The purge is on!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I agree in the fact that Jake should play around the 60 min mark as a prop allowing paseka to drop back to the pine for impact. Our prop rotation is sorted if that were to happen imo and probably wouldn't really need to look externally more than maybe a fringe type. Siro to lock is an interesting theory, I think it could be worth a shot, but the flipside means we'd need two quality backrowers to fill the void. Haumole for mine could be one, but I think like kikau would be better suited not playing the full 80 then someone like davey or garner can cover on the bench. Have someone like sitili on the other edge
100% agree. So instead of spending good $ on middles, I would be investing in a couple of Garner/Davey types. I'd also be telling Parker to put on 5kgs and train at 2nd row (he and gosiewski could be reserve grade cover for injury). Guac and one big name edge forward/centre must be signed up. Truly believe all successful manly sides have always had dynamite edges!

100% agree. So instead of spending good $ on middles, I would be investing in a couple of Garner/Davey types. I'd also be telling Parker to put on 5kgs and train at 2nd row (he and gosiewski could be reserve grade cover for injury). Guac and one big name edge forward/centre must be signed up. Truly believe all successful manly sides have always had dynamite edges!
Yeah parker just isn't quick enough or dynamic enough to be a centre in the modern game. Solid player.. nothing more, nothing less. He adds value though.

Absolutely hate the storm but Welch is my prototype prop for the nrl. Similar to Brenton Lawrence but with more punch and very, very consistent. Does his job really well, gets up for the quick play the ball and really slows down the opposition in defence with great control in the ruck. Good at stopping offloads as well and workhorse. Don't agree with people likening him to Tolman. Tolman works hard but his problem is that he doesn't really have punch or any offloading game. Most importantly, Welch has a good sense for the game and doesn't get in the way and receive the ball at key times in the game when he shouldn't like Tolman infamously does.

I don't think he would hurt although wingers/Tupouinua/dummy half are priority

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. We’ve always won comps with great centre pairings. We need to settle on these and Parker, as much as I respect him, can’t be one of them.

So the Eels are purging 11

Sort of makes our #PURGE look timid doesn’t it??
Apart from Davey the only another player purged that I'd consider would be Jai Field. He has great speed and could be a useful back-up. Mind you, our club just purged Metcalf who is a similar player to Field.
I see that of the 11 purged two were Development players. It seems a bit tough on them as they didn't play any football in 2020.

So the Eels are purging 11

Sort of makes our #PURGE look timid doesn’t it??

It's kind of bizarre they're purging so many considering they came 3rd on the ladder at the end of the season.

Does it mean Arthur has NFI & is throwing the baby out with the bathwater or does it mean he actually has a clue & realises he can't win a premiership with his current squad, despite coming 3rd?

It's kind of bizarre they're purging so many considering they came 3rd on the ladder at the end of the season.

Does it mean Arthur has NFI & is throwing the baby out with the bathwater or does it mean he actually has a clue & realises he can't win a premiership with his current squad, despite coming 3rd?
Mmmm strange I feel but who knows

Yep. We’ve always won comps with great centre pairings. We need to settle on these and Parker, as much as I respect him, can’t be one of them.

There was a kid playing for Manly in the centres quite a few years ago who was just a tad too slow. But a great tackler. So the coach team put a bit of beef on him in the offseason and then moved him into the 2nd row next season. Arguably the best 2nd rower we have ever had. His name was Terry Randall. I think Parker would excel in the 2nd row next year.

Really didn't think they needed mass changes. Actually, I think they were just missing a couple of experienced cool heads with leadership quality. A Cordner type in the forwards and a hooker like hodgson/cook... having said that, I'm stoked Arthur's starting again, it means manly will at the least avoid the spoon for a couple more years lol

Released I believe and Manly just picked him up as a cheapie !!
No - Parra wanted to keep especially once he showed some form in NRL towards end of year but we had already signed him.

In terms of signing him as a 28 yr old, he had a lot of family issues (Tragedies) when he was younger which stopped his Development and playing. When he got back into footy in Qld State Cup he got 2 player of year awards then went to wentworthvile/Parra in 2019 where get got player of year. In short he wasn’t just a plodder in his early career

My only concern with picking up too many cheapies is that with injury to top liners we end up with teams on the field like we've had for several years now. Great to have a few as long as they are first grade standard and not just good reserve graders.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6