The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I hope you are right and that he is fully fit soon.

He needs to be busting tackles with the extra weight he carries as a half, otherwise he needs to lose a lot of weight. At the moment being a large #6 is doing nothing but slowing him down, affecting his endurance and contributing to niggling injuries.
Or he just keeps creating try assists.

Schuster is getting better with every game. He played with a lot of energy against the fins and defended quite well. The more games he plays the better. His size is an advantage he just needs to work on his acceleration over the first 5 to 10 metres.

Interesting point about the offer being made by Manly and the confusing contract claims being made regarding his existing contract. Manly isn't going to pay less for this potential star. If he was offered $650,000 per year over 4 years that would make the claim he was on $850,000 already absurd. If the offer is $850,000 over 3 years again it seems unlikely Manly would be offering the same as what he is already receiving. My guess is he has been on quite a bit less than has been claimed in some news services and causing some panic and claims of overpayment on this site. Manly obviously value this player. They aren't going to offer less than he is already earning and unlikely to offer only the same as he is presently earning. Just a thought.

Interesting point about the offer being made by Manly and the confusing contract claims being made regarding his existing contract. Manly isn't going to pay less for this potential star. If he was offered $650,000 per year over 4 years that would make the claim he was on $850,000 already absurd. If the offer is $850,000 over 3 years again it seems unlikely Manly would be offering the same as what he is already receiving. My guess is he has been on quite a bit less than has been claimed in some news services and causing some panic and claims of overpayment on this site. Manly obviously value this player. They aren't going to offer less than he is already earning and unlikely to offer only the same as he is presently earning. Just a thought.
Why does the NRL allow speculation about players' salaries continue to fester? It causes distrust in the integrity of the Cap and how certain clubs operate.
Just publish the salaries which appear on official NRL contracts and everybody will be better informed.

Or he just keeps creating try assists.
I've got no complaints about his ability to create tries. I just think he can play to his potential more if he used his size better or dropped some weight. He was playing in a dinner suit against the Dolphins and that's going to limit his effectiveness against better teams

DCE is a good runner of the ball and he has assisted or scored a lot of tries by being quick enough to exploit a gap or by being a support runner. Schuster can't do that because he's too slow, but he has the potential to be quicker or to bust tackles if he got fit enough. Schuster has all the skills but he needs to add more strings to his bow otherwise he is eventually going to get found out.

Last edited:
I've got no complaints about his ability to create tries. I just think he can play to his potential more if he used his size better or dropped some weight. He was playing in a dinner suit against the Dolphins and that's going to limit his effectiveness against better teams

DCE is a good runner of the ball and he has assisted or scored a lot of tries by being quick enough to exploit a gap or by being a support runner. Schuster can't do that because he's too slow, but he has the potential to be quicker or to bust tackles if he got fit enough. Schuster has all the skills but he needs to add more strings to his bow otherwise he is eventually going to get found out.

I can see where you're coming from QR and some of what you say seems valid.

However, and there is always an however. Firstly looking at Schuster's skill with the ball. There are only four players with a try assist average this year over one a game. Schuster is only just shaded into second place by Cody Walker, despite having had two games where he was obviously unfit/injured. Cody Walker is the best ball playing five eighth at present. But then he's 33 and has loads of experience. Schuster is 22.

Defensively this year Schuste, despite some criticism here, has got a tackle efficiency of 88.5%. Walker 87.8%. .Just in his short career at 5/8 he is already challenging top tier ball players. Sure he's a big package but that's to his advantage, as will, I suspect, be seen as the years go by.

omparing his speed with DCE is a little heavy. DCE would have to be one of if not the fastest half in the game at present. Manly has speed to burn (Bozo would be beside himself with joy) with Turbo, Saab, Koula and DCE and Garrick is no slow coach. Schuster isnt there for speed. he's there to get the ball to those who have speed. He's a ball player not a fleet footed centre/winger. Cliff Lyons was never that fast, but his deceptive actions opened the game for him.

Schuster has only just started his career at five eighth. He's still feeling his way. He'll make mistakes. But already we can see just how dangerous and clever he can become. Let him develop. He'll get there. Patience required.

Eels match is a big game for Schu.
We need him with a clear head, as even though he's only had half a dozen games at 6 he'll actually be our senior half, and we'll have a rookie fullback too.
Of course the whole team needs to stand up, but if we do get the points it will be a massive feather in Schu's cap.

If Manly don’t beat Parta without Moses and Dylan Brown they are kidding themselves and Schuster ain’t worth the paper he’s printed on.

Seriously this should be a 20 point win. Don’t care what the odds say.

No excuses.

NYEagle

If Manly don’t beat Parta without Moses and Dylan Brown they are kidding themselves and Schuster ain’t worth the paper he’s printed on.

No excuses.

NYEagle
Parra fans are probably thinking if we can’t beat Manly with them missing DCE, Turbo & Jake at Parra’a home ground they aren’t worth much either.

It’s an important game for both sides who both dearly need the two points. Whoever turns up focussed and completes players with minimal error will win. I hope the players are on today. I hope the referee keeps Parra back 10 metres and doesn’t let them go early. We just need an even share of possession to win.

No excuses.

NYEagle
It was a 30 point win. Just the other way around. Only one excuse. We are dogsht.

These are the games where he needs to own, when we had the players out Like Tom, Dce, Jake and so on, especially when you come out and spruke that you can be the best in the game, then prove it. Especially when we are offering big money to keep you, again show us why we should offer you big money to stay. He needs to own these games when our key players are out. What do they say, its easy to talk the talk but you have to be able to walk the walk as well. Come on Schu, prove it, show us what you got

I am not a massive fan of Schu (kid has obvious talent but I don’t see him as a future leader and I have my doubts about certain aspects of his game) but I can’t fault his effort yesterday…
He was not great but he played his role and any shape that our attack did have was the result of Schu’s involvement… plus his defence gets a pass (the bell curve saved him)…
He was on a hiding-to-nothing yesterday because so many around him were failing to perform their role..

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8