The purge is on!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If Tom gets another major injury next year then they need to medically retire him. We cannot afford to carry him any more.

While I do agree, I get the feeling that he will be on the park a lot more than off it from next year. His hamstrings are now strong according to the reports coming out, and its now been identified that his biomechanics, the way he runs, was the problem and its something they are apparently working hard on to change so that he still has his pace, but his run, his gait, is a bit different so that his hamstrings won't go pop.

In his comeback game against the Tits, he did get to fully stretch out in one chase and his hamstrings held up just fine. Tom's problem in that game was simply lack of fitness and what boxers generally term as ring rust. You can train the house down, but as has been proven countless times over the years with countless players, unless its combined with solid match fitness you will get caught out in the end.

I think we'll see a slightly different, but much more effective, a much fitter and on the park Tom Trbojevic in 2021.

While I do agree, I get the feeling that he will be on the park a lot more than off it from next year. His hamstrings are now strong according to the reports coming out, and its now been identified that his biomechanics, the way he runs, was the problem and its something they are apparently working hard on to change so that he still has his pace, but his run, his gait, is a bit different so that his hamstrings won't go pop.

In his comeback game against the Tits, he did get to fully stretch out in one chase and his hamstrings held up just fine. Tom's problem in that game was simply lack of fitness and what boxers generally term as ring rust. You can train the house down, but as has been proven countless times over the years with countless players, unless its combined with solid match fitness you will get caught out in the end.

I think we'll see a slightly different, but much more effective, a much fitter and on the park Tom Trbojevic in 2021.
Hopefully Walker & Suli also!!!! Can’t wait to see all 3 fully fit & firing for us. If Saab has signed & is good as we all think he is then our backline will be right up there.....
Trbo
Saab
Walker
Suli
Garrick (deserves another chance)
Schuster
DCE
Maybe we can snag Fusitua????
Backups Cust, Harper, Funa, Parker, Hoppa, Jorge, Trbo Jr.
Forwards Marty, Paseka, Jake, Keppie, Sipley, Boyle, Siro, Olakau’atu, Davey, Gosiewski, Sione Fainu, Saddler, Titmuss! Possibly Toupanoa & Garner????
Add Foran, Manase Fainu into the mix!
Not the worst squad to be honest!

Last edited:
Hopefully Walker & Suli also!!!! Can’t wait to see all 3 fully fit & firing for us. If Saab has signed & is good as we all think he is then our backline will be right up there.....
Trbo
Saab
Walker
Suli
Schuster
DCE
Forwards Marty, Paseka, Jake, Keppie, Boyle, Siro, Olakau’atu, Davey, Gosiewski, Sione Fainu, Saddler, Titmuss! Possibly Toupanoa & Garner????
The moral of the story
When we have our starting players we have proven to be very competitive
Once those starting players are out we are not competitive
We need to have a more competitive squad of 30 as our back ups back fire and capitulate .

I hope we get to see all three Turbos, together, on the field at some stage next season

Trbo
Saab
Walker
Suli
Schuster
DCE
Forwards Marty, Paseka, Jake, Keppie, Boyle, Siro, Olakau’atu, Davey, Gosiewski, Sione Fainu, Saddler, Titmuss! Possibly Toupanoa & Garner????

The only thing I would change in that 1-7 would be, at this stage, Foz for Schuster. I know everyone goes on about Shoe and he does have talent, not doubting that. What he doesn't have is anywhere near Foz's level of experience.

Foz is a 12 year veteran of the NRL with 212 games under his belt and 21 tests for NZ. Shoe has played what, 65 minutes of first grade? Injury issues aside (and remember, Shoe got injured also so its not like he came through that one game unscathed), at this stage I'd have Foz at the #6 and Shoe probably in the #14.

The only thing I would change in that 1-7 would be, at this stage, Foz for Schuster. I know everyone goes on about Shoe and he does have talent, not doubting that. What he doesn't have is anywhere near Foz's level of experience.

Foz is a 12 year veteran of the NRL with 212 games under his belt and 21 tests for NZ. Shoe has played what, 65 minutes of first grade? Injury issues aside (and remember, Shoe got injured also so its not like he came through that one game unscathed), at this stage I'd have Foz at the #6 and Shoe probably in the #14.
Yes I agree .. and I'm a huge Schuster fan .... he needs to be brought on and coming in when Foz (and the opposition), is tiring could be fantastic ... eventually Shuster to starting 5/8 and Foz to 14

I Agree, think we start Foran in the halves w/ Schuster bench. Then we ease him into first grade. So much less pressure for him so he can build up his confidence. So many young 5/8's get destroyed by being rushed. Maybe by mid-late season Schu will secure the starting spot, but give him time I say

I don't mind if we start him but I think it's probably the safest option and lots of potential to improve our bench rotation in the meantime anyways (no croker :) ). Lock is another option

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I agree .. and I'm a huge Schuster fan .... he needs to be brought on and coming in when Foz (and the opposition), is tiring could be fantastic ... eventually Shuster to starting 5/8 and Foz to 14
Agreed Foz in time will be 14 and Schuster 6 - maybe not straight up next season but no doubt after a few games. Schuster might start at 14 for a couple of games.

And I think Storm showed us on the wknd how important it is to control a game, kick to corners and repeat sets. Not sure about Schuster's kicking game... his first game kicking was fairly poor and I still think he'd be better suited starting off bench or 13, this takes the pressure off having to control a game but still gets his hands on the ball enough to show us his skills.

And I think Storm showed us on the wknd how important it is to control a game, kick to corners and repeat sets. Not sure about Schuster's kicking game... his first game kicking was fairly poor and I still think he'd be better suited starting off bench or 13, this takes the pressure off having to control a game but still gets his hands on the ball enough to show us his skills.
Perfect 13... Jake to prop.

Shoe's kicking game was good, though his inexperience did show when he started to get a bit short kick happy rather than putting the ball through the hands. But, he'll learn.

Perfect 13... Jake to prop.

I'd love to see Jake moved to prop, but after thinking about it, would playing Shoe in the forwards really be a good thing? Or will the extra workload, especially in defence because if he's a lock he'll be in the middle of the park, blunt his talent a little in that he wouldn't see the ball on the edges as often as he probably should. Remembering that with both DCE and Foz in the halves, the lock probably won't be at first receiver as much as we've seen with Jake.

If Shoe was to be in the starting 13, at this stage I'd honestly be more tempted to play him in the 2nd row where he would be closer to the edges and could use his skills more, still move Jake to prop, and play Siro at lock.

Although being realistic, Des won't move either Jake or Siro while Paseka has been pretty much rubber stamped as having first crack at the vacant front row spot and the same with Jetski for the back row.

Shoe's kicking game was good, though his inexperience did show when he started to get a bit short kick happy rather than putting the ball through the hands. But, he'll learn.

I'd love to see Jake moved to prop, but after thinking about it, would playing Shoe in the forwards really be a good thing? Or will the extra workload, especially in defence because if he's a lock he'll be in the middle of the park, blunt his talent a little in that he wouldn't see the ball on the edges as often as he probably should. Remembering that with both DCE and Foz in the halves, the lock probably won't be at first receiver as much as we've seen with Jake.

If Shoe was to be in the starting 13, at this stage I'd honestly be more tempted to play him in the 2nd row where he would be closer to the edges and could use his skills more, still move Jake to prop, and play Siro at lock.
There are a few different approaches these days with lock. Murray seems to play a more traditional lock role - he's not an extra prop. Other teams like cowboys & Manly basically have a prop at lock.

I think for the new faster game it works better to have a creative player at lock.

In terms of defence, halves have to do plenty of tackling anyway these days.

There are a few different approaches these days with lock. Murray seems to play a more traditional lock role - he's not an extra prop. Other teams like cowboys & Manly basically have a prop at lock.

I think for the new faster game it works better to have a creative player at lock.

In terms of defence, halves have to do plenty of tackling anyway these days.

I'm glad Des is coaching the side and not me lol.

The more I hear of this the more I think Walker will be purged. If he wants to dummy spit at playing centre than move him on and use his money elsewhere... maybe Fusitua, Funa to centre
Chez, Schuster, Funa, Suli, Saab, Fusitua. Now that's a backline
We're getting bugger all value out of him, as much as I like the bloke when he's on his game i think the money could be better spent on
Don't forget we've got an entire off season to educate Schuster in the finer art of playing 6, with input from Foran he will be an even better player in 2021, from what he showed in 60 minutes of football I reckon we've got plenty to be excited about

Not the first halfback time ever make the switch either , who knows could be a revelation.
I said mid way through last year Cust would make a much better hooker than 5/8. His running game and off the cuff instincts would suit hooker perfectly. I think he will be dynamic and also offers a short kicking game from hooker which we've been missing. He would play a similar role to Fainu, both have the ability to jump out both sides and keep the defence guseeing and certainly has a strong running game through the middle

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4