The not-so Magnificent 7

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Sack Des, move the 7 on quietly, make the jersey a permanent fixture that new recruits are fully aware of and move TF on...
Yes, some are good players but who cares, good players come and go whilst we are screwed for years to come and NOBODY should be able to hold a club to ransom...
Perspective time
Penn held the club players and supporters to randsome by diving the club
The fact is Penn with his naive marketing plan was the only club official to piss off his Polynesian players and Manly fans
Great leaders unite their people they do not divide them as Penn did

On Performance Des underachieved and so did Penn
so who sacks Penn ?
Maybe no one can sack him at the moment but that does not mean that he wont eventually fall on his own sword if our club fails to be successful under his rule

Moving players because of their beliefs is not a very smart or ethical Move that will back fire on our club big time

Perspective time
Penn held the club players and supporters to randsome by diving the club
The fact is Penn with his naive marketing plan was the only club official to piss off his Polynesian players and Manly fans
Great leaders unite their people they do not divide them as Penn did

On Performance Des underachieved and so did Penn
so who sacks Penn ?
Maybe no one can sack him at the moment but that does not mean that he wont eventually fall on his own sword if our club fails to be successful under his rule

Moving players because of their beliefs is not a very smart or ethical Move that will back fire on our club big time
Perspective time @BOZO ... Penn pays the bills so Penn makes the rules...

When the Manly 7 start paying for the club to exist rather than leaching from the club I will agree that they get a say in the direction of Manly...

I am not a fan of Penn but the guy holds the rights and the reins whilst ever he pays the bills...

Edit... and they would be getting moved because they were unable/unwilling to align with Manly's club values... they are not the only religious players in the squad...

Perspective time @BOZO ... Penn pays the bills so Penn makes the rules...

When the Manly 7 start paying for the club to exist rather than leaching from the club I will agree that they get a say in the direction of Manly...

I am not a fan of Penn but the guy holds the rights and the reins whilst ever he pays the bills...

Dictatorships sinks ships and Penns arrogance will sink our club as well if he does not change his ways

Just because some one like Penn has money does not mean he has any common sense

There was absolutely not common sense In Penns divisional Marketing execution that causes a division in our Manly people

Penns actions were highly unprofessional

...as opposed to the professional approach by the 7?
He pays the bills, they get paid...

This leader pays the bills as well

But unlike his Russian soldiers

Our Manly Players have a democratic right

See the source image

So a i st grade coach of Des 's experience and longevity level is or was not capable of restoring or lifting a side to a good or acceptable competitive level after a one off disruptive week . Maybe the club should sue Des for his inability to at least engender some normal routine or manageable or expectant performance level again . What if the so called magnificent 7 were unavailable with covid , would he have some grounds to sue the club then for some supposed negligence . Or maybe he could sue a couple of the players who did still play with the inclusive jersey emblems , whose form then was very average and below par in some following games . Not only doing the club and players a serious disservice if these reports are accurate , just harming his own reputation which had already taken a major hit following his previous exits from Manly and the Dogs . But maybe in Des 's case just trying to extract maximum money or financial benefit trumps everything irrespective of how much disruption and damage he may do to a club in the process of being shown the door

Not to mention further injuries to Garrick and Jake in the last few games. How does Des manage that, unless he has of course a fair dinkum squad?

How does Des manage that, unless he has of course a fair dinkum squad?
At the end of the day the squad that Des picked and coached did not produce fair dinkum results
The fact is We under achieved

Des had no answers . We saw no Innovating changes to our predictable boring and inconsistent team selections and team plays

Even with Tom in the first 7 round we never consolidated to be a threat to the top 8

And those happy for gays to continue to face discrimation harassment and worse are urging that the issue never surfaces again in the NRL, or at least certainly not at Manly.

What a disgusting and atrocious accusation to throw at people for having a different opinion to yours ... you really have a problem with democracy and the individual rights of the people.

Your statements are starting to echo the wisdom of your hero Putin ... just say any shiite to discredit and silence opposing views.
Interesting. Your attack, while vicious and personal, is lacking some of your usual nastiness. However I concede that you make up for this by adding an extra degree of hypocrisy, even by your standards. Or do you think that your comment acts to encourage dispassionate discussion of important and complex issues? To me it feels like an attempt to silence my view by belittling and ridiculing what I said!

I don’t even know what you mean by “opposing” views. You forgot to mention that detail!

Never mind. The thing that always strikes me when you launch your predictable attacks is just how threatened you must feel by my comment. It’s like, post comment, check watch, and on…one…two...three…Incoming!! Right on cue!

What are you so scared of? It puzzles me muchly. No-one is going to try to force you to be gay, if that’s what you’re worried about 😊

I was just about to jump on and confess my sins🙏, then I realised where I was😉
Never too late to confess your sins feathered friend

Confession is good for the soul

Do not bottle things up . Lift the lead , Open up and let go of the past that is weighing your spirit down

Hey @Dan can we start a confession thread ?

And those happy for gays to continue to face discrimation harassment and worse are urging that the issue never surfaces again in the NRL,

You make this ridiculous and disgusting assertion against anybody that either support the 7's rights to their belief's, or even just want virtue signalling issues kept out of sport ..

you are becoming a joke ...

This leader pays the bills as well

But unlike his Russian soldiers

Our Manly Players have a democratic right

See the source image
And they can exercise that democratic right by finding a club that aligns with their values...
Not sure they would get the opportunity to sit on the sidelines whilst taking bucketloads of cash because of a moral position from Vlad... actually the poor pettles did not even have to sit on the sidelines in case they got hurt feelings...
Not sure we will agree on this @BOZO and we don't need to... but I have more time for people that support and contribute to Manly (Penn) than those who undermine us (the 7).... I do not give a flying fig about their reasoning...

And they can exercise that democratic right by finding a club that aligns with their values...
All clubs are aligned with democratic rights

No other club pissed off their polynesian people accept for ours

We will agree to disagree
Have good day feathered friend Frank

You make this ridiculous and disgusting assertion against anybody that either support the 7's rights to their belief's, or even just want virtue signalling issues kept out of sport ..

you are becoming a joke ...
Your fear is affecting your eyesight perhaps? I didn’t mention virtue signalling, nor the devout 7.

Shall I spell it out for you again? Those who aren’t bothered by discrimination against gays don’t want the NRL or Manly to bring up anything to do with rainbows again.

Are they the only ones who don’t want the NRL to bring it up again? No. Maybe not. Maybe people who do support gay rights but just don’t think its relevant to NRL because (well they may have some reasons, who knows what they’d be?)

If you are in that group feel free to say so, and give your reason if you want. And I’m really sorry that I’ve upset you so much. You don’t have to answer if you find it too distressing. Maybe a cuppa tea and a lie down till your nerves settle?

Your fear is affecting your eyesight perhaps? I didn’t mention virtue signalling, nor the devout 7.

Shall I spell it out for you again? Those who aren’t bothered by discrimination against gays don’t want the NRL or Manly to bring up anything to do with rainbows again.

Are they the only ones who don’t want the NRL to bring it up again? No. Maybe not. Maybe people who do support gay rights but just don’t think its relevant to NRL because (well they may have some reasons, who knows what they’d be?)

If you are in that group feel free to say so, and give your reason if you want. And I’m really sorry that I’ve upset you so much. You don’t have to answer if you find it too distressing. Maybe a cuppa tea and a lie down till your nerves settle?
This morning’s news tells us of a Palestinian who was murdered for being gay.
While less common than it used to be, gay people are still executed regularly in the name of religion.
Gays don’t execute religious people.
So religious beliefs as a reason not to promote inclusivity does not and will never wash with me.
And they were given the very real out of it not being about gays but inclusivity for all.
So, again, they can **** right off.

This example of Woodsies and SER8's argument

Is the Penn Marketing affect is still having on Manly people

Good leaders unite their people they do not divide them

Lift your Game Mr Penn . Des is not the only one that underachieved

See the source image

This morning’s news tells us of a Palestinian who was murdered for being gay.
While less common than it used to be, gay people are still executed regularly in the name of religion.
Gays don’t execute religious people.
So religious beliefs as a reason not to promote inclusivity does not and will never wash with me.
And they were given the very real out of it not being about gays but inclusivity for all.
So, again, they can **** right off.

Yes they can, although my attitude to them softened somewhat in the days after this all blew up. Their religious convictions (details of which are yet to be revealed) I put under the general heading of ignorance (without apology to our religious members)(and obviously some will disagree). For that reason I would always want to give people an opportunity to consider their view from angles they may never have come acrosss before. But having had that opportunity, if they've considered those other angles but still choose to persist with bigotted attitudes, I don't know how I could ever cheer for them.

This example of Woodsies and SER8's argument

Is the Penn Marketing affect is still having on Manly people

Good leaders unite their people they do not divide them

Lift your Game Mr Penn . Des is not the only one that underachieved
It's a tad hard to know what Woodsie's argument s because all he does is shout and abuse, not explain.
Regardless - while it might sound like a truism to say a good leader unites, there are things in this world that we should not stand behind, and there are groups and ideologies that we should not unite with.
An example from recent past, Trump's comment about "very fine people on both sides". One side had neo-nazis.
I agree that dividing people for no benefit or purpose is a terrible thing to do. But don't you agree Bozo, that in the jerseygate scenario, the point was "everyone in league", ie, let's not divide people? We had a group of players who could not support that, they wanted/needed/believed there was a group that should be divided and not accepted.

. But don't you agree Bozo, that in the jerseygate scenario, the point was "everyone in league", ie, let's not divide people? We had a group of players who could not support that, they wanted/needed/believed there was a group that should be divided and not accepted.
Your theory is not practical feathered friend

and this is why ,

If Penn Marketing had put a crucifix on our jersey to promote world peace for Easter
How would the atheists , the moslems , the hindus and the jews feel ?

They would all feel divided just like the Magnificent 7

See the source image

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10