The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Y
These reactive, panic signings worry me.

Garrick may leave. Promised positional change and bigger money.
Schuster may leave. On massive dollars already, getting re-upped already.
Koula may go to Rah Rah's. Massive offer to stave them off.

Are we paying too much for players that haven't won jack-**** yet? These deals may completely ruin our ability to get some actual talent that can possibly win some real games of footy.

Secondly, please piss Flannagan off, regardless of whether he gets the job or not. We want Manly people at Manly. Mercenaries only create apathy. That's why the Chooks pissed Ryles off, and why they'd have demanded his loyalty right from the start (unlike the turnstyle Manly approach)
Yeah I know there is another thread But this Flanagan stuff is insanity. We just cleaned three coaches out six months ago and now we hired a strong assistant coach and he only lasts 12 games. This is a disaster. What’s with all this commentary by siebold on what a great job he has done and what a good coach he is etc - he’s been here 12 games and we have looked pretty ordinary in most of them.

I bet deep down Tony Mestrov is thinking I missed a trick here. It’s all good to say we want our assistant coaches to get head coaching jobs but surely not after 12 games. 2 or 3 years sure - but 12 games. Wtf

Last edited:
Olakau - atu was due or deserving of an upgrade but very relevant on your other points . Tartak does seem a bit out of control , has to be some limits surely on supposedly looking after a players best interests or some of his methods associated with it .
Look no doubt Olakau’atu was due but it's getting pathetic. We won't ever have depth on roster with Tom, Jake, dce and schuster taking up best part of 40 percent of cap.
Josh needs to piss tartak off he a piece of ****. Trouble is he manages Latu fainu as well.

These reactive, panic signings worry me.

Garrick may leave. Promised positional change and bigger money.
Schuster may leave. On massive dollars already, getting re-upped already.
Koula may go to Rah Rah's. Massive offer to stave them off.

Are we paying too much for players that haven't won jack-**** yet? These deals may completely ruin our ability to get some actual talent that can possibly win some real games of footy.

Secondly, please piss Flannagan off, regardless of whether he gets the job or not. We want Manly people at Manly. Mercenaries only create apathy. That's why the Chooks pissed Ryles off, and why they'd have demanded his loyalty right from the start (unlike the turnstyle Manly approach)
Agreed Ryan, koula a complete liability in defence, Garrick is stupid by a ceo who is not the coach.
Schuster manager seems to of already got his way given this has been spat out.

i wouldnt be negotiating jack**** with schusters manager. if his manager calls i would be politely saying we are still test driving him in the fast lane.
given a fair few maintenance issues .

if he is as good as you say let form dictate his price at seasons end. talk in september

right now they are asking to sign him on potential while stll under contract. SUSSSSS as

time to tell mario to eat a bag full of..........
whoa nearly started a debate but pulled out early

maybe the issue is fainu, schuster and DCE dont go into 2 and by the end of 2024 we will know what works best you would imagine. DCE end of 25 . its ugly

i wouldnt be negotiating jack**** with schusters manager. if his manager calls i would be politely saying we are still test driving him in the fast lane.
given a fair few maintenance issues .

if he is as good as you say let form dictate his price at seasons end. talk in september

right now they are asking to sign him on potential while stll under contract. SUSSSSS as

time to tell mario to eat a bag full of..........
whoa nearly started a debate but pulled out early

maybe the issue is fainu, schuster and DCE dont go into 2 and by the end of 2024 we will know what works best you would imagine. DCE end of 25 . its ugly

Surely DCE goes into the 9/14 role, even as early as mid next season, if they deem Fainu as ready.

I keep saying DCE would have been the best 9 in the game for the last decade, if we had any balls.

Surely DCE goes into the 9/14 role, even as early as mid next season, if they deem Fainu as ready.

I keep saying DCE would have been the best 9 in the game for the last decade, if we had any balls.
even this season all his best runs have been from dummy half

im sure mario will be pushing for latus upgrades after very try assist.
it could be a very expensive spine
might need to sign jetski again

Y

Yeah I know there is another thread But this Flanagan stuff is insanity. We just cleaned three coaches out six months ago and now we hired a strong assistant coach and he only lasts 12 games. This is a disaster. What’s with all this commentary by siebold on what a great job he has done and what a good coach he is etc - he’s been here 12 games and we have looked pretty ordinary in most of them.

I bet deep down Tony Mestrov is thinking I missed a trick here. It’s all good to say we want our assistant coaches to get head coaching jobs but surely not after 12 games. 2 or 3 years sure - but 12 games. Wtf
Seibold may be doing ok at ‘man management’ as it relates to Flanno, but he is flunking in stakeholder management (on this) as it relates to us the fans

Its one thing to sing out "show me the money" but actions speak louder than words. So show us the goods on the football field on a consistent basis. Lest see where he is at in 6 weeks time.

So Schu haters. What did he do wrong tonight?

To me he looked like he is improving his fitness nicely which is improving his D, ran a couple of times and looked classy as ever with the ball in hand.
Not a hater ,but don't think he yet deserves a big chunk of our salary cap yet either !
Had a good game tonight .
Still needs match fitness though .
Really looking forward to him being dangerous every time he touches the ball for 80 minutes (consistently)...

So Schu haters. What did he do wrong tonight?

To me he looked like he is improving his fitness nicely which is improving his D, ran a couple of times and looked classy as ever with the ball in hand.
He was good last night… thing that impressed me most was his effort to get to Hammer in the last play…
He did not make the tackle but he made the extra effort to try to get there (which is something I have been critical of him for not doing previously)

Last night was one of those games where every little thing came off for the team (and Dolphins were WT-level woeful)… hopefully this acts as a springboard and our team can stay in games and prevail when it is a grind and we are not getting the little things going our way…

Its not today we should be considering his financial worth. Its for tomorrow. Imagine playing against him. Yes to a big chunk of salary if we want to keep him. This team needed a lynchpin. It was all over the shop in recent years. Suddenly the backline is firing with all but one try scored by the outside backs. Says it all.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4