The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I worry about young Joshie

Clearly talented BUT ( and yes he hasn’t exactly had lots of opportunities) he doesn’t seem to be learning and improving.

I wonder is that a training thing , ie “ he thinks he knows it all so doesn’t bother listening “.

I say “ wonder “ as I certainly don’t know but it’s just an observation.
The only thing I am worried about is Josh turning up in 2023 fit and ready to play 6 but is played somewhere else again after his debut there 2 years ago .My observation is that here was a kid with the world at his feet ready to play 6 but thrown into the second row . So hopefully he can fulfil his goal in 2023 and play well for Manly .

The only thing I am worried about is Josh turning up in 2023 fit and ready to play 6 but is played somewhere else again after his debut there 2 years ago .My observation is that here was a kid with the world at his feet ready to play 6 but thrown into the second row . So hopefully he can fulfil his goal in 2023 and play well for Manly .
Yes not saying my comments are right but no doubting the talent so it’s either , him not listening or the coaching staff not getting how to coach him.

Foran at the moment is standing in Schu’s way. That’s why he is being let go, not a knock on Foz, he’s one of my all-time Manly favourites.

But let’s all judge Schu on his form at 6 next year, not his current, give the kid a chance with a full off season under his belt. I’ve been questioning his weight and frame this year but he deserves to set himself up for the future, hence why he has taken such a mature approach in withdrawing from the WC.

He is currently stuck in an awkward position playing as 3rd half/2nd row. Next year he will have keys to lead the team around the park along with DCE.

IMHO , If we don't sign any decent middle forwards to gain momentum , we could have Munster at 6 and still struggle. We need to sign at least 2 Middles to help Jake, Paseka and Alioai . Croker goes ok when we are dominating the ruck

One positive I've noticed in the Schu's last couple of games is that, even though he might be trying too hard at times, he cares about his performance and the team. When he misses a tackle (see Fifita, David) or drops the ball, it stings. You can see the frustration on his face. But he gets back on the horse and goes again.

As a ball player, he is not afraid of contact (nor should he be, at his size) and really digs into the line. His play to set up our only try yesterday wasn't flashy, but it was exactly what the situation needed. Give him time and I reckon he'll come good. He'd probably kill it at another club.

Foz is a natural footballer ,no other player draws in defenders the way he does .
The way he attacks as he hits into the line is amazing.
Saying that ,I think Schu has all the pieces to make a good 5/8.
But does he have enough footy smarts to bring it all together consistently ?
Time will tell ,we need to give him his chance though.
5/8 is not a position I am worried about for next year.
2 hard running ,hard hitting forwards ,a running hooker and a new 7 and C is our desperate needs.

Des will have the players ready to go before kick off in 2023 and deep into the finals with minimal injuries .2022 and it's problems are gone and I cannot wait for 2023 .Let's go Manly .

I worry about young Joshie

Clearly talented BUT ( and yes he hasn’t exactly had lots of opportunities) he doesn’t seem to be learning and improving.

I wonder is that a training thing , ie “ he thinks he knows it all so doesn’t bother listening “.

I say “ wonder “ as I certainly don’t know but it’s just an observation.
How can he improve with minimal game time? What do people expect him to do in 10 minutes? Training is training…..match fitness & more game time instils improvement, involvement, confidence, maturity. 2021 Josh played full games hence played well. 2022 Josh has played sfu full games & it shows.

Personally, I believe he is unfit, not up to first grade and has not earned the right to play the way he does with carrying the ball in one hand, contantly throwing no look passes that often miss, not allowing his support to change lines or speed because he dosnt look at them before and during passing and overall is over rated and NOTHING compared to Foran.
He dosnt train well, is not popular with team mates and should not be in the team next year. He immediately asked for a release over the "pride, so brave" round.
What are the thoughts of the masses here?

I also have a heap of news from the office and am waiting to confirm some info before posting more on it.

He dosnt train well, is not popular with team mates and should not be in the team next year. He immediately asked for a release over the "pride, so brave" round.

Wow ... I am glad you confirm your information before posting .... people could be forgiven for thinking you just make shiite up ... what's your confirmation of the above statement ??

Well I don't know really, our group needs unity and some stability if he needs to cry to tartak all the time cut him free Kaeo Weekes could play there

Honestly

I feel many got so invested in the hype around him and built him up so much that now that he has had a dip in form its like they feel personally betrayed and are lashing out.

Has the world of potential and deserves a crack at 5/8. That said he needs to work on his fitness and also his footy smarts. Knowing when to go the big play and when to play the percentages.

Interested to see how he goes next year.

*Also isn't there a "Schuster Question" thread discussing this exact topic?

Hard to adjust to playing second row he bulked up a bit for that role, so I have faith in him give him a full pre season at 5/8 and give him a couple rounds into next year before we can fully judge him in his preferred position, his two games there this year we won 44 - 12 (Warriors) 30 - 4 (Tigers) all be it with Foran at Halfback

Hard to adjust to playing second row he bulked up a bit for that role, so I have faith in him give him a full pre season at 5/8 and give him a couple rounds into next year before we can fully judge him in his preferred position, his two games there this year we won 44 - 12 (Warriors) 30 - 4 (Tigers) all be it with Foran at Halfback
Against the teams that came 15th & 16th Unfortunately.

Also spoon quality sides.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10