The purge is on!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think we also backed some of the wrong horses under that purge and the T. Barrett years.

Not only did we go tap out to dce and fall on our knees to keep him here, trent barrett then arrived and decided that he would try turn dce into a dominating, organising halfback which I place as one of his most costly mistakes. Still today, dce is not a step closer toward becoming that type of half, I hope Schuster/Foran's presence next year allows dce to be the 5/8 he always has been. Also, Tbaz established Jake as our third halfback and set up an attacking structure that not only featured Jake increasingly but also relied too much on offloads and individual spark/evasion from players like Api, Tommy Trbo and Walker rather than structured attack. That's why I remember being pissed off when Matt Parcell was sold to England while we retained Api Koroisau. Never was sold on Api with us because he wasn't a playmaker, he was an attacking opportunist in a time where we needed (and still need) playmakers. Good quality player but not the right fit unless he stayed on the bench like he did in 2019 and played that type of attacking-punch role.

So many mistakes from 2015, but we are in a position where many can be fixed during this offseason.

I thought getting rid of Matt Parcell was dumb at the end of 2016 and I still think its dumb. I also believe as I did then that it had more to do with Barrett's personal relationship with Api, who if you remember he brought with him from Penrith, than it was because Api was a better player.

You know DCE and contracts pisses me off. We signed him on a cheap arse contract because he was unwanted elsewhere. After a season surrounder by brett, glen, foran, jamie lyon he did a hoppa.

Remember this though. At the end of that first season, DCE had not only been part of an NRL premiership winning team but he would also make the Kangaroos Four Nations squad becoming a full fledged international. The way he's gone so far in first grade, Albert Hopoate would be flat out making the Tongan bench unless they had that many injuries that he was just about last man standing.

The cut out pass on the weekend was just not on - he had two men inside that target that stroll in unmarked if he shortens the pass. Again nothing to do with the previous play - they had a try on a platter and DCE went for the long magic money ball.
I'm talking in general about the approach of using the previous plays to make certain passes and plays more effective.

Not all plays can be setup from previous options, you have to read the play and numbers with a composed confidence, which has never been DCE's strong point. DCE has moments of composure but many times drops off big time when not playing on a flat wicket in his favour.

Too often when running an angle at slightly more pace than usual on the right side you can see by the way DCE holds the ball that the high risk face ball or cut out is on. I mentioned in previous posts here that the intercept is on big time if teams focus on this area of his game as he doesn't read the numbers or picks the right moments when to pull the trigger. Yes sometimes the play works and you would be convinced it was the right play because the try was scored but sometimes it is over complicating the simple.

It's a pity because DCE has all the things you want in a half and that is why it frustrates many who analyze his play---you always expect more from such a gifted player.

Do you really think foran will come back for a third of what DCE is on. The man has pride.
Yeah, lots of pride was driving the things he has done. FMD, are you blind mate...he is a mercenary!
In the position he is in he is ONLY thinking about money.
The way he left us proves it is all about the money for him and I will not follow this club if he is allowed back!
Promise.

Can we add Hoppa, Funa and Crocker to that list?.

I don’t want to see any of these three ever again. all three a disgrace to the Manly jumper. Not even reserve grade level.

NYEagle
Hoppa and Funa are only young there going to make mistakes that's how you learn. Funa has really impressed me at f/b but don't think he's a winger might be wrong but at least he's having a go, Hoppa hasn't played for 2 years it's going to take time to catch up. GO MANLY

These signings might not be exact but as an example we are miles better off...
Foran - Croker (upgrade)
Saab - Garrick (upgrade)
Thommo - Olakau-atu (upgrade)
Waddell- Davey (upgrade)
Levi - Peats/Other (anyone is an upgrade)
Metcalfe- Cogger/Lam (upgrade- Similar)
T rex - Saddler (upgrade- Similar)
Elliott- Ben T (upgrade)
Boyle - Tolman (upgrade)
Add Turbo Walker Suli back in and The emergence of Schuster, Funa etc I think things will look completely different next year. We are adding some hard heads and some leadership to this side. If we can somehow get Fainu off then we are heavyweights. Even if Fainu is only allowed to play the last 3 rounds and finals, he could be a real Smokey for us in the finals off the bench. This side just has to put us in a position to give is a shot

These signings might not be exact but as an example we are miles better off...
Foran - Croker (upgrade)
Saab - Garrick (upgrade)
Thommo - Olakau-atu (upgrade)
Waddell- Davey (upgrade)
Levi - Peats/Other (anyone is an upgrade)
Metcalfe- Cogger/Lam (upgrade- Similar)
T rex - Saddler (upgrade- Similar)
Elliott- Ben T (upgrade)
Boyle - Tolman (upgrade)
Add Turbo Walker Suli back in and The emergence of Schuster, Funa etc I think things will look completely different next year. We are adding some hard heads and some leadership to this side. If we can somehow get Fainu off then we are heavyweights. Even if Fainu is only allowed to play the last 3 rounds and finals, he could be a real Smokey for us in the finals off the bench. This side just has to put us in a position to give is a shot
9 is the key.

As to who well that’s a big question mark.

Last edited:
@The Who thinks Hoppa Jnr being left out this weekend is a sign he’s another one for the scrap heap!!

So at this stage he’s on the “ possible “ list
I was sitting near Hoppas wing last Saturday, they targetted him and were constantly turning him inside out and didn't seem to have the speed to keep up, however I doubt that Miski would be any better

I would be having a crack at Kennedy from the Broncs. I believe he is off contract.

Big unit, fairly mobile. Needs some Donny Singe magic for fitness though.

This is the sort of body type we want for the touch footy in 2021

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4