The not-so Magnificent 7

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
What a shame that email is today's main form of communication. What ever happened to having a chat in person? Don't the two blokes work at the same place, or have face-to-face contact regularly?
If email is the only form of communication these two important cogs in our organisation indulge in then it's no wonder problems arise.

What a shame that email is today's main form of communication. What ever happened to having a chat in person? Don't the two blokes work at the same place, or have face-to-face contact regularly?
If email is the only form of communication these two important cogs in our organisation indulge in then it's no wonder problems arise.
Email is important in a work sense cause then you have a record of what has been discussed.

Looks like it is Bonasera is the one that dropped the ball here

As this thread proves, jerseygate still lurks unresolved in the background. And those happy for gays to continue to face discrimation harassment and worse are urging that the issue never surfaces again in the NRL, or at least certainly not at Manly. Good luck with that.

The push to accept people regardless of sexuality is not being driven by woke businessmen, it's being driven by the womens game. Let's face it, women playing rugby league clearly haven't complied with the narrow gender roles society laid out for them. Be gentle, passive. That's 'feminine'. And while you're at it, smile, look pretty, do the cooking and cleaning, respect the man as head of the household. (Who, that philandering drunk? Yeah, right.) lol

Pro sports have been driving acceptance of lesbianism going way back. In 1975 Billie Jean King denied she was a lesbian (finally came out in 1981) but by the 80s Martina was openly gay as she dominated womens tennis.

When Women in League Round began in NRL in 2007 it was all about male players thanking their mums and grandmas for driving them to training and running cake stalls and sausage sizzles. These days it’s about women in league at all levels, from paid players in NRLW right up to the boardroom.

So while we can see plenty of players - and fans - stuck with values more in line with the 1940s, 50s, and 60s, they can't deny this: though things change slowly, change they do.

Gotta disagree with that. The red flag in the title "The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ" is the word "Another". There is only the New Testament to where eye witness account is closer to the claims and life of Jesus. Joseph Smith was 1800 yrs after the the last book of the bible was written. His account is not trust worthy.
The focus of my post was not intended to be a theological debate on the authenticity of Christian sects and their holy books but merely on linguistics. My point wasn't whether their scripture is trustworthy or not but simply that they have a scripture which according to them is a testament of Christ, and as that is the case, and as the name of their church suggests, they are followers of Christ. Therefore they too are Christians - it's where the word "Christian" derives from, that is from the word "Christ".

The focus of my post was not intended to be a theological debate on the authenticity of Christian sects and their holy books but merely on linguistics. My point wasn't whether their scripture is trustworthy or not but simply that they have a scripture which according to them is a testament of Christ, and as that is the case, and as the name of their church suggests, they are followers of Christ. Therefore they too are Christians - it's where the word "Christian" derives from, that is from the word "Christ".
Sweet Jebus!
I hope that never ending religious thread has been purged from the site :rofl:

So a i st grade coach of Des 's experience and longevity level is or was not capable of restoring or lifting a side to a good or acceptable competitive level after a one off disruptive week . Maybe the club should sue Des for his inability to at least engender some normal routine or manageable or expectant performance level again . What if the so called magnificent 7 were unavailable with covid , would he have some grounds to sue the club then for some supposed negligence . Or maybe he could sue a couple of the players who did still play with the inclusive jersey emblems , whose form then was very average and below par in some following games . Not only doing the club and players a serious disservice if these reports are accurate , just harming his own reputation which had already taken a major hit following his previous exits from Manly and the Dogs . But maybe in Des 's case just trying to extract maximum money or financial benefit trumps everything irrespective of how much disruption and damage he may do to a club in the process of being shown the door

@God , where are you ?

after a one off disruptive week .
Lol, to me that is minimising what occurred to the point of absurdity. Have you ever heard in NRL history of half a team refusing to play when their season is on the line? I haven't!

And just "one week"?? Rumours of resultant ongoing tensions among players persisted for the rest of the year. To this very day! And not surprisingly. And as I have mentioned previously, even if the players were no longer consciously blaming each other, the morale and focus was clearly shattered.

Yes Des could have fixed all that. Maybe. In theory. But really? This was an unprecedented disruption and it's possible there's not a living soul on earth that could have got Manly's season back on track.

are you kidding ,,,,please dear god tell me that is not the case ,I nearly give up if that is true .
Talk about Turkeys voting for thanks giving ,,,
Yeah, if Penn gets his US game (targeted for Round 1) he's come out and said they would have a Rainbow jumper. It's all about the PR he'll get. More money in this one game to be made than a whole season at Brookie.

And those happy for gays to continue to face discrimation harassment and worse are urging that the issue never surfaces again in the NRL, or at least certainly not at Manly

What a disgusting and atrocious accusation to throw at people for having a different opinion to yours ... you really have a problem with democracy and the individual rights of the people.

Your statements are starting to echo the wisdom of your hero Putin ... just say any shiite to discredit and silence opposing views.

Lol, to me that is minimising what occurred to the point of absurdity. Have you ever heard in NRL history of half a team refusing to play when their season is on the line? I haven't!

And just "one week"?? Rumours of resultant ongoing tensions among players persisted for the rest of the year. To this very day! And not surprisingly. And as I have mentioned previously, even if the players were no longer consciously blaming each other, the morale and focus was clearly shattered.

Yes Des could have fixed all that. Maybe. In theory. But really? This was an unprecedented disruption and it's possible there's not a living soul on earth that could have got Manly's season back on track.
so on that premise , Des should be suing the magnificent 7 instead ? The 7 in reality would not have played whether Des was previously informed or well in advance which is under some apparent conjecture Certainly on the higher side of disruptive but the coach then has no serious responsibility to succeed to pull the side together again ? Or the players or majority who did play not under some obligation to just get on with things or just mainly focus on their own games to do well Or make very effort to reconcile matters and again just get their own acts together . .

so on that premise , Des should be suing the magnificent 7 instead ? The 7 in reality would not have played whether Des was previously informed or well in advance which is under some apparent conjecture Certainly on the higher side of disruptive but the coach then has no serious responsibility to succeed to pull the side together again ? Or the players or majority who did play not under some obligation to just get on with things or just mainly focus on their own games to do well Or make very effort to reconcile matters and again just get their own acts together . .

I mean, at the game you couldn't really tell the difference. Why couldn't they just allow those 7 to wear the normal jerseys, and the rest wear the inclusivity jerseys? Problem solved for everyone.

... The players were happy to play .. sans the jersey ... it was the NRL that effectively stopped them playing by saying they couldn't .... so, maybe Dessie should try suing the NRL

Sack Des, move the 7 on quietly, make the jersey a permanent fixture that new recruits are fully aware of and move TF on...
Yes, some are good players but who cares, good players come and go whilst we are screwed for years to come and NOBODY should be able to hold a club to ransom...

... The players were happy to play .. sans the jersey ... it was the NRL that effectively stopped them playing by saying they couldn't .... so, maybe Dessie should try suing the NRL
The problem with all this is what we haven't heard.

We have not heard the NRL say that the ones that objected could not wear the white stripes (great band). I had heard the offer was made but sections within the club blah blah blah (great tv show).

And we have never heard a word from the seven about why they didn't play. And this is the part that sticks hard in my craw. Mice not men.

The problem with all this is what we haven't heard.

We have not heard the NRL say that the ones that objected could not wear the white stripes (great band). I had heard the offer was made but sections within the club blah blah blah (great tv show).

And we have never heard a word from the seven about why they didn't play. And this is the part that sticks hard in my craw. Mice not men.

Yeah, nobody is covering themselves in glory over the whole clusterfukk ... just shows that even good intentions can become undone without simple communication ...

There is so much uneducated guesswork going on in these threads around Rainbowgate. Can I suggest that the true facts will ALL come out pretty soon. In the interim please bat on with the highly entertaining conjecture and innuendo. We all know how well this has worked for Peter Peters et al.

This entire thread highlights a massive issue in society as a whole right now, being the ability to respectfully disagree. If anyone takes the side of the religious, they're automatically branded a bigot etc. If they take the side of the rainbow jersey they're woke.

Regardless of beliefs/woke culture the entire issue is a huge cluster**** from the club. We had a plebiscite a few years back, the result being that about 60% supported gay marriage etc. Even with the best of intentions, this means that the club was willing to piss off potentially 40% of their fans. And to what end? Are we suddenly going to gather an untapped fan base of gay persons or woke supporters? I would consider it to be unlikely but happy to be proven wrong.

There has been some questions about the players and their poor performances on the back end of the year. A couple of points to consider...

1. Some of those players are pretty junior, and it's a gruelling 26 round competition. It's hard to stay up for that long even with the best coaching.
2. Imagine the scrutiny that each of those seven players endured. Can you tell me that you would perform at your peak when the media, and supposedly your own supporters are bashing you?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10