The purge is on!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I said this in another thread , all other sides ( we await the Donkeys ) are purging and adding better players , meanwhile we have Foran and Davey .......so to date we are red hot favourites to be battling for the spoon.

PS: this is based on a weakened team ( to date ) and our predilection for mass injuries annually.
So true and if you don't laugh about it ...... you'll cry.....

I said this in another thread , all other sides ( we await the Donkeys ) are purging and adding better players , meanwhile we have Foran and Davey .......so to date we are red hot favourites to be battling for the spoon.

PS: this is based on a weakened team ( to date ) and our predilection for mass injuries annually.

It worries me that we seem to be standing still. Understandable if we were a top 4 team, but we aren't. The Broncos won't be down for too much longer, either.

It worries me that we seem to be standing still. Understandable if we were a top 4 team, but we aren't. The Broncos won't be down for too much longer, either.

The season is longer and factoring in SOO, moves will be happening between clubs well into December/New Year.

Don’t take the fact that the only moves so far are that of Foz and Davey to mean much, you can guarantee that conversations are ongoing and it is a case of the club keeping their powder dry from AFB etc as opposed to sitting on their hands mate.

Not sure what you’re expecting in regards to signings given the $$$ tied up in certain players.I suspect we’re going to see more of the younger players come through and get a chance next season,rather than any high profile signings.Much better to bring the young,”local”players through than paying overs for outsiders.Panthers are a perfect example this season

Not sure what you’re expecting in regards to signings given the $$$ tied up in certain players.I suspect we’re going to see more of the younger players come through and get a chance next season,rather than any high profile signings.Much better to bring the young,”local”players through than paying overs for outsiders.Panthers are a perfect example this season
There will be a handful of signings - hold on to your reg grundies for goodness sakes. But if you are expecting us to sign Grant or AFB - oh hold on he just left or Munster or Taumalolo well you are going to be um.......... disappointed. Yes we will bring through Fainu, Guacamole, Burbo to go with Schuster but there will be a few nice lower market additions I am sure

Blacktown juniors or Manly juniors?
Just clarifying. Anyways, I guess one of us will be right next year.

The season is longer and factoring in SOO, moves will be happening between clubs well into December/New Year.

Don’t take the fact that the only moves so far are that of Foz and Davey to mean much, you can guarantee that conversations are ongoing and it is a case of the club keeping their powder dry from AFB etc as opposed to sitting on their hands mate.

We shall see...

The 'Riff has shown that you don't need 'big' signings to be successful. However, they do seem to have excellent recruitment in country regions of NSW whereas I doubt Manly has the manpower to scout as widely.
It’s all about a network of spotters , that’s how Crusher used to do it but I fear he’s old and lazy these days.

The 'Riff has shown that you don't need 'big' signings to be successful. However, they do seem to have excellent recruitment in country regions of NSW whereas I doubt Manly has the manpower to scout as widely.
Or keeping guys from the nyc premiers for 5 years. Did you see the article which listed the Penrith 2015 winners that are now in their first grade team?

Of course, we won in 2017, so we have a couple of years to wait to see our winners blossom properly. We have retained fainu, Titmus, funa, cust, haumole, Kioa, Anderson and paseka from this team, and added keppie who played for parra in that GF.

so exciting times ahead.

Last edited:
Or keeping guys from the nyc premiers for 5 years. Did you see the article which listed the Penrith 2015 winners that are now in their first grade team?

Of course, we won in 2017, so we have a couple of years to wait to see our winners blossom properly. We have retained fainu, Titmus, funa, cust, haumole, Kioa, Anderson and paseka from this team, and added keppie who played for parra in that GF.

so exciting times ahead.

Unless you are one of the favs you can’t afford to buy a side so bringing juniors through looks to be the only option.

so exciting times ahead.

Might be worth pointing out that from our 2015 Holden Cup GF side we only have Tom left.

I think it was a missed opportunity especially when we didn't keep Jesse Ramien, Luke Garner, Nicho Hynes and others.

But hopefully the core of our 2017 winning squad will be with us (and stay on the park) for a while.

Might be worth pointing out that from our 2015 Holden Cup GF side we only have Tom left.

I think it was a missed opportunity especially when we didn't keep Jesse Ramien, Luke Garner, Nicho Hynes and others.

But hopefully the core of our 2017 winning squad will be with us (and stay on the park) for a while.
Ramien was a missed bullet
Hynes goes good but isn't a mesiah, same as Garner

I don't think it's anything to jump off a cliff about although agree Hynes and Garner would've at least been nice to keep

Liam Knight was the standout member of that 2015 team.
Can't blame the club not retaining him though after his 'fly spray' incident. But the clubs that take the high moral ground with players, such as Knight, are often penalised when another club recruits the 'Bad Boy' and gains on-field success from him.
The better the player the greater rope they are given to transgress.

It’s hard to keep the all but criminal when the good ones are let go!!

The lesson from Penrith is that it takes 5 years for many of them to be quality first graders. I don't think manly (barrett) was patient with blokes like Hynes and Garner.

It is a rare player (eg Tom) that can go straight from under 19s to first grade and shine.

Ramien was a missed bullet
Hynes goes good but isn't a mesiah, same as Garner

I don't think it's anything to jump off a cliff about although agree Hynes and Garner would've at least been nice to keep

Not saying we would have won a premiership with them, and some of those guys wouldn't have played first grade for several years anyway, but it would have been good if we kept them in our system (provided they wanted to stay).

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4