, we are probably out of the race for the top 8 as the Roosters will kill us with 7 players missing.

That hasn't been confirmed as yet, surly common sense will prevail.

What do you think will happen?

Club will backflip enraging the gay pride movement?

Allow the 7 players to sit the game out?

Players sacked due to not following their employers rules.

Manly marketing and management in general taken to court by the players for illegally asking the 7 to wear the jumper while knowing their well known religious beliefs?

Manly marketing and management in general taken to court by the players for illegally asking the 7 to wear the jumper while knowing their well known religious beliefs?
Apparently Des is supporting the ones who might boycott the game. If the game goes ahead with so many 1st grade players out it'll be carnage for us at 4 Pines Park. The 3rd option unfortunately is looking really ominous atm.

Of those unpleasant possibilities, the answer appears to be ‘b’

Last weeks loss ( and this weeks shellacking ) probably ours paid to our finals chances.

Finish maybe 9th more likely 10th.

Oh well , fun whilst it lasted !!!

10th with a bullet - gun firing blanks that is and going down down down. We should never have lost v Dragons as they r crap, covid or not.

Not only do we HAVE to beat Parra, we need Roosters and Canberra to lose against Broncos and Riff.

Looking at the draw I'd say the Roosters and Rabbitohs are very strong possibilities of losing their places in the 8. We need to win 4 out of our last 5 at minimum though I'd say.

Looking at the draw I'd say the Roosters and Rabbitohs are very strong possibilities of losing their places in the 8. We need to win 4 out of our last 5 at minimum though I'd say.
We have to win all 5 we won'tmake it on 28 pts unless we flog several sides. The Rorters have a tough draw. I think the rabbits will get 4th. Storm to drop unless they get their act together. We need the top 5 to beat up on the Rorters, Rabbits and Parra.

We basically have to play 5 weeks of finals type footy to make the 8, that’s a big ask, then dreaming about the end game from the bottom half would be 9 in a row, that would be some kind of effort, would also go down in the history books as one of our best, I’ll take week by week, you never know, think we can get the slime this week, all being well within the squad and just making the finals will be a pretty decent job from here.

Manly need to win all remaining games
You can have a bit of joy doing ladder prediction
They could possibly make it if they loose one game but as mickqld quoted they will need some big wins in the games they win
A few games they lost when they should have won are coming back to bite them

The bottom half of the 8 is still very close, so I haven't lost hope yet. If any teams lose key players, anything could happen. Some examples of incidents in this round include:

Eels lost Moses, their kicker and playmaker, out injured for a month
Rabbits could lose Burgess if he's suspended
Broncos could/will lose Carrigan if he's suspended at judiciary
Storm have lost their injured fullbacks indefinitely
Roosters lost injured prop Collins indefinitely
and obviously Panthers lost Cleary and Luai till the finals

It's going to take a big effort by the team for the next 5 weeks, starting with our must-win game on Friday. With a bit of luck though, you never know!

Last edited:

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8