The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
People questioning the Garrick resigning ? FMD
The Garrick signing was as much about ability as it was about character too. Along with Jake T, he is clearly the most stand up person at the club. No dickhead about him whatsoever and just a competitor with an outstanding work ethic. I would have been gutted to lose a guy that is clearly a great role model for others at the club. He was a huge signing when the Knights were offering him a fullback jumper and good coin. Shows the type of person he is to stick with Manly.

Schuster needs the next 2 games to be like Friday night's performance for 80 minutes to be match fit , also without injury and Jake back ,we're looking good for the build up to the finals .The most enjoying for me at the game was the minimal errors we made and the speed we have in attack .Even Aloiai didn't drop the ball .

We have offered the Shu $2.5m over 3 years to extend until 2027. That’s about $830k per year.
If he stays fit and on the park could be a great move by the club

I would suspect that will be the first shot across the bow. I wouldn't be surprised if he is offered about 1.2 million a season elsewhere. Therefore I suspect this wont be the last offer made. If they get within about $200,000 of the best offer, I think he'll stay. At the moment its bargaining day and the bartering process has begun. Depends on how much Manly are prepared to pay compared with other offers.

We have offered the Shu $2.5m over 3 years to extend until 2027. That’s about $830k per year.
Think we may have to offer $3mil to keep him. Is that worth it ???
Yes if he stays fit, injury free and plays to his potential.
No if he continues to serves up the last 12 months worth.

It is amazing how the media can speculate on some guys salaries then say nothing about others.
Haumole got a much deserved contract upgrade earlier this year, but no scuttlebug on what $$ the upgrade was.

Yet media on Schu has him 800k one week, oh wrong, only 600k this year, he is about to be sacked by Manly and going to Tigers, Schu comes out saying he ain't going anywhere, tigers then say he is not on their radar, then a figure of 1.2 mill is touted as what it may take for Schu to leave manly and now manly have offered his a 3 year extension.
All this schiit in the past month.

It is amazing how the media can speculate on some guys salaries then say nothing about others.
Haumole got a much deserved contract upgrade earlier this year, but no scuttlebug on what $$ the upgrade was.

Yet media on Schu has him 800k one week, oh wrong, only 600k this year, he is about to be sacked by Manly and going to Tigers, Schu comes out saying he ain't going anywhere, tigers then say he is not on their radar, then a figure of 1.2 mill is touted as what it may take for Schu to leave manly and now manly have offered his a 3 year extension.
Welcome to the flea market.

Schuster is the clue that has Manly firing as one .We have watched him play and all he wants to do is create room and plays for his team mates to explore .I think he is waiting till he is fully fit and clear of the niggling injuries before he starts running at the defenses .Let's go Manly .

Schuster is the clue that has Manly firing as one .We have watched him play and all he wants to do is create room and plays for his team mates to explore .I think he is waiting till he is fully fit and clear of the niggling injuries before he starts running at the defenses .Let's go Manly .

And yet if he has a bad game next week some will want to sell him off. Ahh. The fickle finger of fate rides again, Rowan and Martin

most of the rumors start in places like here.

I was just reading in the SMH Manly is offering him $2.5 m over 4 years. Has that already been discussed somewhere?

I was just reading in the SMH Manly is offering him $2.5 m over 4 years. Has that already been discussed somewhere?
$625K a year seems right at this stage of his career, but I'm sure others will offer more, he needs incentives built in to his contract

Yes on this page about 6 posts prior.

you sure it's 4 years? as reported as 3 years, which makes more sense than 4 years if we believe he is on 800k next year.

you sure it's 4 years? as reported as 3 years, which makes more sense than 4 years if we believe he is on 800k next year.
The article definitely says 4 years so I guess its a typo.

It was my mistake - it was Foxsports not the SMH. Clearly seems like a typo.

The Samoan international is contracted until the end of the 2024 season, meaning rivals can table their offers later this season.

But according to The Daily Telegraph, Manly powerbrokers will reportedly table a four-year $2.5 million offer to secure his services until the end of 2027.

“We don’t want him going anywhere,” Manly boss Tony Mestrov said.

Last edited:

Our offer is a contract from the start of 2025 till the end of 2027 which is 3 years.
He is currently signed with us until the end on 2024

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4