The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Guys like u woody blowing schiit up his arse certainly does not help.

How bout u zip it and wait til the season starts instead of your endless criticism of Shu.

Please quote one word of unwarranted schiit I have given him ...

And I will zip it, if and when you and every other Silvertail member show me the way, by stopping all criticism and Schiit giving, to DCE, Paseka, Keppie, Aloaia, Froggy, Jake. Turbo, Parker, Harper, Sipley and every other player in the team. .... (won't happen will it?)

It's a forum numbnut ... just because you have one player that you wish to see no evil, hear no evil or speak no evil about ... that is as unlikely as it is childish ...

Man up ... and call the shu's performances for what they are .... good and full of promise ... but far from the finished product.

Unlike you, I have respect for his ability to take criticism aboard and fulfil his destiny ... as his off season training regime would indicate, he obviously realised he had a problem ... no thanks to the head in the sand fan-boys,.... (that would be you) ... now all he needs to do is get his footy brain thinking 1st grade ... not u/17's ....

Last edited:
You two are so close to saying the same thing but a going at it hammer and tong.

• Schu does have immense talent.
  • Schu does currently have flaws in this game.
  • It is not uncommon for young players to have flaws in their game.
  • Schu needs to work on his game.
  • It appears he is working hard on his game
  • We are all hopeful he kills it this year.
  • We are all backing him to kill it this year.

Done

And at what point does any of that ... justify NOT criticising his weaknesses.

You are not doing him any favours continually making excuses .... and I am 100% certain Flannagan is NOT saying to him anything other than lift your game.

Any improvement in the Shu's performances this year will have zero to do with anything other than the complete attitude adjustment caused by his less than stellar 2022.

And credit to him, he appears to have understood the onus is on him to make it happen.
I am with you on the positive affect of criticism
If we can not accept criticism we are not open to grow as people

The way I see it , he has absorbed and learned from all the criticisms and excuses from the last 2 years .Let's all look forward to 2023 and criticize anything he does wrong playing 6 .
Same as for all the players if he does not perform , move him on .

And at what point does any of that ... justify NOT criticising his weaknesses.

You are not doing him any favours continually making excuses .... and I am 100% certain Flannagan is NOT saying to him anything other than lift your game.

Any improvement in the Shu's performances this year will have zero to do with anything other than the complete attitude adjustment caused by his less than stellar 2022.

And credit to him, he appears to have understood the onus is on him to make it happen.

I'm only responding to the negatively this player receives. If that didnt happen as often I would keep quiet. Some players seem to attract negativity, while others who have just as many flaws are for the most part ignored. I feel sometimes that I have to offer balance. You'll notice I did this with Gutherson, Walker, Hastings, Taupau etc and not forgetting the rebellious seven. OK to be critical as long as its constructive and not personal. These guys are human just like us and very young. Do you remember what you were like at 21? They have their personal issues that may inhibit their game but that's for them to deal with, not for us to attack. I look at this blog which is already 157 pages long, each page averaging about 20 entries thereby totaling well over 3000 entries, some quite disparaging, dissecting this 21 year old footballer's game. So yes I will try to balance issues.

Do you remember what you were like at 21? They have their personal issues that may inhibit their game but that's for them to deal with, not for us to attack.
Look we here are among the most knowedgeable of all followers of the game, so certainly we would have done much better if we were ever 21 (I assume we were, its hard to remember that far back)

Do you remember what you were like at 21? They have their personal issues that may inhibit their game but that's for them to deal with, not for us to attack.

Yes... and thank the good Lord there were people that pulled me up short ... and made me face the issues ...

Thank goodness they didn't say ... Oh, he's only 21 ... or oh, he had an injury ... or oh, he's still learning ... or were stupid enough to ignore my shortcomings all together ...

People should go back and read the threads around DCE's first games.
Most wanted him sent to death row.
A few of us defended him.

Pretty sure his debut year playing in the halves for Manly worked out ok.

I'm only responding to the negatively this player receives. If that didnt happen as often I would keep quiet. Some players seem to attract negativity, while others who have just as many flaws are for the most part ignored.

The Critical perspective ...

I can empathise with the goodness of your caring heart to verbally respond to criticism

The fact is we will all be viewed in a negative way by some people

To overcome this we focus on our self worth , self development and humility

We gracefully accept our flaws and strive towards being better in who we are and what we do

And answer the critics by our actions and not words

The Shu has the opportunity to follow this principle as well

In life we should be grateful and thankful to all the people that motivated us to bring the best in us
And some of those people are our biggest Critics

Last edited:
People should go back and read the threads around DCE's first games.
Most wanted him sent to death row.
A few of us defended him.

Pretty sure his debut year playing in the halves for Manly worked out ok.
Think that argument is still going on in the various DCE threads.
Maybe this is what the future holds for Schuster on here too.

Yes... and thank the good Lord there were people that pulled me up short ... and made me face the issues ...

Thank goodness they didn't say ... Oh, he's only 21 ... or oh, he had an injury ... or oh, he's still learning ... or were stupid enough to ignore my shortcomings all together ...

So you're saying because you were pulled up, you never did anything wrong or made wrong decisions after you were 21. Really? One thing I know is that we all have skeletons, and they continue to be hidden even as we get older. No one questions criticisms that are constructive as long as we remember the old saying 'Before you take the sliver out of someone else's eye, ensure you take the log out of your own'. And ' Let who who is without sin cast the first stone'. Then there's one about glass houses. Healthy criticism comes from those who personally know the individual who is seen as erring, and are concerned for their welfare. Your friend no doubt did that knowing you. We dont know Schuster or what is happening to him, so how can we know what is healthy criticism?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2