The not-so Magnificent 7

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So a jersey designed last November was part of a Management plan to sabotage the season and have the team miss the top 8 on purpose, to get the Coach sacked???

Obviously @Matai's shoulder lol

Despicable Me Lol GIF

Last edited:
I was informed by reliable sources that certain officials, with an axe to grind with the coach, organised the Gay Pride scenario to undermine the rest of the season, which would ( and eventually did ) trigger renewal clauses in that coaches' future contract.

Don't ask me for more details, but I am sure that many league journalists will be easily able to dig up a culprit, knowing that he/they are often a source of insider scuttlebutt, amenable to that official's agenda.

Pig's tit !!

It may be no coincidence the magnificent ones numbered 7

"In the book of Revelation, there are seven churches, seven angels to the seven churches, seven seals, seven trumpet plagues, seven thunders and the seven last plagues. The first resurrection of the dead takes place at the seventh trumpet"

Not sure how the rest of you Silvertailers feel about these guys but I am still absolutely fuming. The Des situation currently getting all the focus and attention as it should but lets assume this will be sorted out shortly. Lets also assume we have a new coach. What would you do with these guys?

Personally I have never seen a game or a team or a club get boycotted like that before. I am pretty sure their religion is also against gambling and alcohol but they are quite happy to play for a club that gets sponsored by organisations involved with gambling and alcohol. Quite happy to bank the money they get from that club. But incredibly they choose "inclusiveness" to take a conscientious / ethical stand against and of course, to torpedo our season. Hypocrites? Would you have a guy like that play for our club? What would you do if you were the new Coach and / or the new CEO?
1. Do nothing/ Ignore?
2. If the case, what about our 2023 poisition (that's not a spelling mistake)?
3. Sack all 7?
4. Find out who instigated the whole sorry saga.... and sack him?
Well if your Haneen Zreika in the AFLW you're celebrated for standing up for what you believe in. And guess what, her team mates all support her decision to not be picked this weekend. Here's something novel....how about not using footballers for social or political support. There!!... problem solved.

Manly needs a purge and rebuild. I am sure that some of the seven/ten will be part of that purge. It's got **** all to do with race or religion. It will only be about who is perceived as the best fit for the club, under the new coaching regime.

A Message to Mr Penn

Talent comes from all race and religions .

Smart club Leaders find ways to unite their players and fans and not divide them

See the source image

I was informed by reliable sources that certain officials, with an axe to grind with the coach, organised the Gay Pride scenario to undermine the rest of the season, which would ( and eventually did ) trigger renewal clauses in that coaches' future contract.

Don't ask me for more details, but I am sure that many league journalists will be easily able to dig up a culprit, knowing that he/they are often a source of insider scuttlebutt, amenable to that official's agenda.

Sorry Guys,

I was just auditioning for a job at The Daily Telegraph!

I only got 4 bites; I will have to be more unbelievable next time.

The players signed up to play footy for manly not be virtue signallers. How about Penn goes for causing such a rift, the bloke is a melon.
Yeah, no argument that Penn is an A-grade melon. But you know what? I'd rather the players had signalled their virtue than their bigotry and homophobia. It would have also been nice for them to have been committed to their teammates and team.

Sorry Guys,

I was just auditioning for a job at The Daily Telegraph!

I only got 4 bites; I will have to be more unbelievable next time.
It’s not as outlandish as you think.

When Interim CEO Gary from Pt Piper didn’t back Hasler’s comments after the first Faecalmatta game of the season, you knew Des was in trouble. The jersey saga has provided a convenient sop for Scott’s Playpenn to move Hasler on.

Yeah, no argument that Penn is an A-grade melon. But you know what? I'd rather the players had signalled their virtue than their bigotry and homophobia. It would have also been nice for them to have been committed to their teammates and team.
Sorry, strongly disagree. People shouldn’t just lie down and let corporates use them as slaves for their rainbow parading. I wouldn’t force my employees to wear something that wasn’t part of their standard work uniform.

Sorry, strongly disagree. People shouldn’t just lie down and let corporates use them as slaves for their rainbow parading. I wouldn’t force my employees to wear something that wasn’t part of their standard work uniform.
Okay, but I'm guessing that your employees' standard work uniform isn't already essentially a billboard that is regularly used to promote corporate sponsors and causes.

So again, what is wrong with corporations and businesses supporting causes, particularly causes like equality and inclusion? Is it the messaging itself or the content of the message that is so offensive?

Okay, but I'm guessing that your employees' standard work uniform isn't already essentially a billboard that is regularly used to promote corporate sponsors and causes.

So again, what is wrong with corporations and businesses supporting causes, particularly causes like equality and inclusion? Is it the messaging itself or the content of the message that is so offensive?

So, are you saying that if the message on the shirt was vote No for Gay marriage ... you would have happily been a contender for employee of the month and worn it ... or would you have thought that your opinions are none of your employer's business .. and that expecting you to wear it was an intrusion on both your beliefs and rights ...

Well if your Haneen Zreika in the AFLW you're celebrated for standing up for what you believe in. And guess what, her team mates all support her decision to not be picked this weekend. Here's something novel....how about not using footballers for social or political support. There!!... problem solved.
She's probably a crap player

Most of the 7 are Mormons, not Christians. The Mormon faith does not permit the things listed.

But I don't want to flog a dead horse, so will leave it at that.
Really? Mormons aren't Christians?? You clearly have no idea about either Moromonism or Christianity.

For your info: Mormons are colloquially so-called because they follow and believe in a scripture called "The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ". But, more formerly they belong to "The Church of Jesus CHRIST and the Latter Day Saints". So, as followers of "Christ" that means they are therefore CHRISTians.

Well, it's happened now, nothing we can do about it. What matters is how we learned from the exercise, and how we'll move forward with that added knowledge.

So, are you saying that if the message on the shirt was vote No for Gay marriage ... you would have happily been a contender for employee of the month and worn it ... or would you have thought that your opinions are none of your employer's business .. and that expecting you to wear it was an intrusion on both your beliefs and rights ...
I love it when these outlandish "But what about?" arguments come out, but yes, that is exactly what I am saying. Because for a footy player, a footy jersey is part of the standard work uniform. You don't have any say in the colours or design, you don't have any say in the sponsors chosen, you don't have any say in supporting Indigenous round or the Women in League round or the ANZAC round, so what makes a rainbow stripe so different?

So yeah, I'd wear it. And I'd be happy in the knowledge that a "Vote No for Gay Marriage" jersey did not reflect my personal views or opinions and only reflected poorly on the club. As a footy player, I might even use my access to the media to make it very clear to everyone that I found the messaging abhorrent and thought it was a horrible mistake on the part of the club, but I'd still wear the jersey and play the game. I would also hope that a large portion of the crowd would boo me and my teammates, maybe even throw rotten fruit at us, but at least we'd all be in it together.

And speaking of rotten fruits… I would have had far more respect for the players involved if they'd simply come out and said, "We don't like poofs", or, "My religion teaches me that homosexuality is wrong" rather than hiding behind the "cultural and religious beliefs" line. You've got cultural and religious beliefs? Have the courage to tell everybody exactly what they are and why they preclude you from taking part in a game of football.

Well, it's happened now, nothing we can do about it. What matters is how we learned from the exercise, and how we'll move forward with that added knowledge.
I'm almost certain that none of us learned anything, Ryan, and that nobody's views were changed one way or the other:)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8