The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yep that's fair and once Brooks was signed his 5/8 days were over. I take your point about him playing 5/8 that day (I didn't realise Foz was out). But I think he will be playing as a ball playing loose forward, so he may find himself in a similar position in attack at times anyway.

Just for a more relevant comparison, I've also attached the Tigers game from that same period. Foz is playing this game and I just note the footwork and leg speed he had back then when he sets up Chez. We just need him back at that level and he'll do well for us in the forwards.

Yeah that was an amazing game on
Anzac say. Dce, schuster foz and Turbo were in sublime form. If only we could get back to playing like that again

The guy doesn't have a smart footballing brain. Evidence of this was last game when he kicked for Parker from the intercept. He'd already looked and saw it was Parker - if it were Saab the pass would have happened 20m downfield. Instead he kicks it. Do you think Munster does that? Of course not. No game awareness.

The guy is all flash with no substance. Every play has to try and be the no look pass, or the miracle ball, or the hero play.

I have no confidence at all that he is going to make even a half decent back rower. I don't see him running onto the ball into gaps like good back rowers do (look at Carrigan now he's been put that bit wider at the Broncos). Maybe he might set up the odd try for his centre or winger, but I don't see it being a regular occurrence.

Bryce Cartwright, Kane Elgey, Ash Taylor, Jayden Brailey, Jake Clifford. What do these 5 have in common? They were the last 5 Holden Cup players of the year. Can't really say any of them have gone on to be superstars now have they? A lot easier to dominate against boys than men.

For me, he is at best a bench player, maybe a potential impact player. But I'm not sure he even has that. Reece Walsh is everything Schuster wishes he could be, and 10x more.

The guy is 22 years old. Unless he's still hampered by injury then there's no reason why he has lost that pace and elusiveness. He needs to find that form next year or it'll need to be cya later. He's as slow as Woods at the moment. Just embarrassing for him really.

The guy doesn't have a smart footballing brain. Evidence of this was last game when he kicked for Parker from the intercept. He'd already looked and saw it was Parker - if it were Saab the pass would have happened 20m downfield. Instead he kicks it. Do you think Munster does that? Of course not. No game awareness.

The guy is all flash with no substance. Every play has to try and be the no look pass, or the miracle ball, or the hero play.

I have no confidence at all that he is going to make even a half decent back rower. I don't see him running onto the ball into gaps like good back rowers do (look at Carrigan now he's been put that bit wider at the Broncos). Maybe he might set up the odd try for his centre or winger, but I don't see it being a regular occurrence.

Bryce Cartwright, Kane Elgey, Ash Taylor, Jayden Brailey, Jake Clifford. What do these 5 have in common? They were the last 5 Holden Cup players of the year. Can't really say any of them have gone on to be superstars now have they? A lot easier to dominate against boys than men.

For me, he is at best a bench player, maybe a potential impact player. But I'm not sure he even has that. Reece Walsh is everything Schuster wishes he could be, and 10x more.
It seemed such a dumb play. Schuster did not have the pace and had Parker beside him. From memory there were 3 penriths players to cover. He had 2 sensible options 1. take the tackle and have Parker as dummy half 2. pass to Parker and he would have made 5 - 10 metres more and go to dummy half. or his option ie kick it. Just dumb play!!

Yep that's fair and once Brooks was signed his 5/8 days were over. I take your point about him playing 5/8 that day (I didn't realise Foz was out). But I think he will be playing as a ball playing loose forward, so he may find himself in a similar position in attack at times anyway.

Just for a more relevant comparison, I've also attached the Tigers game from that same period. Foz is playing this game and I just note the footwork and leg speed he had back then when he sets up Chez. We just need him back at that level and he'll do well for us in the forwards.

Wow I miss watching this!!

I worry that he's not going to have a long NRL career if he doesn't apply himself a bit more.

Played at second row in his first stint tonight, 27 minutes, 8 tackles, 0 runs and 1 knock-on.

Edit: There wasn't a second stint so those were his final match stats.

Last edited:
Costume Party Clown GIF by Halloween Party

He was shocking tonight
Just so poor
He cost us when we were up by 6 in the second half early then his crazy pass and from there we gave warriors all the momentum that for me was where we said we lost the match.
He is so lost as a player right now.

He was shocking tonight
Just so poor
He cost us when we were up by 6 in the second half early then his crazy pass and from there we gave warriors all the momentum that for me was where we said we lost the match.
He is so lost as a player right now.
There's no doubt the guy is an immense talent. He's lost all confidence at the moment. The injuries, the contract bullsht, the pressure he's been put under , mostly by his ar*eclown manager, looks to me like it's cracked him.

There's no doubt the guy is an immense talent. He's lost all confidence at the moment. The injuries, the contract bullsht, the pressure he's been put under , mostly by his ar*eclown manager, looks to me like it's cracked him.
Hasler dropped him last season because he was fat & slow but was up early every morning personal training him to get him into shape. Schu just needs to work very hard on fitness. He's not first grade fit at the moment.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8